GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
NOOOOOOOOOO so close to a good result

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Calm down dear, the season has only just
> finished.
>
> I've still got a couple of team reviews to write
> up before we get Season 9 underway.
>
> Writing Minardi's will be fun...

I'm aware that the season has just finished. I just want to be on the safe side. Last thing I need is to have to run the first test session of next season in the car of shame due to not sending in the finished livery in time (the SCR livery). And speaking of car of shame, is it possible to make the shame livery on the ZG02? If tradition holds true, we may be seeing TNR use the car of shame in the season opener, and it would be better to have the newer model.

Words can't describe enough how happy I am to finally win a race this season and to do this at Silverstone for an 3rd time in a row.

The fact that our team ended just 5th in the championship and Tobias and me ending 6th and 5th in the drivers championship proves our capabilities once again.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Yeah! What a nice result to finish the season :) Wonderful to score another podium place!
We made a nice jump to 7th in the WCC! Not bad at all!

On behalf of the numbers, it's handy to let tester cars start at 31 as mentioned before, that way there is a margin to the race cars (f.e. the situation with ART/ONE) :) Other then that, in my head it makes more sense to 'match numbers', so if the team gets 1 and 2 (by holding or contracting the WDC winner) also give them the first test numbers, it's easier and simpler to me at least. Only make the team order in the pitlane based on WCC standings off course like it is now.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Calm down dear, the season has only just
> > finished.
> >
> > I've still got a couple of team reviews to
> write
> > up before we get Season 9 underway.
> >
> > Writing Minardi's will be fun...
>
> I'm aware that the season has just finished. I
> just want to be on the safe side. Last thing I
> need is to have to run the first test session of
> next season in the car of shame due to not sending
> in the finished livery in time (the SCR livery).
> And speaking of car of shame, is it possible to
> make the shame livery on the ZG02? If tradition
> holds true, we may be seeing TNR use the car of
> shame in the season opener, and it would be better
> to have the newer model.

Less time yapping, asking questions, and more time painting! lol
You have plenty of time to get the SCR painted. Can't get the car painted or lines matched : try, try, try again and check things in Zmodeller as you try. It is not that hard....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Well, it will probably be a month or two before Season 9 can be greenlit - the calendar needs to be decided, along with any additional rule changes deemed necessary.

That's the way it has been normally, anyway.

A decent finish in Silverstone for me. Of course I had hoped for more, but seeing how chaotic it was out there on the track, I can be very happy to have finished and have secured 2nd in the WDC. Obviously my best result so far. But next season I wanna stand on top of the board!

I honestly appreciate the upcoming off-season so that I can fully concentrate on RL for a while. I might be silent in the threads, but I'll check in regularly for questions and next season planning.

Furthermore, congrats to Ruben to the deserved win and to Ed, once again, for winning the championship. I learned a great deal and next year I'll try to set your butt on fire.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2013 03:37PM by JohnMaverick.
Bit of a meh end to a decent race there, on the pace again but still no big finish. Nice to see the team grab 3rd in the constructors though, been a superb season.

Oh and congrats to the winners of the championships.

Oh no!!! Not what we wanted at the end of the season with 4th place in the standings. crap :(
I'm still gutted. No Porsche for you Charrel!

I agree with Maikel on the numbers issue.

Also my thanks to everyone who played a part in making this a fun season.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Christel VXR bow out quietly

After a mixed bag of a weekend at Silverstone Christel VXR have bowed out of the GPGSL with little fanfare. The team boss held a short press conference after the race to thank the many people involved with the team and said that he was looking forward to be a driver again for a while,

"Obviously it is a sad day for Christel VXR as this marks our last event in the GPGSL. We didn't expect much from this race and we duly went about the business of doing the best jobs we could for Jack and Michael whom I would like to thank for their stellar work and commitment over the last few seasons. Both drivers have been loyal servants to the team and I honestly believe that they are not only one of the strongest driver lineups on the grid, but both potential champions of the future. Personally I am looking forward to starting work with JHR next season and (re)kick-starting my driving career.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everybody involved with the running of the GPGSL this year. Another stellar season and well done again Ed on his world title. I am very much looking forward to seeing what he will do next year in his new team.

I could wax lyrical about how the rule changes haven't helped us this year etc but this isn't the time for that. Christel VXR is officially done and dusted...for now!"

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I really can't see why MPR deserve the numbers 31 & 32, I cannot understand the reasoning behind it. The number 1 is given to the reigning drivers champion, not his team. His team mate naturally gets number 2. It doesn't follow that MPR have a right to 31 & 32. I am firmly believe that the testing numbers should follow the WCC. I am not saying this as AMR team owner, I would say this even if AMR was in the same situation to MPR.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
The first numbers are set to the drivers champion, thereby they go to whoever the team that driver drives for.

Aston Martin keep their position at the top of the perf and thereby have the first garage as is their right as constructors championships.

Taking a step back I realise how trivial this argument is. Stu, if you want the first test numbers then have them mate.

Pity gp4 doesn't allow for pitlane order change, like gp3 does. With gp3edit, you can keep the teams with their numbers, then change their pitlane order. If gp4 did that, then it would be easier to sort the numbers out.

The pitlane order in GP4 simply follows the order in which the teams are listed in the perf file.

MPR will have the #1 & 2 in Season 9 but will remain fourth in the perf list.

Simples.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:

>
> Simples.

PLEASE tell me that's a meerkat reference!? If it is, you've made my week!
(If not i'll get back in me box)
Could the painters of the car liveries and helmets for next season send me their files in PSD-format please where the original layers of the template are not merged with new layers? This give me the possibility to correct overlooked mistakes.

Thanks in advance.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy