GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
If absolutely nobody else can do it, I can try and squeeze it in on the weekend. But as a last resort.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I could do it, but I need to be instructed on how to do the screenshots right (i.e. having the "commentary" with the screenshots.
I'll do it tonight. But Daniel, I'll send you a quick tutorial later for the next time.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Pretty nice qualifying for us, I had a great lap and Carlos is just a few places behind me and also in a good position.

The race has been run and won. It will either be posted tonight or tomorrow.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Thanks John. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
GPGSL Season 8, Round 5. Japan GP at Suzuka. RACE DAY!

Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen, to Suzuka where Weiko Hasser is reporting live from the 5th round of the GPGSL. The qualifying has surprised lots of so-called experts and as we can see on the screen, rain isn't expecting to shake things up. Everybody's on their own! What? Oh...@#$%&! We're missing the start!

Phew, just in time. The drivers are off and Somogyi didn't have a good start. He has lost the pole to Charrel Jalving already!

And van Renselaar is through, too! Well, that was ONE move! Somogyi in third now while the other drivers pile up behind.

The TSM boys are battling it out and Hunsley is right behind to look for a gap.

Looks like Ruben Greidanus has the better end for himself in this team-fight, while Hunsley is defending against Greenhalgh in the AMR.

But what's that? Hunsley takes the outside of Kederer and sneaks away with it! That was a really nice move. Kederer didn't see that coming.

And it gets even worse. Greenhalgh is the next to have a try on Kederer. His tires are obviously not warm yet, or he must have another problem.

While the first drivers have crossed the finish line already, Legge tries a shortcut in the chicane...

He gets away with it but holds up everyone behind him...

Which then forces Steer into the gravel. No comment on that move.

Further up the field his teammate is looking for the gap against van Renselaar. Somogyi is really faster than the ONE driver.

And Hunsley seems to get settled in the TSM sandwich.

Warrington attacks Rodriguez in the other ONE car.

Rodriguez is forced off-track...

...and joins again without looking! Phew...that was close, damnit! It's sheer luck that he hit nobody else there.

But he did pile up the guys behind him in the following chicane, while Jalving drives the fastest lap.

Meanwhile further up the field....oh oh...that doesn't look like it should. Cutting that curb usually results in...

That was a hard impact from Gilson. Hopefully he'll be okay! Either way he's out of the race! A very unlucky driving mistake by the (so-far) season-sensation. This might throw him back in the fight for the title.

The action of the first rounds has settled and we can use the time to have a first look on the current standings.

And we're back in the action right in time. Greenhalgh is attacking Greidanus and catches him.

But...OH...CAREFUL! Hunsley's engine has blown and is all in fire, causing a lot of smoke. Greenhalgh and Greidanus barely manage to avoid contact!

That'll also be an early end for Hunsley's working day. Most of all he should really get off-track. I don't wanna know how much oil he's dispensing on the track right now.

But back to the top of the grid. Somogyi is making a move on van Renselaar!

But the ONE driver defends hard and the other pulls back. Sorry guys, but I'm addicted to these 'ONE' jokes, even if they're rock-old by now.

Hunsley is out, but therefore Chalving is on a great way to win this thing here. He can easily put a gap between himself and van Renselaar who has his hands full with Somogyi behind him.

Oh oh...talking to early! Right in this moment Jalving goes off-track!

He manages to avoid the gravel, but this has clearly cost a lot of time. Van Renselaar is a lot closer again!

That looks like van Renselaar is eager not to let Jalving off the hook a second time.

Meanwhile Warrington is hunting Santilal mid-field. The Brit is a lot faster, this should only be a matter of time.

Talking of it...

Or not! Santilal has recovered another time! Great defense driving.

At the front, Jalving is pulling away from van Renselaar again, cause he is once more fighting with Somogyi. Jalving will probably thank the Hungarian after the race.

Scala under pressure and with a light driving error. It doesn't seem to be the Italian's day.

And even further behind, the TNR boys are battling it out for 18th. Dan Mills is reported to be nightmare-dreaming in the box. No surprise consider the positions of his drivers.

Somogyi! Now he dares the attack against van Renselaar!

But again the latter closes the gap and doesn't leave the Hungarian the slightest chance.

Or does he? The ONE driver goes a bit wide and the other takes the in-line.

Ohhhhhh...that'll get close! One has to pull back, or......

Somogyi was wise enough to pull back! Phew. Smart driving.

Horvath with a lock-up. TNR and their tire-problems.

Legge is having a careful look at a SMS driver...that should be Spencer, if I see it correctly.

The SMS shuts the door and stays in front...

but shows a nice drive into the first corner. No position lost, but it was a nice show for the crowd. His team engineer will probably verbally kill him though. How good that the stops are not that far away anymore. *Sings* "I'm picking up good vibrations...", welcome the Beach Boys, Mr. Spencer.

Back into the action! Greenhalgh vs. Greidanus!

The Aussie is through and 5th by now. Right behind his teammate.

Somogyi still in van Renselaar's rear. He clearly wants this pass now before the pit stops start.

Another attempt...

...but again no luck! Hopefully Somogyi won't get too impatient there. Maybe he should prepare his crew for a pass in the pits.

Talking of it, the leader is first to pit. With his massive gap to the following drivers, it was probably a safety call to get him in this early.

This means that van Renselaar borrows the lead for a while. And Somogyi is still right behind him.

Ellecker and Spencer follow in the pits. For Spencer it was probably a well-awaited call.

What a nice shot! Literally inches more and Somogyi will bump in the rear of van Renselaar...errr...well...the one of his car!

But the problem solves itself for Somogyi. Van Renselaar enters the pits and now it's for the Hungarian driver, who stays out, to burn a good round in the asphalt!

Greidanus joins in the pits for some fresh rubbers.

And Somogyi seems to drive for his life!

He gets everything out of his Demon car while Hinz is next to pit.

Drama for ONE! That is for van Renselaar. He came out right Steer and is blocked heavily now, unable to make use of his fresh tires. That can cost him P2 when Somogyi stops!

And there comes the Hungarian while the AMR drivers Maverick and Greenhalgh overtake the double-lead. A familiar feeling for AMR boss Ingers, but not yet this season. And it's only temporarily since both haven't stopped yet.

Somogyi couldn't profit from van Renselaar's bad luck. He comes out right behind the ONE driver. Luck for him, bad luck for Somogyi. He'll be frustrated for sure.

Meanwhile the AMR generations have a private party at the front. New driver Maverick in the temporal lead, double-AMR-champion Greenhalgh behind and old AMR driver Warrington waiting for his chance.

Critics could argue that it's clear whom AMR counts on since Greenhalgh is first to be called into the pits. For Maverick this means that he'll have to stay out another round on his old rubbers. But it's understandable, Greenhalgh is higher positioned in the championship tables and close to Maverick in this race.

Warrington follows in the shadow...no, not THE Shadow, that's the team he left again as a test driver to race for Minardi, you know? Heh? No...just the shadow! Go with it!

This leaves Maverick pretty alone on track while Legge also pits from the backfield.

Probably it's because of the helmet had to borrow from Johnson, but Scala drives a pretty crap today. Once more he's lightly off-track. But he's not alone with the helmet problem. Santilal also has to use an old one from Davies since both their helmets weren't allowed by the GPGSL for this race. It will sorted out though for the next one....probably.

Finally Maverick can enter the pits. Now we can see whether or not AMR's plan worked out.

Rodriguez, who silently drove into temporal 2nd, follows him.

Jalving is through. That was clear.

And so are Somogyi and van Renselaar. Wait...Somogyi in front of van Renselaar? Damnit, the cameras must have missed the move. But I'm pretty sure the Hungarian won't mind. Main thing is that he has finally caught the ONE.

This means no improvement for Maverick by this long first stint. But at least also no loss of positions, since he comes back on track in fourth, right in front of Greidanus, who has caught Greenhalgh again in the pits. Lucky Maverick in this case? Maybe!

And Greidanus is putting pressure on the Swiss driver, knowing that his only chance is now that Maverick's tires are still cold.

And Jalving...he can probably only defeat himself anymore, or his machine can maybe. But this gap is big enough to shut down a gap or two.

Horvath and the tires...again.

He drifts off-track, makes a nice stunt for the crowd and rejoins the track in last position. Oh wait...he was last before already. Well, now he's DEAD-LAST!

Time for some more standings after all have done their required pit-stop.

Warrington putting in another fastest lap. He's really eager to catch up to the front guys, excluding Jalving, that is.

Oh no! Somogyi seems to have lost concentration for just a second! He's in the gravel...

...and he spins! There goes any hope for a quick recovery. Standing in the wrong direction he has to wait for EVERYBODY to pass before he can join the track again. Such a brilliant weekend for the Demon driver so far, but that ruins it all.

That means that Maverick earns 3rd from the Hungarian driver and suddenly seems to be awake after he overslept most of the race so far. He's right behind van Renselaar...

...and just a few corners later he has forced the ONE driver a bit wide and uses the gap.

But van Renselaar wouldn't be van Renselaar if he didn't fight back on the next straight.

Maverick, however, doesn't give him a chance and snatches 2nd finally...

...immediately creating a gap as soon as he has a free drive and can make full use of the boost/fresh tires combination.

Guess what...another lock-up from Scala, this time without consequences though.

But the rattle-snake is now right behind and waiting for an attack.

Meanwhile another one meets his Demon! Legge wants too push and pushes Santilal off-track, even lifting him in the air. That wasn't a clean maneuver.

Santilal flies into the gravel and loses a good bunch of positions before he can get back on track.

He comes back in 18th, just behind Steer.

Meanwhile Warrington wants this 5th position and attacks current 5th Greidanus.

They're side-to-side in the corner...

...but Greidanus defends really hard and Warrington loses a lot of time while trying to avoid a collision. That brings him into danger of being caught by Rodriguez behind.

At least the ONE driver is now really close, and so is Greenhalgh in Hinz's mirror.

Oh, let me correct that. Now he's prominent right in front of the MAC driver.

And Rodriguez attacks hard on Warrington. The Minardi driver nearly hits the gravel, but can recover with a great move. Rodriguez is through though.

Maverick closing up on Jalving. But let's face it. Less than 7 rounds to go and more than 7 seconds gap? That should be it for Jalving.

All he needs to do is avoid any more mistakes and he'll be the winner here in Japan.

Rodriguez, however, isn't settled yet. Like Maverick he stayed out very long in his first stint and has fresher tires now. And he makes use of them by hunting after Greidanus now. What a great show of the ONE...err...two ONE drivers. Man...how confusing!

The bad-luck guys together. Somogyi, who threw away his 2nd place and Santilal who was squeezed out by the other demon...er Demon. But Santilal will clearly see demons tonight.

Jalving still on a good way. Nobody in direct sight and it's only 5 more rounds to go.

But there's more action on the track! Rodriguez goes for Greidanus!

Looks like he's through....or not? The next corner will give Greidanus an advantage.

And hence the TSM driver regains the place.

Cannot Steer...in action!

He comes back on track but has lost a few places. Since there are points for every driver, this does make a difference!

Oh my...Greidanus forced Rodriguez a bit wide once again and this piles up Warrington, Greenhalgh and Hinz behind him. Can anybody profit? The cameras miss it, but no. Nobody can profit from it.

Van Renselaar loosing out on Maverick. He can clearly not go the Swiss driver's pace anymore, who is now one of the fastest cars on track.

But...Jalving is on his last meters and won't give this away anymore!

So is it! Charrel Jalving wins Round 5 of the GPGSL in Suzuka. Except his mistake in the first stint he showed a brilliant drive and deserves this win without doubt! He didn't give van Renselaar or Somogyi any chance to follow him and so had, most of the time, a pretty lonely race. To be fair, though, the buffer he had in the two newcomer cars probably came in handy, too. Otherwise it might have been a closer finish now than it was.

Second is John Maverick, catching his first podium of the season. Finally! However, the Swiss driver kinda overslept the first half of the race and missed to put more pressure on Somogyi or van Renselaar to be able to go after Jalving. This way he couldn't catch up anymore at the end of the race, but still he will be happy, I'm sure.

Third to come is Stefan van Renselaar. A podium with his old team, which is now a newcomer team, however, is definitely a great sensation and really valuable for the team. But ONE, that is the team...grrr...is showing a good speed for the whole season already, so they have really done their job. Congratulations to round up the podium.

Greidanus rescues 4th over the finish line. Again no podium for TSM, but compared to their last races, 4th is a good improvement. They'll have to hope that it is a trend and not only a one-race luck.

John Warrington bringing home 5th. A solid drive by the GPGSL veteran and he shows that he's by far not too old yet for the GPGSL. He's even in front of his former teammate Ed Greenhalgh.

...who comes right behind Warrington in 6th. An okay team result for AMR, I'd say. Sure, they're used to more points than this, but both drivers improved from their qualifying positions, so the team shouldn't be too unhappy.

Hinz bringing home a good 7th for MAC. Unlike the bad luck that his teammate encountered, Hinz had a good day and brings home valuable points.

That brings me to...Rodriguez? Wait...why is this guy only in 8th?

The replay shows. A self-caused mistake in the last round. That is unfortunate, but unfortunately it's a trend for Rodriguez. This guy has shown his speed very often already, but the constancy is an issue....still.

Anyway, that's it from hot Suzuka. I'll go and have an ice-cream now. I hope you enjoyed today's coverage and the action-packed race and I'll hopefully see you again soon for the 6th round of the......GPGSL! Good night!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 10:21PM by GPGTV.org/farked.
GPGSL Season 8, Round 5, Suzuka OFFICIAL RESULTS

The GPGSL apologizes for the crappy look of the results tables, but unfortunately there wasn't enough coverage time left to put them together properly.

Well for me that sucked but congrats on the win Charrel, you deserved it mate! :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 10:41PM by Twigster151.
nice coverage and a great result for me. 7th is more than i could have asked for. great strategy, decent driving, i'm happy (Y)
bad luck for monil though, he had no chance to avoid that incident and could have scored some more points as well.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
not a great race for me today. it's ricardo's fault! ;)

My GPGSL Career
MPR Team Radio - Charrel Jalving
WOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! YEAH!!! Lets get this party started! Japanese girls and champagne, it's going to be a loooooonnnnggg night!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
descent race from us, Jack made up some places. Good to see.
Thanks to John Maverick for running the race. Cheers mate (H)

I'm very happy with the result :) 2nd for John and 6th for Ed, well done guys ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Better than expected!

MAC Racing Team Boss Nathan McGrgeor Speaks After The Race TO GPGTV

"What a pathetic piece of driving by Legge, if the stewards don't do anything about that
move then I will take things into my own hands. We are a small team fighting for every
point we can and to have a moron like that steal valuable points away from us is
just downright gut wrenching."

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2013 03:37AM by Macca25.
I demand a stewards investigation.
I think the Stuarts have more concern with the English Civil War than some poxy collision in Japan!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Very proud of my race on what could be my final race outing

A bad qualifying turns into a bad race. A couple of mistakes, no wait errmm i got bored with only the occasional stunt driver dropping passed me so i visited the crowd, yeh thats it no mistakes of course.

Anyway bad result for the team, we didn't have the pace as in previous races although i was apparently 10th quickest. Maybe off-track is faster... Anyway onwards, hopefully me and gary can pull something much better out next time!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy