F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
Renault F1 Team
Disappointing.
Toro Rosso
Seems like everyone is a bit downbeat at the results of qualifying. Based on our performance in practice and qualifying I think we're in for a challenging race on Sunday. Fingers crossed we can sneak into the points if others have some bad fortune.
2006 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix - Race

Hello and welcome to the Turkish GP at Istanbul Park, for the 14th round of the 2006 Formula 1 Season. In yesterday's qualifying it was Timo Glock who could take pole position for the first time in his career, with Cristiano da Matta joining him in the front row. The drivers have returned from the formation lap and are lining up the grid.

The five red lights are on

Glock keeps the lead in turn 1

Raikkonen with a good start is able to pass Verstappen

Everyone got safely through the first corner

Massa has a first look at Ralf Schumacher, but he can't find a way past

At the back end of the field Frentzen has passed Alonso

Davidson pulls out of the slipstream of Paffett's Super Aguri

And he gets past his countryman

Coulthard has spun in turn12

Now Webber does, too!

No damage to the cars, but they've held up the drivers behind them

Massa tries again, but he has to stick back

Heidfeld takes 13th from Kubica

Paffett wants to get back the place he lost a bit earlier, but he can't make it

Button has gone off at turn 8!

He returns to the track without paying attention, and Lotterer has no chance to avoid the collision

Button loses his left front wheel, and Lotterer has to pit for a new front wing

It seems that da Matta and Raikkonen could go faster without Glock in front of them

Kubica now back in 13th

Paffett has dropped back two places to 11th

And now he pulls off the track! According to the team radio his suspension has broken

da Matta tries to go for the lead

But Glock manages to hold him back

Massa finally found a way past Schumacher

Kubica has spun! He has bumped into Montagny under braking for turn 9

The standings after 8 laps

Leinders passes Schumacher in turn 9

The next one has spun in turn 9. This time it's Heidfeld, after bumping into his teammate

Now Leinders tries to pass Massa

But he was a bit too optimistic and they make contact

Schumacher profits and retakes 6th from Leinders

Raikkonen's bad luck continues as he retires with a puncture in lap 10

Leinders with an early stop due to electrical problems

Webber too late on the brakes, he bumps into Davidson and spins

As his teammate some laps earlier, now Alonso runs wide in turn 8

He too doesn't pay attention when returning to the track, and Heidfeld crash into him

Both cars out of the race. I hope the drivers are all right, that was a heavy impact.

da Matta with another attempt to pass Glock

This time he takes the lead

Coulthard comes in for his first stop

The next turn 9 incident, now Davidson hits Schumacher. No spin, but they both lose time

Kubica takes 9th from Rosberg

And Davidson now manages to overtake Schumacher

Kubica in the pits

Coulthard makes use of his new set of tyres and passes Leinders

Frentzen now too with his first stop

da Matta pits from 2nd, followed by Massa

One lap later Glock comes in

as does Webber

Verstappen is the next one in

Kubica has spun again

The replay shows that he has bumped into Leinders

Much action now in the pits, Davidson, Schumacher, Montagny, Montoya and Rosberg all come in in the same lap

Schumacher rejoins just in front of Leinders

And Kubica takes this opportunity to pass the Honda driver

Some corners later he is also past Schumacher

The standings with everyone except Ralf Schumacher and Villeneuve having done their first stops

Kubica now in 8th after passing the other Honda of Davidson

Double lead for Toyota, with Schumacher in front of da Matta

Coulthard tries to get past Villeneuve

But the Canadian shuts the door, what puts Kubica and Davidson right behind the Scot

Three wide now on the way to turn 12

Davidson has chosen the best line and passes both Kubica and Coulthard

And Kubica makes it even worse for Coulthard as he gets past, too

da Matta tries to retake the lead, but he misses the braking point and bumps into his teammate

He spins, and is very lucky to keep second here

Davidson does it better than Coulthard one lap earlier as he passes Villeneuve in turn 9

Glock now past da Matta, thanks to the spin of the latter some seconds earlier

Someone is in trouble here

It's Davidson! His engine has blown up and forces him to retire

Villeneuve loses 6th to Kubica. He's really struggling now on his old tyres

He pits the same lap, as do Kubica and Coulthard

Kubica back out in 14th, and Coulthard has passed Villeneuve in the pits

Schumacher heads to the pits now for his sole stop this afternoon

Lotterer also in for his first scheduled stop

This puts Glock back in the lead of the race

Leinders tries to pass Schumacher, but he misses the braking point and bumps into the Toyota driver

And sends them both in a spin

Kubica uses this situation to pass them both

The standings with 24 laps to go

Coulthard now joins the group of failed turn 9 overtaking attempts, as he bumps into Leinders and spins

The Belgian comes in one lap later for his final stop

Kubica and Webber go out of turn 9 side by side

The McLaren has more power and out-accelarates the Red Bull

Coulthard is off the track, and retires with electrical problems

Glock and Verstappen come in for their final stops

Once again Kubica is involved in a turn 9 incident, now he bumps into Frentzen

Kubica spins as a result

and Ralf Schumacher crashes into him!

The Toyota is out of the race, and loses a possible podium. Kubica has to pit for a new front wing

Schumacher pits from 3rd, while the McLaren crew waits for Kubica

Montoya comes in one lap later for his final stop

Another lap later Massa and da Matta come in

as does Rosberg

And da Matta comes out behind Glock

whereas Massa was able to get past his teammate

Montagny comes to the pits

Frentzen and Webber follow him some seconds later

da Matta and Glock now side by side

and da Matta takes the lead again

Two laps later Massa tries to pass the German at the same place, but he brakes too late and hits him

Luckily for Massa he doesn't spin, but he loses some seconds

Montoya has problems with his car and has to pit again. This drops him out of the points

Kubica takes 12th from Leinders

Massa now side by side with Glock

And this time he gets past

6 drivers fighting for the last point, at the moment Villeneuve has it

no longer as Frentzen takes it

Montoya tries to follow Frentzen, but this is a very optimistic manoeuvre

too optimistic, he spins

Webber bumps into him, and puts him back in the correct direction

Kubica once more as he hits Leinders under braking for turn 1

The Most Spins Award for this race goes to him

Congratulations to da Matta for winning the Turkish GP

Massa takes second and keeps his championship hopes alive

Timo Glock completes the podium

Thanks everyone for watching, full results will follow very soon
Re: F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Turkish GP - Race - PG31
Date: September 04, 2013 07:39PM
Posted by: F1_Manager

DOTD: Timo Glock for taking his third podium this season, and almost his first career win

Red Bull

Mark will have to listen to our scolding after this race! Imagine what would have been possible for him without this stupid accident...once again! At least Nico showed a great driving to grab 6th. It seems our drivers always go best when we announce their replacement! That sucks! Maybe we should think about a replacement of Mark, if he doesn't show a constant race very soon!

But please, what was that with Kubica? Driving aggressively is one thing. And bumping into somebody once...okay, that can happen. But after a while I stopped counting! McLaren should really talk to their guy there...

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: September 04, 2013 08:07PM
Posted by: kedy89
McLaren

Kimi did great until he was once again let down by the car, which could cost him the title if it goes on like that. Robert's performance was disastrous, we've warned him that he can't go on like that before this GP, but apparently he didn't pay attention. Thus Ryan will replace him in the next GP.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Date: September 04, 2013 08:09PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Midland

Great job by Frentzen, Lotterer was unfortunate to be the victim of that ridiculous piece of driving by Button who obviously didn't check his mirrors and didn't even know Andre was there.
Toro Rosso
Some pretty poor driving out there - glad to see team managers taking the strong decisions and reprimanding (or even replacing) drivers who caused collisions.
We are giving Heidfeld a reprimand, and he is on notice that any more incidents and he will be taking a holiday!
Well done to Franck for avoiding the carnage (and being driven into by Nick) and grabbing a couple of points, allowing us to close on the 3 teams ahead of us. It's really close in the midfield for the constructors championship - we still have a good chance of grabbing 4th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 08:21PM by ginnerchris.
Toyota

Cristiano once again drove a super race to collect his 2nd win in 3 races,also his 4th podium in 5 races..He is driving superbly just now and we hope it can continue..

Although all is not well in the Toyota camp as Ralf was asked to let Cristiano past and didnt,nearly costing him the win..therefore Ralf will be replaced by Jarno Trulli for the next race...

Another strong weekend by Cristiano helps us extend our gap in 3rd place in the Constructors and also for him to be a strong 3rd in the Drivers Championship..

Roll on Monza:)
Re: F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Turkish GP - Qualifying - PG30
Date: September 04, 2013 10:39PM
Posted by: Pluis
Super Aguri

Great race from Glock, it seems our second car has a problem period! Hope we can fix it before the next race.
All of the drivers available on page one are STILL available, because nobody actually signed anyone.

At this rate, Alx Danielsson will never win the title...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 11:03PM by Incident 2k9.
Renault F1 Team
First DNFs since Imola.
Date: September 05, 2013 04:43PM
Posted by: senna9194
Williams F1

"Good recover from the guys, such a shame for Jacques that failed to reach the 8th place"

My GPGSL Career
Honda

For the next Grand Prix, Bas and Adrian will swap their roles.

We need to improve our reliability, for the past few races our cars can't even last 50% of the distance.
Date: September 06, 2013 10:27PM
Posted by: F1_Manager
Activity Check for Round 14 - Turkish GP

The activity window for the Turkish GP – September 2nd – September 6th - has now closed.

I can confirm that one manager was inactive during this period:

Vomit - BMW Sauber - 2nd Warning

As this is Vomit's 2nd warning, BMW Sauber will be deducted a further 15 Constructor's Championship points and receives a £5m fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, it's been a while since there's been an update on the proposed rule changes for next season, so here is where we are at the moment.

In addition to the first set of approved changes, which I won't list again as you can see them on page 13, both the ability to terminate contracts and the loyalty system will be included as well.

The ability to terminate contracts is available to managers right now and for a clear explanation as to how this system works, see Maikel's wonderful explanation below:

A driver for 2 (or 3) years is cheaper, hence the long contract. I you want to release the driver after 1 year you should pay the fee he would normally receive for a 1 year contract (or 2 if you terminate it before going into the 3rd season).

Driver X
1 year contract: $15.000.000,00
2 year contract: $25.000.000,00
3 year contract: $30.000.000,00

The fee for the driver by a 3 year deal is $10m a season. So after 1 season you've paid $10m, in order to release him you must pay a total of $15m (1 year contract fee) so there is a remainder of $5m to pay in order to break contract.

In addition to this, any new manager who inherits a team will receive a one time 50% discount if they choose to cancel any of their current drivers contracts.

The Loyalty system on the otherhand is still being worked on as I'm still testing out different percentages and such to find a good mix so more info will come towards the end of the season. However, I can confirm there will be caps on the maximum percentage boosts to prevent things getting out of control.

On separate note, there will be one quite major background change for 2007 as the current perf system, which currently awards perf points for scoring points, podiums, victories, poles and fastest laps, will be scrapped as I'm beginning to find it unnecessarily over-complicated. Instead, this system will be used from 2007 onwards:

B) Driver Performances

- Performance points are awarded to the top 15 finishers in all three sessions during a race weekend.

1st / 15pts
2nd / 14pts
3rd / 13pts
4th / 12pts
5th / 11pts
6th / 10pts
7th / 9pts
8th / 8pts
9th / 7pts
10th / 6pts
11th / 5pts
12th / 4pts
13th / 3pts
14th / 2pts
15th / 1pt

- All performance points earned in qualifying will go into the driver’s qualifying performance, whilst all performance points earned in the race will go into the driver’s race performance. Additionally, performance points earned in Free Practice are split with half of the points being added to the driver’s qualifying performance, and the other being added to the driver’s race performance.

- 5 Performance points are deducted if a driver is not classified in a race.

- At the end of each season, the amount of performance points each driver has earned during the season is divided by 10

- Drivers who continue to take part in Formula One past their IRL retirement date will gain performance points at half the rate of regular drivers and lose twice the amount of performance points at the end of each season.

Also, I have one more idea in mind for 2007 which I promise will be the last change I propose this season ;) This time, it is concerning team takeovers.

At the moment, accepting takeover offers is a no-brainer as it is essentially free money and to be honest I find this a bit boring. So I'd like to propose these two changes:

1 - Any new entry to the grid will start with the minimum team perf of 570BHP, regardless of where the team they took over finished in the WCC in the previous season.

2 - When accepting a takeover bid, I'd like to introduce a three tiered reward system. For example, using Marussia's take over of Virgin prior to 2012 as an example the system would work as follows:

Tier 1 - Name changed to Marussia F1 Racing - Manager recieves £1m
Tier 2 - As Marussia is a Russian company, the team must employ at least one Russian driver who competes as the teams test driver at at least 10GPs - +£3m
Tier 3 - Must employ at least one Russian driver who competes as a race driver at at least 10GPs - +£6m

My hope with these changes is that it will make accepting team takeovers a more difficult decision and therefore shake things up a bit :)

ricktworick1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honda
>
> For the next Grand Prix, Bas and Adrian will swap
> their roles.
>
> We need to improve our reliability, for the past
> few races our cars can't even last 50% of the
> distance.

Duly noted. However, I'm afraid I've already run free practice so the change will take place from quali onwards.
I'm not really a fan of the suggested new takeover rules. I just noticed what a struggle it is to take over a team and form it to your taste without losing too much money with it, especially when the former team owner made long-term decisions already. IMO, what you suggest is just another restriction. Why should a team lose all its knowledge ((bhp)) from last season only because it was taken over by another owner? The key elements (driver, engineers, designers, etc...) stay all the same. And on the other hand, why should they only get money for a driver of the country where the current owner is from? What about RB, for example, who would have needed to sign an Austrian driver then? Not sure if there is even an Austrian driver available right now.
I really like the other changes, but this takeover suggestion doesn't sound suitable to this series.

Date: September 06, 2013 11:32PM
Posted by: kedy89
I think he doesn't mean a takeover by another owner (=new manager), but real-life takeovers, such as Jordan -> Midland, Benetton -> Renault etc.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Date: September 06, 2013 11:35PM
Posted by: Twigster151
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not really a fan of the suggested new takeover
> rules. I just noticed what a struggle it is to
> take over a team and form it to your taste without
> losing too much money with it, especially when the
> former team owner made long-term decisions
> already. IMO, what you suggest is just another
> restriction. Why should a team lose all its
> knowledge ((bhp)) from last season only because it
> was taken over by another owner? The key elements
> (driver, engineers, designers, etc...) stay all
> the same. And on the other hand, why should they
> only get money for a driver of the country where
> the current owner is from? What about RB, for
> example, who would have needed to sign an Austrian
> driver then? Not sure if there is even an Austrian
> driver available right now.
> I really like the other changes, but this takeover
> suggestion doesn't sound suitable to this series.

I think you've misunderstood what I mean here John.

When I say 'takeover offers' I'm not referring to when a team gets a new manager, but to situations such as Midland's takeover of Jordan or BMW's takeover of Sauber when, in real life, another manufacturer takes over one of the existing teams on the grid.

And the tier requirements are simply just there to help explain the example so they're by no means final.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Oh, my bad then. Really misunderstood that. Ignore my post ;)

Date: September 07, 2013 07:20AM
Posted by: ginnerchris
Re perf points
Like the simplification, but a bit concerned about the dnf rules. Surely a mechanical dnf should count against the team perf whereas a crash should count against the driver. I think there should still be an extra point or 2 for fastest lap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy