GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
whoops, seems I've started something :-p
totally agree with CaptainFranko, although

brunoboi Wrote:
>
. Realistically, this IS only a
> game and so shouldn't require new guys to play for
> years before they get anywhere.

this is true as well.
Greetings
Silverman
One corner taken wrong, and a 2nd DNF :( Hoping for an improvement in Canada... like actually finishing the race!

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Solid result.

(Sorry for quick reply, have been travelling without much wi-fi.

X (@ed24f1)
The only thing I don't like is the points system. Penalises a DNF massively and seeing as they're quite rare in the series it seems quite disproportional to me. Other than that, I can't complain too much!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only thing I don't like is the points system.
> Penalises a DNF massively and seeing as they're
> quite rare in the series it seems quite
> disproportional to me. Other than that, I can't
> complain too much!

You get the same points for a dnf in the new points system as you did the old, nothing! How does that penalise massively?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2013 02:17AM by Stoopid.
Stoopid Wrote:
> oensan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The only thing I don't like is the points
> system.
> > Penalises a DNF massively and seeing as they're
> > quite rare in the series it seems quite
> > disproportional to me. Other than that, I can't
> > complain too much!
>
>
> You get the same points for a dnf in the new
> points system as you did the old, nothing! How
> does that penalise massively?

I kinda understand Owen. I think he means that until last season, only 12 drivers scored, the rest didn't (regardless they'd finished or not). But now, the only single way to not score a point, is not finishing. If you are the only DNF, everyone scores but you, and you can lose a big bunch of positions in the standings.

However, I do agree with the new system. I mean, look at what F1 has done with the points system. And in NASCAR the points are pretty much the same, if you finish, you score. I mean, penalising a DNF is exactly what it is intended to do. Perhaps we should take a quick look on our failure rates but even so, the points system isn't unfair. In fact, it is in my opinion, along with the new qualy format, what has given this season so much thrill.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Previously, there'd always be 10 drivers who didn't score. Now it's only one or two, which if you're unlucky, could be you for a couple of weekends in a row.

Seriously, I can't think of a racing series where you get points for a dnf.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Hopefully my dear brother will have finished refurbing my old PC laptop today when I see him and so I should be able to run some races again in the near future.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> Hopefully my dear brother will have finished
> refurbing my old PC laptop today when I see him
> and so I should be able to run some races again in
> the near future.

I'm glad you said hopefully!

It's ancient!

You'll need to make sure there is enough coal in the boiler and steam in the pipes for it to even run GP4 let alone look at running a race ;)
oensan
I think the Stuarts have more concern with the English Civil War than some poxy collision in Japan!

GPGSL
GPGSL publishes video coverage material to Legge vs. Santilal incident

In a first statement, one member of the GPGSL has stated that there will be no further investigation in the incident since the GPGSL is not eager to become as picky as the F1 race stewards and penalize every single contact that is caused by pure racing. In his opinion the incident is unlucky and probably could have been avoided, like it was by many other drivers in similar situations, but is eventually marked as a racing accident. The member stresses, though, that this is only his personal opinion, that he is pretty sure though that it is in line with the other stewards.

Oh wow. This went way out of hand than I intended. I merely posted that as a poke and wasn't expecting anything this big. I promise to put a ;) next time round. Sorry for the confusion all :).
Ah it seems me heading to canada quickly means ive missed all the GPGSL gossip. Hopefully the midnight practice laps I've done the the snakemobile (the hatchback version ;)) will prove to be worth it ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Back from Japan and its sunshine days and what I found at home ?

Snowing all over the field. It is Russia-looking a little bit and we're not used of that here in Paris.
Hopefully it will help me in Montréal if we got the same weather.

Hey everyone.

I'd greatly appreciate all of you taking a look at this thread if you get the chance.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

I had to write a feature which focused on the ethics of journalism. My feature, which I have shared in the link above is about how qualified are sports journalists to report on sporting events that become highly politicised, like in the case of the Bahrain Grand Prix in 2012.

Any comments or feedback would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks

Dan

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
> brunoboi Wrote:
> >
> . Realistically, this IS only a
> > game and so shouldn't require new guys to play
> for
> > years before they get anywhere.

Wonder when I'll get to go somewhere that is not the bottom of the field =(

Personally I am not a huge fan of the randomness of the series this season, but then I am in a similar position to Tom in the sense that I've carefully built my team up over the last four years, so I don't want to just see that all washed away.

Fortunately it has worked out for us so far this season, but I'm sure I would be pretty pissed if we were bottom of the Constructors right now.

Still, the GPGSL rolls on, this July the league will actually be 5 years old, which is crazy.

It is nice to think that I have been here right from the beginning.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I don't wanna sound overly critical, especially when things have generally gone my way this season! but I have to agree I'm not so keen on how random the championship has become. Although I do approve of the one-shot quali, I don't think we needed all the changes. A bit like Pirellis coming in with DRS and KERS at the same time, maybe all the changes weren't needed to shake things up a little.

I think it's fair to say that we, as in the GPGSL and its participants, will no doubt re-visit the changes we have made with a view to some fine tuning for the next season.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Due to AMR spending quite a lot of money for Ed Greenhalgh's holiday to Germany and Luxembourg, I haven't gotten anytime on the factory simulator so I've had to resort to what AMR can afford.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2013 12:31AM by mclarenaustralia.
I agree with what CaptinFranko said, when I started my team as a team boss I understood that I would be at the back of the grid and I to was excited at the challenge of trying to build my team up.

The thing I am not a fan about is running right at the back every single race. Don't get me wrong, I know it is still a young team and I'm not expecting to be fighting for podiums but it would be nice to be able to fight for top 10's instead of being at the back time and time again.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy