F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
Tbh it seems like it's an obvious track defect and for that reason I'd suggest that the Ferrari of Felipe Massa and the Red Bull of Nico Rosberg be reinstated.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
McLaren

Kimi showed a fantasitc speed today, but once again he was let down by the car. We have to solve this reliability issue as quick as possible. Robert has to show more patience when overtaking other drivers. This wasn't the first time this season that he wasn't able to perform a clean overtaking manoeuvre, and if he continues like that Ryan might get his chance, even if Robert is leading the championship.

Regarding the running out of fuel, this can easily be avoided by controlling the fuel consumption during free practice. If it isn't about 1.0 per lap, it has to be changed in the md for quali & race.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Super Aguri

Again a weekend to forget
Toyota

Great drive again from Cristiano to make the podium all be it a little lucky with Massa's fuel problems but we will take it!

A radio communication problem wrecked Ralf's race when calling both drivers in on the same lap,when he was running well,So a little disappointing on that front

With Cristiano now 4th in the championship we hope he can keep this run going in the remaining races :)
Wohoo! Absolutely fantastic work from Coulthard! Today we will celebrate. Bring out the backpipes
I'll do the driver things later on...I've been pretty busy of late so haven't had the chance to check everything through and what-not.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Williams F1

"It's unlikely to recover this season. We'll comeback in 2007."

My GPGSL Career
NEGOTIATIONS NEWS

Pedro's got a rosy future

Current Renault tester Pedro de la Rosa will join BMW as a test driver from 2007. The Spaniard signed a two year deal, worth approximately £7m. BMW also confirmed Brembo brakes, who continue their monopoly in F1 after McLaren and Toyota also signed new deals with the Italian manufacturer.

Drivers available for negotiations at end of round 14

Current Budgets

Drivers signed in this window
Apologies for the late reply guys, I was down at Spa this weekend and didn't have access to my laptop so it seems I have some explaining to do.

The main reason I decided to post the results as they were was time, which was my fault. A combination of sorting out uni stuff and general laziness meant I only got round to writing the race report the day before I left which in hindsight wasn't a wise move. However I decided to roll with it because 1) I knew I wouldn't have access to a computer until today and didn't want to leave you guys hanging, as that's my personal pet peeve when it comes to publishing race broadcasts and 2) of the three cars affected, Massa was the only who really lost out (Webber was well out of the points when he retired and anyone with even a basic knowledge of GP4 will know that the AI is not smart enough to coast to save fuel, that just seemed a better alternative than saying 'I was too busy watching Family Guy to notice that Kubica overtook Rosberg for 8th until a week after I ran the race' and he also proved that the one stop was on) and even then it is looking more and more unlikely that BMW or Toyota will catch Ferrari for 2nd in the championship and even more unlikely that Ferrari will catch McLaren.

Just as we did last time this happened, I would propose a democratic vote to decide the results but as we already know the results it's bit late for that. Instead, I'd be happy to add a perf boost to Massa's, Rosberg's and Webber's perfs for the Turkish GP to compensate if you're all happy with that.

So I apologise for the way this was handled, admittedly this was not one of my better race weekends. But on that note is there anyone who would be willing to run the Turkish GP? :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2013 08:45PM by Twigster151.
These things happen m8..

A would just leave the result and give the 3 drivers a slight perf boost for turkey :)
I understand that you suggest to give Massa and Webber a perf boost as they both run out of fuel, but why also Rosberg? If you want to give all one-stoppers a boost, you also have to give one to Verstappen, I think he too only stopped once.

I have to say I'm against a boost for those drivers for the next race. Otherwise everyone could claim a boost for his driver if he was on a one stop strategy in a race, and thus didn't perform that well. Sometimes the one strategy works better, sometimes the other, that's just the way it is.

Btw, I could run the Turkish GP.

Some mods
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand that you suggest to give Massa and
> Webber a perf boost as they both run out of fuel,
> but why also Rosberg? If you want to give all
> one-stoppers a boost, you also have to give one to
> Verstappen, I think he too only stopped once.
>
> I have to say I'm against a boost for those
> drivers for the next race. Otherwise everyone
> could claim a boost for his driver if he was on a
> one stop strategy in a race, and thus didn't
> perform that well. Sometimes the one strategy
> works better, sometimes the other, that's just the
> way it is.
>
>
> Btw, I could run the Turkish GP.

My bad again, in my haste I forgot Rosberg finished ;)

To reiterate, only Massa and Webber would get a perf boost for Turkey as it's my fault they didn't finish.

Also remember this is a one time thing to compensate for not holding a democratic over the issue as we did for the race at Spa in 2004. Trust me, I've no intention of ever getting into this situation again and god forbid we do, I would only ever offer this alternative if a driver retires due to running out of fuel.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I'm fine with a boost for Webber and Massa for Turkey
Well, given that RB lost a point because Rosberg was basically too low on fuel as well to finish the race in a decent speed, I would have liked seeing a small boost for him, too. IMO that just would have been fair. RB completely lost this weekend because of both drivers having had problems with this, but I won't argue over it. It's just a game, after all.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> Well, given that RB lost a point because Rosberg
> was basically too low on fuel as well to finish
> the race in a decent speed, I would have liked
> seeing a small boost for him, too. IMO that just
> would have been fair.
RB completely lost this
> weekend because of both drivers having had
> problems with this, but I won't argue over it.
> It's just a game, after all.

I hope you're joking here, John. This would open a bottomless pit if this is done. Yes, you and Maikel had bad luck this time with both your drivers being on one stop. But there have been and will be races where you profit from being on another strategy than other drivers.

Some mods
Honestly, I personally wouldn't bother with perf boosts. It would run the risk of messing with consistency unless the boosts were so minor that they don't even matter. It'll probably just cause more problems (e.g. "hey (x) didn't finish GIMME PERF B00ST NAO). I'm not strongly against it, however, and I'm totally fine with it if that's what's happening.

So yeah; you ask me, I'd say don't bother. Because crap happens.
No I wasn't kidding. But you should have highlighted my complete post, since I said right after that I won't argue over it. But let's face it. Rosberg was safely on 8th before he went low on fuel and because of this lost his position to Kubica. So, Ferrari, who would have gained points but stopped two corners before the finish line will get a boost, but Rosberg who lost his point but barely made it over the finish line won't get it. That just seems a little inconsistent to me.
But again, do what you think is right. I won't make a scene because of a game.

I'm not bothered either way whether these drivers get a perf boost. Agree with an earlier comment that fuel consumption needs to be checked during FP.
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> No I wasn't kidding. But you should have
> highlighted my complete post, since I said right
> after that I won't argue over it. But let's face
> it. Rosberg was safely on 8th before he went low
> on fuel and because of this lost his position to
> Kubica. So, Ferrari, who would have gained points
> but stopped two corners before the finish line
> will get a boost, but Rosberg who lost his point
> but barely made it over the finish line won't get
> it. That just seems a little inconsistent to me.
> But again, do what you think is right. I won't
> make a scene because of a game.

After having a look at the replay, Kubica actually overtook Rosberg 4 laps from the end of the race and Rosberg was still racing at full racing speeds when he crossed the line so he was unaffected.

That wasn't clear from the - otherwise very cool and extensive - coverage. There it sounded like Kubica overtook Rosberg at the very end of the race and as a result of his lack of fuel. Thanks for double checking it and in this case my opinion is obviously reverted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy