GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
Mullet345 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just looked at the final standings in the wiki,
> and I have to say the final race has indeed been a
> decider. So from the results, here is how the
> numbers will be for next season:
>
> AMR: 3, 4 / 24, 25 (?)
> ONE: 5, 6 / 26, 27 (?)
> VSM: 7, 8 / 28, 29 (?)
> MPR: 1, 2 / 30, 31(?)
> Shadow: 9, 10 / 32, 33
> SCR: 11, 12 / 34, 35
> Snake: 14, 15 / 36, 37
> TNR: 16, 17 / 38, 39
> Demon: 18, 19 / 40, 41
> MAC: 20, 21 / 42, 43
> JHR: 22, 23 / 44, 45
>
> All that's left to work out is how the drivers
> will lineup in the team's lineup.

How the vock do those testnumbers work? :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Well done Ruben! It was good to survive the chaos and make it to the Top 10, which was about all I could hope for starting where I did.

X (@ed24f1)
Round 17 - Silverstone - Official Results Tables

Round 17 - Silverstone - Official Standings Tables

Round 17 - Silverstone - Official Boost Tables

Round 17 - Silverstone - GPGCL

Never mind, i figured it out. (yh, its rocketscience :P)

OT: Although the result of the race itself can hardly satisfy us as we could have scored a lot more points.
I am happy with the end result. Our goal set in the beginning of the year was to get our team into 4th in the WCC. We have achieved our goal+1. This is an epic team result. It should make Dean quite sad... (:P)

Chris drove a brilliant race and showed his huge potential on his way to 2nd but was sadly unable to avoid the rocket of Demon Racing. Nevertheless the feelings are very very positive.

We expect a team launch in a few days or in a week. It is there where we will announce our complete line-up for S9. Stay tuned ladies and gentleman !

P.S. I'd like to grab this moemnt to do an annual thank you word to the GPGSL Board, Race Directors and Everyone involved in this wonderful series for making this happen. It has been 8 seasons of (almost) pure joy for me and i hope that many seasons will follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
not the way i wanted to end the race for Christel.... :(
nicve to see Jack gain a few places! =)

Thanks to Christel for giving me this opertunity to gain more experience and i hope to see them back on the grid one day again!

Thanks to all who has been involved in runing the series =)
Congrats Ruben to your deserved first win this season (B)

Good race for me, no mistakes made and I managed to stay out of trouble. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough to win the team-intern duel in the end, but nevertheless a great rookie season for me.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Matteo Scala celebrates Minardi's 3rd place in WCC

"First of all, I wanna apologize with Owen for the early crash. I was too much on fire. And the car was really promising today. Luckily the big number of mistakes by the majority of the grid helped me recover a lot of precious points that were useful in our ride to the 3rd place. Chris was unlucky enough to catch Somogyi on the last laps, even if that wouldn't have been enough to catch One in WCC. S8 has been my best season by many points: two hat tricks as a racer, a pole and a win as tester in my first appearance with Minardi. The team grew a lot during the season. I'm happy to stay for S9... hoping for an even better season!"

My GPGSL Career
Firstly I'm absolutely gutted to have lost third in the constructors championship with just a few laps of the season remaining.

Couldn't have happened in a worst way as we looked odds on for 3rd when Matteo thew his car off the road early on.

Still it means under the broken boost system next year we get more points so screw it as its actually probably left the team better off.

Secondly, and this has frustrated me ever since I announed Ed's signing but that number system is completely wrong. I know I've said this time and time again but it's just silly.

Why would we have the first numbers for the race drivers and then the fourth set of numbers for the test series. In no logical way does that make sense.

We'd have the first set of both numbers but would be second in the perf list as Aston are the winners of the Constructors Championship, so we would have the second garage and such.

Check how it works in F1, please.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Firstly I'm absolutely gutted to have lost third
> in the constructors championship with just a few
> laps of the season remaining.
>
> Couldn't have happened in a worst way as we looked
> odds on for 3rd when Matteo thew his car off the
> road early on.
>
> Still it means under the broken boost system next
> year we get more points so screw it as its
> actually probably left the team better off.
>
> Secondly, and this has frustrated me ever since I
> announed Ed's signing but that number system is
> completely wrong. I know I've said this time and
> time again but it's just silly.
>
> Why would we have the first numbers for the race
> drivers and then the fourth set of numbers for the
> test series. In no logical way does that make
> sense.
>
> We'd have the first set of both numbers but would
> be second in the perf list as Aston are the
> winners of the Constructors Championship, so we
> would have the second garage and such.
>
> Check how it works in F1, please.

lol...the further down the table you finish mate, the more help you get!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I shall point this out once again. Dan, your team finished 4th in the championship, so therefore your team gets the 4th best numbers. The only reason you have the best numbers in the race series is because Ed is the champion. Simples.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Ferrari2007 écrivait:
[...]
>
> Secondly, and this has frustrated me ever since I
> announed Ed's signing but that number system is
> completely wrong. I know I've said this time and
> time again but it's just silly.
>
> Why would we have the first numbers for the race
> drivers and then the fourth set of numbers for the
> test series. In no logical way does that make
> sense.
>
> We'd have the first set of both numbers but would
> be second in the perf list as Aston are the
> winners of the Constructors Championship, so we
> would have the second garage and such.
>
> Check how it works in F1, please.

I guess that if you finished 4th in WCC you'll get 4th slot in the garage, not first one nor second one as well.

For the testers numbers I don't have any preference but maybe we should start with 31-32 and so on to avoid what happened this season with ART/ONE. And just an idea, maybe we should give first numbers to the Testers champion's team as an award of the previous season. Not hard to be implemented.

Rodríguez claims 3rd place in the final standings to end dream season

"Whoa, I'm so happy... I have no words... so many new feelings this season, when I crossed the line I didn't think I'd clinched 3rd but Rod shouted in the radio 'You are the third best driver of season 8!! Parabéns!!', then I started screaming too (laughs). I want to congratulate Stefan too, he has proven a really tough teammate and he should have been ahead, he was just unlucky in the race. And also thanks to team ONE, to Audi for this brutal engine, all my sponsors and fans, this trophy is for Uruguay!!"

And on a related note, thanks to all of you who dedicate time and energy for the well-being of this series. It has been an amazing time, and the best is yet to come :-) We are all the GPGSL!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Demon Racing post Silverstone press release....

Well.
Things looked so good with just a handful of laps to go. A good haul of points was coming our way. Then, all hell broke loose....
Such a shame. Zsigimond and Jake ran so well, kept out of trouble, and were doing fantastically well. And then, the racing gods bitch slapped us good and proper!!!

#18 and 19 for season 9??? I don't think our paintshop crew even have those numbers ready at all? These numbers were NOT in our calculations or plans for Season 9 at all...
The paint team had better get some revised numbers off to the official render'er! LOL

Oh well. The GPGSL field knows Demon Racing are going well, and are much more competitive than the constructor championship reflects.

Bring on Season 9.

AND, thanks to all involved in running GPGSL, and keeping a bit of fantasy alive, through what has been a tough year for me and my family. As the S9 Demon livery will show, there are a few sponsor logos of a disease that someone very close to me has been battling since March of this year, and it has been a real challenge for me personally.
But, having a bit of a distraction like this series, has helped me forget things at times. So, keep on rolling on, GPGSL and all who donate their time and efforts to keep it ticking over!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Ruben Greidanus undisputed king of Silverstone!! Beautiful race matey that sets us up fantastically for the next season - well done!!
Tobias getting a great result too ending a very tough season for the team on a very positive note.
And we take away as ingle trophy from the GPGCL to show all efforts were not wasted this year.

:-)

I also wanna extend my congratulations once again to the superb champions AMR and Ed Greenhlagh. Thoroughly deserved success this season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2013 11:07PM by brunoboi.
Rico Wrote:
> I am happy with the end result. Our goal set in
> the beginning of the year was to get our team into
> 4th in the WCC. We have achieved our goal+1. This
> is an epic team result. It should make Dean quite
> sad... (:P)

You wish ;) As I said before, I made that choice and I have no regrets. Fair play to you guys, you've had a cracking season.

As they always say, however - there's always next time ;)

Congratulations Ed, AMR and all involved in the GPGSL this season - onwards to S9!

Personal Sponsor For Greg O'Brien Announcement

With the final round of the GPGSL finally finished, the announcement made by Greg O'Brien that he would reveal his newly signed personal sponsor once the race had finished, has finally come full circle. Here is the announcement.

"I am please to announce that a sponsorship deal has been reached for next season. In many different motorsports around the world, some drivers have a personal sponsor, which sees the logo of the company on their helmet. An example of this is seen with Red Bull. But there are other sponsors as well. As for the deal I have reached, I will now reveal the sponsor, of which I'll be using their logo on my helmet: Monster Energy."

This comes at a good time for O'Brien, who will be stepping into the test seat at Southern Cross Racing for next season, following the withdrawal of Christel VXR. O'Brien has been working on a few designs for his Season 9 helmet, and hopefully a design can be chosen that can accommodate both the SCR sponsors and Monster Energy. No word yet on when the design will be finished, but O'Brien has assured it will be ready in time for the season opener.

wow, i'm sort of glad this season has finally come to an end.

also as others already said: a huge thank you to everyone putting time into this series. :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Thanks for a great season, boys and girls. Like Glen, I'm surprised we've ended up with #18 and #19 for next season as we generally gave quite a good account of ourselves. Had we not had such a dodgy end to the year, I'm sure we'd have a far better representation of the year...but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess!

The season review will be around in a couple of weeks, hopefully Dan's still got time to help me out on that front and I'll use the next few days to do my bit too. Hopefully it'll be a good read for all of you when it emerges.

Now, I'd imagine we have a great many things to discuss for Season 9. Let's make it a vintage year for the GPGSL.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
How soon till the Season 9 Team Launch thread will be made? I'm painting the SCR livery for next season, and I'm almost done. Just need some help cleaning up the lines so they look neater, and maybe some tweaks to the sponsors. I need the livery to be 100% complete before sending it in for rendering so that it will be ready for Mal to do the official team launch. So if anyone can help, please let me know and I can send a copy of the psd file over.

Calm down dear, the season has only just finished.

I've still got a couple of team reviews to write up before we get Season 9 underway.

Writing Minardi's will be fun...

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy