GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Very nice coverage Greg but the race is a bit of a joke. We must have had almost half the field off at that same corner.

Is there anything that can be done encore the race is run?

I was also under the impression that we were running the pre-1995 track, with the original Tamburello.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
If I remember correctly, that's not the first time GPGSL had a race with lots of running off at that same corner. We should try to fix something, or ban this track for the following seasons.

EricMoinet Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I remember correctly, that's not the first time
> GPGSL had a race with lots of running off at that
> same corner. We should try to fix something, or
> ban this track for the following seasons.

nicely put Eric... I agree... I run off twice at the same corner... and 2nd time ending my race... something's wrong !!! :-(

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Congratulations Jo-Anne! That was a heck of a performance! Better be careful from now on, I'm sure it won't only be Rico who wants to sandwich -YOU- from now on ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Very nice coverage Greg but the race is a bit of a
> joke. We must have had almost half the field off
> at that same corner.
>
> Is there anything that can be done encore the race
> is run?
>
> I was also under the impression that we were
> running the pre-1995 track, with the original
> Tamburello.

Despite finishing 3rd, I must agree. The race was a joke. Did you not see there were too many mistakes occurring during any of your tests, Greg? And if we'd been using the correct circuit, maybe these wouldn't have happened. I feel sorry for everyone who's lost out due to this farce.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
What a FARKING joke that was!!! An absolutely great run from Seb today, which should have led to a podium, if not a win!!! Bad luck mate, but fantastic effort - your boss is happy with your drive, other than that one little brake lock up, which cost you dearly!
Not too bad by me, either....

As for the track itself, that 100% needs to be looked at/reviewed before the main race. I ran a GPGSL race there a season or two ago, and YES we had those same type of incidents at that same corner. But that appeared to be too many incidents in one short race. Not good enough. Perhaps testing other versions of the track need to be done!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Re: GPGSL S8 Round 12 -Imola - San Marino Grand Prix
Date: May 26, 2013 10:52PM
Posted by: GPGSL
Testers Feature Race Results

Re: GPGSL S8 Round 12 -Imola - San Marino Grand Prix
Date: May 26, 2013 11:12PM
Posted by: Wurz
Great job, Anne! (Y)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
oensan Wrote:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Very nice coverage Greg but the race is a bit of
> a
> > joke. We must have had almost half the field
> off
> > at that same corner.
> >
> > Is there anything that can be done encore the
> race
> > is run?
> >
> > I was also under the impression that we were
> > running the pre-1995 track, with the original
> > Tamburello.
>
>
> Despite finishing 3rd, I must agree. The race was
> a joke. Did you not see there were too many
> mistakes occurring during any of your tests, Greg?
> And if we'd been using the correct circuit, maybe
> these wouldn't have happened. I feel sorry for
> everyone who's lost out due to this farce.

To be honest, there wasn't many incidents at that corner during the test runs I had while waiting for the updated mods. At most there were only 2 or 3 cars that went off. And as for the correct version of imola, there's no mention of it in the S8 calender, and the loading screen shows the same track as the one that's being used. So I really don't know what can be done. If a solution can be found by this afternoon, that'll be great. That way I can run the full qualifying. And speaking of full qualifying, I always get the same cars coming out in the same order. Is there a way to make it different?

Start a new event rather than load the same saved game, Greg. That should give you different results every time.

And, to find a solution for the circuit, use the pre-95 Imola circuit as had been previously agreed :-)

Congratulations to Jo-Anne, lucky win! :-) Nice result for SCR as well, points in the bag.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Solid job by Josh getting inside the top ten. Bit gutted about my own trip through the gravel and in to the wall.

Is this the same track we'll be using for the feature race? Perhaps we should look into the dodgy kerb that's throwing so many people off the circuit

Jo-Anne... Who??? (@)
Sounds like a lot of things have changed since I visited this topic a month ago, lol ;)

> Start a new event rather than load the same saved
> game, Greg. That should give you different results
> every time.
>
> And, to find a solution for the circuit, use the
> pre-95 Imola circuit as had been previously agreed
> :-)

What I meant was the order of the cars as they head out to start their qualifying run. And I'm not sure if I can just use the pre '95 Imola track. Wouldn't I need approval from the board first?

Use the pre 95 Imola track please Greg. That will solve any run-off problems ok. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
EDIT: Well, this is kinda redundant now...

Horrible luck for Seb, he should have got a win here. Hopefully us at Demon have got the bad luck out of our system for now...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 12:52AM by Incident 2k9.
Traffic cost us a good result here

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Mullet345 Wrote:
> oensan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Start a new event rather than load the same
> saved
> > game, Greg. That should give you different
> results
> > every time.
> >
> > And, to find a solution for the circuit, use
> the
> > pre-95 Imola circuit as had been previously
> agreed
> > :-)
>
> What I meant was the order of the cars as they
> head out to start their qualifying run. And I'm
> not sure if I can just use the pre '95 Imola
> track. Wouldn't I need approval from the board
> first?

Oh, I see! Sorry, I misunderstood, ha ha!

Sorry guys, my mistake. When I compiled the calendar from the voting results that John posted, I was under the impression that we were to use the post 95 layout. I didn't realise that the 91 version had more votes. I will sort out the magic data for the 91 track for this seasons settings and send to Greg.

BTW Greg, the cars out order is set by gpxpatch. So you will always get the same order.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 01:28AM by Stoopid.
I will run Round 13 at Monza.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy