GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL S8 South Australian Grand Prix, Adelaide.

(Track by F1Virtual)

Race Day Part Two

Welcome back. You rejoin us with 25 laps to go.

Elleker is getting some rough treatment out there. This time its Johnson.

Elleker survives this time though.

Cartwright has begun to pull away from Edwards.

He is slowly drifting away from the leader though.

Hunsley is close behind Horváth, but he has Kederer looming large in his mirrors.

Elleker still has Johnson chasing him hard.

The gap between 1st and 2nd has grown to 2 seconds.

Davies has lost a big chunk of time to Somogyi in the first sector. In the background, Kederer has passed Hunsley.

Cartwright loses more time to Greenhalgh. It will be interesting to see who comes in the pits first.

Legge locks up, flat spotting his tyres.

As Jalving looks to take advantage, 3rd placed Edwards is first to pit.

Edwards rejoins the fray in 12 position.

Greidanus out of the race!

Lets have a look at a replay!

As Greidanus' car is push away, a light drizzle begins to fall.

The first two carry on for another lap.

Cartwright has even pulled back a bit of time.

Legge is some way off in 3rd.

Edwards now up to 8th.

Cartwright heads down the pitlane.

Greenhalgh is already there.

Greenhalgh rejoins in 2nd, just ahead of team mate Maverick.

Cartwright in 4th.

Edwards has now been promoted to 6th.

Connor Steer leads the GP.

Maverick in 3rd and yet to pit. Has he got enough fuel to stay out and help Greenhalgh by holding up Cartwright.

No, Maverick has to pit now.

15 laps to go.

Warrington 9th.

Steer 5th, Legge 6th, Jalving 7th and Gilson 8th.

Greenhalgh completes another lap.

Time for another break, stay tuned for part three.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 11:37PM by GPGTV.org/farked.

(Track by F1Virtual)

Race Day Part Three

Edwards is losing a lot of time to Cartwright.

And Cartwright is losing out to Greenhalgh as the gap between them is now three seconds.

Gilson attempts a move on Jalving.

But thinks better of it.

He tries again.

But just like Monaco, there doesn't seem to be an easy place to overtake here.

Gilson isn't about to give up though.

Warrington and Maverick close up too.

10 lap to go and despite the rain, everyone is staying on slick tyres.

Jalving takes a defensive line to protect his position.

Gilson looks to the inside, will Jalving hold him off again?

He does yes! It's quite close between these four drivers.

Greenhalgh ticks off the laps one by one.

Edwards is looking increasingly lonely out there in 3rd.

Gilson just can't find a way past Jalving, will he resort to bumping into the Dutchman?

Cartwright looks like he is beginning to chip away at Greenhalgh's lead.

7 laps left to take that place.

It may be too little too late or Greenhalgh is managing the gap.

5 laps to go.

It looks like the battle for 7th has settled down for now.

Warrington nearly throws it all away.

Maverick isn't close enough to capitalise on Warrington's mistake.

It looks like Greenhalgh is pulling away from Cartwright again.

Legge in a quiet 6th place.

Steer in 5th.

Last lap.

Greenhalgh wins the South Australian Grand Prix.

Ross Cartwright finishes in 2nd place.

Owen Edwards follows up his 2nd place in Melbourne with 3rd here in Adelaide.

Congratulations to Ed Greenhalgh and Aston Martin Racing, winners of the South Australian Grand Prix.

Stay tuned for the official results.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Official Race Results.

Well 8th place is pretty good, I just think I could've ended higher up the field if I wasn't stuck behind that blasted MPR ;)

The car seems good so far with Ross finishing 2nd, and me gaining five places at the start. I hope this pace lasts through the season :-).

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
That was incredibly disappointing...
Sorry boss!

Could have had 4th, but I won't be too downbeat. 6th is a good result for me, and I'm pleased my Australian hoodoo hasn't carried over into this race.

I'm pleased for Zsigmond as well; he made up a good number of places on his starting position and hence has picked up a valuable result.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Finally got to read the Over The Limit magazine, and it is a great read. As for people not coming to watch the race, are they crazy? Anyways, everyone here at Christel VXR are quite disappointed to see the cars finish 13th and 18th. I don't know why terrible results are coming through when I seem to be doing well in the tester's sessions.

Well done to the Demon Racing drivers!!! Our first ever points in GPGSL, and some fantastic performances from both Jake and Zsigmond!! Special bonuses in your pay this week as reward! (H)
Zsigimond showed great guts and determination, racing his way up the field despite no doubt feeling some pain and soreness from his huge accident back in Melbourne. And Jake has got the great finishing result his qualifying deserved!

Now, as team boss, I am ORDERING my two drivers onto the Demon Racing corporate jet, as we head north to far north Australia for some warm rest and relaxation before Singapore.....hot

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Maverick not too delighted with his 10th place

"It was a tough race for me, but first of all congratulations to my teammate Ed and his well-deserved win. He was THE ONE at this weekend and has shown that the car has potential for wins. For me, though, this is the only positive outcome of the weekend. My second to last fastest lap does not fully reflect the potential of the car, since I was always in the traffic when I had fresh tyres. But still, the car didn't feel right. Overtaking is difficult here, we knew that and hence didn't expect to drive from 11th to a podium. But yet we hoped for a tad bit more than this. I really need to work on this one-lap qualifying in the simulator, especially since now we're on the way to Singapore, where overtaking will be pretty much impossible. So a good qualifying position will be essential! But it's like always. I sit in a completely new car and need some time to get used to it. We have only run 2 races until now, nothing is lost, yet."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Great 4th place for me, I like the decision I made to go back racing :-)

I do wonder what happened to Carlos though, he was around 10th place just after the pitstops and then he was in 21st place all of a sudden..

9th with a boost. Not good enough

Can anyone tell me how I ended up back there?? Total dissapointment. At least Stefan got that awesome 4th place for the team.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Glad to see my team on top.
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone tell me how I ended up back there??
> Total dissapointment. At least Stefan got that
> awesome 4th place for the team.

I have no idea Carlos. I will re-run the race and see if it repeats what happened to you.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Worst race ever.

So frustrating to know we have the pace to race at the front but the situation prevents it. Ill leave Oz looking for a fresh start.

I got an exact repeat of the race :) Carlos, you was running in 11th place behind Maverick when the pitstops began. You was one of the last to make a stop, which went without a problem and you re-emerged in 11th behind Maverick, so no change there. On your out lap however, you developed a throttle problem and had to pit again to get it fixed.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Not a great race from MPR. I qualified in 6th position, but I just didnt have the racepace! I had to defend most of the race, this was very frusterating. a 7th place was the max today, still some good points! We have a lot to work on and im looking forward to the next race..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
A very decent result for Connor! 5th is a good spot to be building on, but we are not there yet! Despite Gary having quite some speed he was trapped to be in last place on this street circuit.
We are looking forward to score a double top 10 in the next race!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Very disappointing result, the pace for a top 3 finish was definitely there, but as I screwed up quali, this was impossible to achieve.

@Stu:
once again a great coverage (Y)
Also I could do the track gpi's if you still need someone to do them :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
JackHammer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was incredibly disappointing...
> Sorry boss!

+1 :( despite making up a few places in the race....had hoped for so much more..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy