GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
As said before, I'll run this session. Qualifying should be run tonight so expect footage tonight or tomorrow, and if not harass me with vicious messages or something ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As said before, I'll run this session. Qualifying
> should be run tonight so expect footage tonight or
> tomorrow, and if not harass me with vicious
> messages or something ;)

Good to hear. Hoping Team China can keep up the performance of the recent races, but I have a suspicious feeling it was probably luck that fell to our driver.

If no one minds, I might be able to run the next event after this one.

I can run Zandvoort. hot

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I'm good with you running interlagos Greg, and I know how close to your heart zandvoort is Ruben so I wouldn't want to deny you of that!

Any chance of a championship table Connor.

Cheers mate.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Any chance of a championship table Connor.
>
> Cheers mate.

The championship table was posted half way down page 54, here: [www.grandprixgames.org] and also on page 1 as usual. I understand how you might have missed it what with the gaps and all!

Cheers mate. Must have missed it.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ok the session has been run! I did say the coverage would be up today or yesterday however a couple of things got in the way of putting the coverage together so tomorrow afternoon is the guarenteed time.

truecrysis Wrote:
> Ok the session has been run! I did say the
> coverage would be up today or yesterday however a
> couple of things got in the way of putting the
> coverage together so tomorrow afternoon is the
> guarenteed time.

Screens? Or video? Not that it matters to me. I'm more worried about China's qualifying result.

Round 12 - Melbourne/Fiji - Qualifying

Hello and welcome to Round 12 of the GPGNC. The sun is shining, the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne is ready and all the drivers are in the paddock ready for this weekend. Qualifying was ran with plenty of action throughout, battles down the grid and a few offs. This weekend there will be two viewing options, with the choice of a short highlight video (qualifying video length = 5 mins) or picture coverage. Hopefully the will cater for people who prefer either type of media and shouldn't take too much viewing time. Anyway back to qualifying and here's where they all ended up, starting from the back:

Video highlights of the session (disclaimer: at the time of posting the video was still uploading, please give enough time for it to finalise!)

22: It was Brazil that found themselves at the very back of the grid, where Vilela sat for pretty much the entire session.

21: Joining him on the back row of the grid will be Montenegro. Vukcevic struggled throughout and couldn't improve his time to move him forward.

20: A heavy penalty was enough to see Finland and Edvardsen sitting near the back of the grid.

19: Whilst the bright orange car of Netherlands also wasn't enjoying his time out there, only managing 19th.

18: An altercation with another car coming out the pits capped a day to forget for Silva, the portguese driver could only work himself 18th.

17: Alongside Portugal will be Canada, with Copeman both starting and ending the session in exactly the same position.

16: The home crowd were not given much to cheer about, as Cauncaunibuca started the day in 21st and could only progress to the 8th row of the grid.

15: Spain held last on the grid for pretty much the entire session, but a last ditch attempt moved Alvarez up to 15th despite his penalty.

14: Great Britain were another of the teams holding position throughout, sitting between 14th and 11th for the whole 30 minutes.

13: GB were joining by Ireland on row 7 to make it an all British Isles row. Taytoh with a solid performance.

12: Not being far from home Australia too looked for a good performance. A last roll of the dice dragged them from 17th to 12th.

11: Monaco couldn't quite get their boost hooked up how they wanted, and combining with being block by a slow Germany car leaving the pits, 6th Row was all Grimaldi could grab.

10: Moving into the top 10 was France with a very solid performance for Girard. He'll be hoping for points in the rac.

9: A steady 9th throughout almost ended in tears for China as Cheng ran wide over the kerbs at T13.

8: Germany looked set for a 12th place but in the dying moments Kederer pulled out a great lap to sneak into the top 8.

7: Japan sit alongside Germany after Kamikaze started off in 5th but moved back to hold 7th place on the grid.

6: An impressive lap from Austin saw USA sit in 4th place, before a couple of changes saw them end up on the 3rd row.

5: A new car and maximum boost wasn't enough to give Cremasco pole. He instead had to settle for just inside the top 5.

4: Row 2 and another off. Luckily for Argentina, Domenech was able to recover and put in a fantastic lap for 4th after his earlier outing at T7.

3: Just 3 cars left and it was... San Marino who took 3rd place. A great lap in their first run couldn't be improved on after being blocked by Montenegro twice as Vukcevic came out the pits.

2: Second place went to... Paolo Tafuro of Italy. No mistakes for the Italian driver and a fantastic first lap saw him grab 2nd.

1: Which means it was Bulgaria and Nikolov in pole! An unbeatable first lap put the Bulgarian on top of the pile and he managed to hold it there, despite having to make a trip across the grass at the first corner to avoid Portugal coming out the pits.

So here are your full standings!

Congratulations once again to Nikola Nikolov of Bulgaria for a fantastic pole position! We hope you enjoyed the coverage in whatever form you chose to view, and hope you will join us soon for the full race coverage!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2013 12:11AM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Nice job from our new driver Mike Austin ;)
(Seems the commentators didn't pay sufficient attention to our announcement! :P )

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Very terrible result!

Great coverage however :) I like to have the option between vid and pics! It's a lot of work I guess though?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
9th place. Decent result, even if Cheng did give the team a bit of worry when he ran wide. Could have been better, but that's what happens when you run wide. Time now to focus on racing.

Seeing that I'll be running the next race, can anyone send me a copy of the Interlagos circuit with the track settings needed for the round. It so I can get a few test runs in.

New car and a top 5, it's okat, let's hope for a better race though

smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> Nice job from our new driver Mike Austin ;)
> (Seems the commentators didn't pay sufficient
> attention to our announcement! :P )

Dammit! I've genuinely looked at all posts in this thread, but somehow completely missed that detail! Not my fault if Allington and Austin are identical twins ;)

@Maikel it's a little bit of extra work but its not too bad with qualifying because of the format I've used with listing the grid order. We will see how much work it is for the race ;-)

@Greg ill send you the interlagos track files later today.

I would encourage everyone to watch the video if possible, just so I can get people thoughts on the format/style and whether the length is good. Not for extra views f course ;).

As for Montenegro... Ugh... That was pretty awful and to be an active roadblock for San Marino is not acceptable. My apologies to Silvestre for Vulcevic's actions on that, we will be having a chat with him.

@truecrysis, thanks. Looking forward to testing out the track.

The video coverage was good. Perhaps something similar for the race can be done as well.

That wasn't too bad, considering the circumstances...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
As usual in this season, another qualifying session to forget.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy