GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Congratulations, guys!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
JohnMaverick Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I the only one to like the sight of 5 different
> race winners in 5 races?

5 different winners, 5 different teams :) Also noticeable!

@Suzuka, well glad it's over, whole weekend just didn't work out. Let's go for the next!!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Rod_vs Schreef:
> Congratulations, guys!!!

Thank you boss!!!

9th in the tester's championship. It's good to be back in the top 10 again. I'm hoping for a better session next time.

This was a great race for John, stunning drive, shows the faith we had in him and our car wasnt for nothing.
I just dont know what the hell Matteo thought he was doing, clearly he should get some driving lessons.

Untill you drive better i confiscate the FIAT 500, i know it was a gift but the papers to change the rights of the car arent on your name yet !

An announcement regarding the team will follow in a few days, NO we will not quit ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Bad setup, bad driving, bad result...
ジャパンタイムズ - 新聞記事
鈴鹿: マティーニパドックレーシングチームからドライバーは今朝、彼の新しい997 GT2のマルティーニカラーリングを墜落した。ドライバーはグランプリを受賞し、一晩のパーティーの後に鈴鹿レーシングトラックから来たことを報告書による。アルコールの5倍の最大量(キャプテンモルゲン&コーラ主催)、7酔っ日本人の影響下にあったドライバは、このクラッシュ中に負傷していませんでした。彼らは彼のプライベートホテルの部屋で自分のパーティを続けることがドライバーのホテルに進行中であった、そして、彼らがした警察にすべてを説明した後。

Translation:

The Japan Times - Newspaper article
Suzuka: A driver from the Martini Paddock Racing Team crashed his new 997 GT2 Martini this morning. The report states that the driver came from Suzuka Racing track after winning the Grand Prix and partying all night long. The driver, who was under the influence of 5 times the maximum amount of alcohol (sponsored by Captain Morgen & Cola), and 7 drunk Japanese gridgirls were not injured during this crash. They were underway to the hotel of the driver to continue their party in his private hotel room, and after explaining everything (paying them off) to the police they did.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 11:09AM by Charrel.
Very pleased with the win. Congratulations to Charrel who was on fire all weekend.

Pity for Jack, his car ended up literally on fire. Lancia have the engine and will be investigating the issue to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Lovely stuff by Gareth too, sitting pretty in 3rd in the Testers Championship.

Great to see us doing so well in the Constructors Championship as well. The upward trend continues at MPR.

We have no comments regarding the above incident ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 11:14AM by Ferrari2007.
Rico Wrote:
> This was a great race for John, stunning drive,
> shows the faith we had in him and our car wasnt
> for nothing.
> I just dont know what the hell Matteo thought he
> was doing, clearly he should get some driving
> lessons.
>
> Untill you drive better i confiscate the FIAT 500,
> i know it was a gift but the papers to change the
> rights of the car arent on your name yet !
>
> An announcement regarding the team will follow in
> a few days, NO we will not quit ;)

I thought I was working on those things you asked me. But maybe I'm wrong ;)

My GPGSL Career
Unimportant News Announcement

After being responsible for an incident that destroyed Monil Santilal's hopes of a decent points finish at Suzuka, Demon team boss Glen Sheppard has cut the £14,000 bill that driver Jake Legge is usually allowed for his huge supply of tea as a punishment to the British driver. The Aussie said "That bloody Pom thinks he can damage my cars, huh? Now he's gonna understand what real pain is like. I'm not spending my hard-earned money for poncy British tea."

This led Legge to seek a personal sponsorship deal with Tetley, who have agreed to supply the driver with all of his future tea requirements. Their logo will appear on his helmet, and it's rumoured that the company logo will also be tattooed on his face to ensure that brand awareness is at it's maximum. He will also take part in three PR events for the tea company, all of which involve the driver roaming the streets of various cities dressed up as a giant teabag. This has created a set of new nicknames for Legge on various internet forums, including "Rosie Lee", "Cuppa Boy" and "The Teabagger".

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Decent result for me, still 2nd in the championship.

Looking forward to Canada.
La Gaselle dello tort - Newspaper article

After Ricardo van Smirren teamboss of Scuderia Minardi was pointed to the accident his old driver and protege had he went furious.

"What the hell was Charrel thinking?! Although i am proud of him of bringing 7 girls back to his place (how the hell did that fit in a Porsche?!) i am sad that our beloved ex-teammember chose 7 japanese girls over the 10 Hustler TV girls we took with us. He could have ban*ed them for free ! We all know the Japanese are hairy !"

Later when Rico calmed down he did say he was happy that Charrel escaped the crash scene uninjured.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Solid result for TSM, after the season we've had we really can't complain with two solid points scores

tbh I am not that big fan of this totally mixed up season. It's unpredictable, that's its big plus, but also its minus. It's like now every single race has completely new chances for everyone, something I didn't like either in F1-season 2012. It was crazy, you know, but also a bit strange, nobody being able to atleast get some kind of prediction.
Of course having one uber-team is really bad, but I'd rather have some more stable results than a mix like this.
Greetings
Silverman

PS: As I've only heard positive things up to this moment regarding the rule-changes you shouldn't do anything about this though. It's just like I wanted to tell this little rant without intending to get anything to happen :-p
It's just for fun and great to even have this league, so who am I to critizice you? So really these are my 0.00002 cents, worth the same thinking of every other member ;)
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> tbh I am not that big fan of this totally mixed up
> season. It's unpredictable, that's its big plus,
> but also its minus. It's like now every single
> race has completely new chances for everyone,
> something I didn't like either in F1-season 2012.
> It was crazy, you know, but also a bit strange,
> nobody being able to atleast get some kind of
> prediction.
> Of course having one uber-team is really bad, but
> I'd rather have some more stable results than a
> mix like this.
> Greetings
> Silverman
>
> PS: As I've only heard positive things up to this
> moment regarding the rule-changes you shouldn't do
> anything about this though. It's just like I
> wanted to tell this little rant without intending
> to get anything to happen :-p
> It's just for fun and great to even have this
> league, so who am I to critizice you? So really
> these are my 0.00002 cents, worth the same
> thinking of every other member ;)

I know what you mean and think you said it in a good way, I also agree a little. I think the main reason for me being a bit grumpy at the moment is that Christel did really well last year and this year we have struggled and I can't see a clear reason for it other than the qualifying format not really suiting my drivers qualifying perfs. In hindsight it is the rule change that I am the least in favour of. However, I suppose that with all this randomness there is some chance of us getting a good result at some point in the season.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I especially understand you, Chris. However, it's not said that even with the old format Christel would have been able to stay where it was last season. Remember SCR in season 6 fighting for the title for a long time of the season and then totally breaking down in S7 without any rule or important driver changes. GP4 is unpredictable in itself already, but of course the rule changes favor that, too. I personally could complain the same way, since I also struggle a lot with the new qualifying mode (except Suzuka probably). But I still think that this mix equals the chances for everybody to bring in good results. Look at ONE racing, for example, for whom it has worked out so far the same way than it worked out for Christel last season. I think it's a good thing that also new and lower teams are able to fight for good points.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I think the new rules have been a massive breath of fresh air to the series. With me owning a brand new team with the base perf to start the season, under the old rules, there would be NO way at all one of my drivers could snare the pole position. The randomness of it all has thrown the doors wide open to all sorts of results. Great!

We all need to remember though the season is very young, with a loooooong way to go. Plenty of races to go, plenty of boost to be used by teams, so lets all sit back and watch what happens. Who knows, the usual status quo may return by seasons end....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I must say I'm enjoying this format less as Team Shadow are struggling SO much. With the way the boosts have worked in the first races, a lot of bad luck initially and the slight hiccup with how the performances were calculated for the first couple of races I find it very frustrating that I can't use strategy, as I have in previous seasons, to get us out of this situation. I must therefore consider this season a write-off.

That said, I'm glad the new rules WILL allow TSM to get back on top next season. We'll have more boost than the front runners and shall have a pretty much equal performance to them when the season starts. I believe we can use this to get back to being title contenders again. That's something I wouldn't have been able to say under the old system which required teams to be patient and build their performances gradually over long periods of time. Realistically, this IS only a game and so shouldn't require new guys to play for years before they get anywhere.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 11:22PM by brunoboi.
brunoboi Wrote:
>
. Realistically, this IS only a
> game and so shouldn't require new guys to play for
> years before they get anywhere.

Spot on. And i would have a guess that some potential team owners may have declined the offers due to that very fact of their brand new team being waaaay down the bottom of the performance scale. I can fully understand why a driver up in the top end of performance would NOT want to give that away to own a team. For me, getting out of a race seat was not ideal, "professionally" for me as a driver. But long term, as a team owner, these new rules we race under, make that transition a bit happier... I was however, prepared for Demon Racing to toil away for a few seasons, slowly building up a performace rating able to challenge for top 10's..

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
> brunoboi Wrote:
> >
> . Realistically, this IS only a
> > game and so shouldn't require new guys to play
> for
> > years before they get anywhere.
>
> Spot on. And i would have a guess that some
> potential team owners may have declined the offers
> due to that very fact of their brand new team
> being waaaay down the bottom of the performance
> scale. I can fully understand why a driver up in
> the top end of performance would NOT want to give
> that away to own a team. For me, getting out of a
> race seat was not ideal, "professionally" for me
> as a driver. But long term, as a team owner, these
> new rules we race under, make that transition a
> bit happier... I was however, prepared for Demon
> Racing to toil away for a few seasons, slowly
> building up a performace rating able to challenge
> for top 10's..

I must be one of the only ones that see this differently. I knew that my team would be at the back and for me, the fun was building that perf over time and trying to select the right drivers to take the team forward. It felt like you were managing your own little f1 team. When we got our first podium it felt good because I knew that I had picked the dirvers and that those drivers had worked for it, and used boosts had been used in the right place. I also knew that any future success would be as hard to get as that was.

I personally don't think the transition from racer to team owner needs to be smooth, being a team owner should bring with it a whole new set of challenges that take a while to get to grips with. I don't mind admitting that I really struggled to get to grips with the boost system in the first half of our first season, but like Tom said, once you knew your way around it, with a little luck you could have a strategy. I fear that is lost a little now with the almost complete randomness of it, maybe Im wrong. I hope so.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy