F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
Re: F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Turkish GP - Race - PG31
Date: September 07, 2013 11:19AM
Posted by: kedy89
With IRL retirement of drivers, do you mean stopped racing completely like MSC after 2006, or just stopped racing in F1 like Montoya?

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Date: September 09, 2013 12:17AM
Posted by: Twigster151
ginnerchris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Re perf points
> Like the simplification, but a bit concerned about
> the dnf rules. Surely a mechanical dnf should
> count against the team perf whereas a crash should
> count against the driver. I think there should
> still be an extra point or 2 for fastest lap.

The problem with this is that the BHP value is used for both drivers, so if one driver is retires with a mechanical failure and the other drivers finishes race, he'd be punished as well. On the subject of fastest lap, it would be no problem to have a couple of extra points for that.

kedy89 Wrote:
> With IRL retirement of drivers, do you mean
> stopped racing completely like MSC after 2006, or
> just stopped racing in F1 like Montoya?

I personally was referring to when a driver retire from F1, but we could always alter this so that if they went on to compete in single seaters/Le Mans/etc, then their perf is unaffected.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: September 09, 2013 11:29AM
Posted by: kedy89
Twigster151 schrieb:
> kedy89 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > With IRL retirement of drivers, do you mean
> > stopped racing completely like MSC after 2006,
> or
> > just stopped racing in F1 like Montoya?
>
> I personally was referring to when a driver retire
> from F1, but we could always alter this so that if
> they went on to compete in single seaters/Le
> Mans/etc, then their perf is unaffected.

I think it would be better this way.

Some F1 CSM mods
Date: September 09, 2013 01:47PM
Posted by: Vomit
F#%#!

I have to work something out to be more active. I completely forgot the existence of this site and series. I've been working like mad lately and travelled across the country allmost daily. But I'll try to remember from now on.
2006 Gran Premio Vodafone d'Italia - Free Practice

As the end of the season draws near the F1 circus arrived in Monza for the final race of the European season. Whilst the surprise absence of current championship leader Robert Kubica, who will sit out this race following his recent escapades, meaning that the drivers championship is still far from over, Ferrari must win this race and hope McLaren fail to score if they are to hold onto their dwindling hopes of taking the constructors crown and avoid finishing runners up for the third year on the trot. However, it was the Toyota of Cristiano Da Matta who lead the way in free practice finishing just ahead of McLaren rebel Kubica and F1 debutant Adrian Sutil in the Honda. Further down the grid, Massa was the first of the two Ferrari's in 9th, the recently demoted Nico Rosberg finished 12th, a tenth behind the returning Sebastian Vettel in 8th whilst Pedro de la Rosa propped up the field in 22nd.

Red Bull

Not a bad practice again. Hopefully we can transform it into a good qualifying and especially finally a good race again!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Super Aguri

And we're at our normal form, to describe it with one word: crap!
Honda

Finally a superb practice session from both of our drivers.
Midland

Our pace has disappeared. Poof. Gone. Bye bye.

Where did it go?
We need a good race result to make up the lost points due my penalty
Not really good, not at home. Hope to improve soon!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
2006 Gran Premio Vodafone d'Italia - Qualifying

Q1

The first part of Saturday's qualifying session got underway with a fairly regulation Q1 session with Heinz-Harald Frentzen propping up the field and Jacques Villeneuve dropping out of the session in 20th whilst his team mate comfortably made it into the second part of qualifying. However, this is not to say that the session was totally devoid of any dramas with Ryan Briscoe, in his first full outing in Formula 1 after testing since 2004, spinning on the exit of the Parabolica early in the session, Andre Lotterer made it late to escape the cut, moving up from 17th to 8th on his final lap, comdemning both Renaults to the drop in the process, whilst a suspension failure for Coulthard meant that even though he made it into Q2, he would not be able to take part. Overall, we lost Frentzen in 22nd, Paffett in 21st, Villeneuve in 20th, Glock in 19th, Alonso in 18th and Button in 17th.

Q2

With Coulthard already out of the running this left just 5 spaces to fill before moving onto the shootout for Pole. Whilst the session was certainly not as action packed as Q1 there was disappointment for the Tifosi as Jos Verstappen became the first Ferrari to fall by the way side whilst former Ferrari favourite, Michael Schumacher, could only manage 15th. In addition to Schumi and Verstappen, we also lost Lotterer in 14th, Vettel in 13th and Montoya in 11th. This left us with the both Hondas, both McLarens, both Toyotas and both Toro Rossos along with Felipe Massa and Mark Webber all with a shot at pole position.

Q3

With championship rival Robert Kubica being forced to sit on the sidelines this weekend this seemed the perfect opportunity for Kimi Raikkonen to close the gap to his team mate. However, despite holding provisional pole for most of the session Kimi was unable to better his original time and had to watch as first Ryan Briscoe, then Cristiano Da Matta and then finally, and quite incredibly, Adrian Sutil better his time with the Honda debutant becoming only the sixth driver in history to take pole position on his F1 debut. The rest of the top ten will line up with Webber in 10th, F1 returnee Trulli in 9th, Heidfeld in 8th, Montagny in 7th, Davidson in 6th and Massa in 4th.

Honda
What an amazing result! We didn't expect a Pole on Adrian's debut, that's quite incredible!
Midland

Andre's in a decent position, but not high enough to get good points.

Frentzen, ugh.
Toro Rosso
Wow, what a tight session. Should be in for a good result tomorrow providing everyone behaves themselves and we have done good pace, strategy and reliability.
Ferrari

Not satisfied, we've let the tifosi down on saturday, we can only try to improve on race day!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Red Bull

We really need to work on our qualifying performance. I know we still shouldn't complain, given where the team was a few weeks back and where it is now. But in order to finish this season in the midfield, we will have to gather some more points and this is difficult if you don't even qualify within the points. Hopefully the race will suit as better. The race pace wasn't all that bad.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Re: F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Italian GP - Qualifying - PG32
Date: September 11, 2013 09:58AM
Posted by: Pluis
Super Aguri

I..... don't have words...
Toyota

Strong second again from Cristiano pleased for him..and wel chuffed for Jarno on making q3 in his first race for the team..

Look forward to the race..:)
McLaren

Strong qualifying for us. Impressive performance by Ryan to get 3rd and outqualify Kimi, after his spin early in Q1.

Some F1 CSM mods
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy