GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
JohnMaverick écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great, now it isn't only two Johns anymore, but
> also two Chris and two Warringtons in the series.
> Guess we might extend the JW and JM to also CW^^
>
> Jokes aside, welcome to the series and hopefully a
> lot of fun for you.

you did forgot there are two Copeman too ;)

mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> Due to AMR spending quite a lot of money for Ed
> Greenhalgh's holiday to Germany and Luxembourg, I
> haven't gotten anytime on the factory simulator so
> I've had to resort to what AMR can afford.

Sorry for draining the budget... :( lol

X (@ed24f1)
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Well the idea would be to recreate our season 1
> livery to commemorate the 5th anniversary of the
> GPGSL.
>
> Problem is, you're livery is already based on the
> one you had in season 1.
>
> It'd be a chance for TSM to get painted blue
> again!

I've only just got rid of the blue lol :-P technically Team Shadow have been around for all of the GPG Racing series so I reckon we're celebrating more than our fifth anniversary!

mortal Wrote:
> I think it's fair to say that we, as in the GPGSL
> and its participants, will no doubt re-visit the
> changes we have made with a view to some fine
> tuning for the next season.

I hope this revisit shan't include a complete reset. I think there is always a danger if reacting too quickly when people express concerns. I think, to an extent, that happened with the latest set of rule changes. Now they're in place though, we should atleast see how the entire season pans out before considering more changes

Seeing as we're off to Canada, here's an info-graphic all about the place...apparently. :-)
looky here

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
No worries Tom, yeah that is true, you're team is probably well on the way to being 10 years old.

I can understand that, I bet you miss the blue a bit though? ;)

It is only an idea anyway, I'd need to find someone who could repaint out old livery.

I'm with Tom on this one, as random as the rules have made the racing now, I would be completely against a complete reset.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I don't think anyone was looking for a complete reset of the rules, just possibly a small tweak to find a halfway house between this season and last. Maybe, like in F1 2012, things will settle down after a while anyway...

The infographic says Father Christmas has a summer house in Canada. Didn't know that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Wrote:
> I don't think anyone was looking for a complete
> reset of the rules, just possibly a small tweak to
> find a halfway house between this season and last.
> Maybe, like in F1 2012, things will settle down
> after a while anyway...

The new rules lean towards this happening, performances are extremely close at the start of the season and so races shall be random, as people score points they shall carry advantages through the season and become more spread. The only opponent to this shall be the use of boosts.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> No worries Tom, yeah that is true, you're team is
> probably well on the way to being 10 years old.
>
> I can understand that, I bet you miss the blue a
> bit though? ;)
>
> It is only an idea anyway, I'd need to find
> someone who could repaint out old livery.
>
> I'm with Tom on this one, as random as the rules
> have made the racing now, I would be completely
> against a complete reset.

I took over two respective teams in W300 and WGP rebranding them 'Team Shadow Subaru' in 2006 :-)

Haha, the blue was always forced on me a little bit. When I took over the WGP team it was a Subaru works team and I wasn't allowed to change much. It does remind me of some good times but I'm happy leaving it as it is.

I definitely like to be nostalgic every so often though!!

mortal schrieb:
> Seeing as we're off to Canada, here's an
> info-graphic all about the place...apparently.
> :-)
> looky here

LOL ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Canada was a great event for Christel VXR last year. Lets hope the same things happens this year.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Activity Check

Gentles and ladymen...is this thing on? *ahem*...it's time for the activity check.

And...there were NO people that failed the activity check. Nobody. Well done everyone, you may return to your teams now.

Next check is the 5th February, 2013. I hope to see you all there! Good night!

Hooray, we're all safe!

Yes indeed.

The second time in a row...I start to get scared about this! ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Thats a relief! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
That's good, let's hope for 3 in a row!

X (@ed24f1)
What's the record?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
new record: no warning for anyone in the season?

Although I don't think, it'll work.
Of course from the activity check giving the last warning onwards, not from the beginning of the season :-p
Scuderia Minardi press release

Today the VanSmirren Motorsports Group is proud to announce a partnership with the Mitsubishi Group.

After months of negotiations Mitsubishi chose to take VSM as their partner for the introduction of their engines in the GPGSL.
Although Mitsubishi Motors has little experience in formula racing series they see the GPGSL as an excellent chance to show theire product and spread their wings on the consumers market.

On a freshly signed 3-year deal the Scuderia Minardi team will first test the new engines on the fridays of GPGSL race weekends in order to make them reliable and competetive.
If all goes well Season 9 will be the racedebut for the new VSM-Mitsubishi where VSM Technologies is already working on.

Ricardo van Smirren said the following: "We are proud with this new partnership that will not only benefit us on the Horsepower side of the sport. The Mitsubishi Group will take over the costs of running the team for S9 and S10. This is able because they can have theire own companies as sponsors on the car. Not only will Mitsubishi sell more cars with this deal they can, for a relatively small price showcase as many of theire own products and companies as they want. Nikon for example will be one of the sponsors on the car next season."

Here are some pictures of the new testcar that will make its debut on the South American GP. (Take an good look at the sponsor on the rearwing, it starts with a J. YH, thats right!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy