GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Hopefully a bad practise will mean that we can have a good qualifying and a great race :-)

I understand your concerns. And like Mal said before, the rules will be re-investigated after the season and everybody has the chance to raise concerns or make suggestions. But I think we should really give it all the chance to be seen over a whole season before the rule changes are damned.

As for your argument about the high-qualifying perf drivers, that isn't really supported by the latest qualifying results. Take Ed, as an example with the highest qualifying perf of all. He had one pole, true. But in the first race, he was at the dead end of the field, only I was worse because of the mistake ;) And despite his good qualifying perf, he was always behind me, except the one where he took pole. Instead people like Gilson or van Renselaar, whose qualifying perf isn't that hyper-good managed to have good qualifyings. I agree that this one-shot qualifying has more to do with luck than anything else. And I admit that I'm not the biggest fan of it, either. But I really think it deserves the chance to be watched over a whole season and not just a few races.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
@Chris, i think it might have to do with where you ended in the WCC last season.

Matteo once told me that a teamending a season on a certain position (7th i think) has a bad season afterwards, When my team ended on that certain position in S2 or S3 (man i'm getting old) we finished dead last in the standings the year after. And really DEAD last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Chris, i think it might have to do with where you
> ended in the WCC last season.
>
> Matteo once told me that a teamending a season on
> a certain position (7th i think) has a bad season
> afterwards, When my team ended on that certain
> position in S2 or S3 (man i'm getting old) we
> finished dead last in the standings the year
> after. And really DEAD last.

Can this be true? Surely somebody would have realised this by now. I know SCR had a similar situation a few seasons back. My main point was the fact that there is very little I can do as a teamboss to rectify the situation apart from now strategically plan to finish as low as possible in the Constructors Championship to get more boost points for next season, which seems somewhat counter-productive.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> Rico Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @Chris, i think it might have to do with where
> you
> > ended in the WCC last season.
> >
> > Matteo once told me that a teamending a season
> on
> > a certain position (7th i think) has a bad
> season
> > afterwards, When my team ended on that certain
> > position in S2 or S3 (man i'm getting old) we
> > finished dead last in the standings the year
> > after. And really DEAD last.
>
> Can this be true? Surely somebody would have
> realised this by now. I know SCR had a similar
> situation a few seasons back. My main point was
> the fact that there is very little I can do as a
> teamboss to rectify the situation apart from now
> strategically plan to finish as low as possible in
> the Constructors Championship to get more boost
> points for next season, which seems somewhat
> counter-productive.

when VSM finished last in S4 you had started from the 6th place Ricardo ;) From what I've seen only ScalaGP finished last in S7 after obtaining the 7th place in S6.

and christel in S8 is the 5th team while SCR is the 7th place. so, it isn't a "7th place bug" like I thought.

My GPGSL Career
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> Rico Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @Chris, i think it might have to do with where
> you
> > ended in the WCC last season.
> >
> > Matteo once told me that a teamending a season
> on
> > a certain position (7th i think) has a bad
> season
> > afterwards, When my team ended on that certain
> > position in S2 or S3 (man i'm getting old) we
> > finished dead last in the standings the year
> > after. And really DEAD last.
>
> Can this be true? Surely somebody would have
> realised this by now. I know SCR had a similar
> situation a few seasons back. My main point was
> the fact that there is very little I can do as a
> teamboss to rectify the situation apart from now
> strategically plan to finish as low as possible in
> the Constructors Championship to get more boost
> points for next season, which seems somewhat
> counter-productive.

Especially considering you've said the utilisation of these boosts is now not really worth as much as it used to :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!

In the top 10!

I lol'd... :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Hi all, tomorrow I will be on wintersports for 10 day's in Austria from the 1st till the 10th of february. So I might be a bit inactive, but knowing myself I will probable check the GPGSL when I have time/internet ;)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Right behind my former boss.
Pretty pleased with 8th in the Practice session which is another handful of useful points. My goal is to be in the top 10 of the Testers championship and this is looking to be achievable. Fantastic for the team to be on top in the session!

Now to quietly slip across the border and head to Vegas...
I don't think it;s necessary to comment on TSM

It has to be said that there have been a few surprises this season. The idea behind the rule changes was to close the gap between the front and back and also to prevent the front teams dominating towards the tail end of the season. I think with so many different race winners so far, there certainly has been a shake up of the grid, but my feeling is that is down to the one lap qualifying. I must admit to that being my idea and to be honest I'm not a big fan of it now. However lets see how the season pans out, we are only up to round 6 of 17 :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
quite a good result for mac in the fp. here's hoping for another good race

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Yeah, I don't like the one lap qualy system either. It seems to decide the entire weekend outcome one one singular lottery event, meaning long term team/driver progression and evolution is sort of prevented.

Tough compromise. The shakeup is very nice and refreshing, but its a little TOO random.

That said, a season of this, followed by a return to the previous system could work.

It goes back to a known method, and takes the shake-up order we craved with it.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Let's say that it is our F1-2009 season which was all shake up with new rules at that time. Let's see what will happen for the remainder of the season.

Looking forward to qualifying and the race, hope the team keeps up the good form we have had so far this season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 03:58PM by RAC5.
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> And I
> admit that I'm not the biggest fan of it, either.
> But I really think it deserves the chance to be
> watched over a whole season and not just a few
> races.

Yeah I agree, better to wait and see how it plays out.

X (@ed24f1)
GPGSL S8 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal

(Track by TTM & TTM, MarioB)

Qualifying - Part One

Welcome back to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve for the qualifying session for the Canadian Grand Prix. The track has been given the green light after a plague of groundhogs infested the circuit. Needless to say that many in the paddock and pits are sporting Davy Crockett hats.

First to set a time is Matteo Scala in the Minardi, but this time with a Motori Moderni engine in the back.

Next up is Monil Santilal, still subbed out to MAC Racing from MPR.

But he finishes over half a second down on Scala.

Aston Martin's Ed Greenhalgh will be hoping for a much improved performanve in qualifying today.
Thats not a bad start.

Still shading it by the 2nd intermediate.

But ends the lap with the 2nd fastest time. Did he make a mistake? And will he still be in 2nd by the end?

SCR's Joseph Gilson is next.

Takes 3rd place.

Jack Hunsley in the MPR.

Two tenths of the pace! That will be a little disappointing for Jack and his team.

John Maverick is so close in the first sector.

The Swiss is edging ahead by the 2nd time check.

But finishes in 3rd, only 2 hundredths behind pole sitter Scala.

Michael Pedersen is even closer to Scala's first sector benchmark.

But the Dane has slipped back by the time he reaches the hairpin.

Completes the lap in 4th.

Gary Spencer is just 4 thousandths down, but can he keep it up all through the lap.

Still 4 thousandths between Spencer and pole.

But Spencer loses out in the last sector to take 5th.

So, Scala still hangs on to the pole.
1 Scala, 2 Greenhalgh, 3 Maverick, 4 Pedersen, 5 Spencer, 6 Gilson, 7 Hunsley, 8 Santilal.

We will take a break there, stay tuned for part two of qualifying.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Wohooo... at least I will be 15th ;)

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy