GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Longest commercial break ever.....GPGNC rolling in the dollars from the advertisers....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Longest commercial break ever.....GPGNC rolling in
> the dollars from the advertisers....

So sorry. I would've had the final part up last night, but I was getting too tired that I couldn't concentrate and place the screens with the right captions. I should have the final part up by tonight.

Lovely stuff!

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
GPG Nations Cup Rd11 French GP - Race

Part 4

Back from the break, and Spain is still chasing down Ireland for the final podium spot. Lurking behind is France.

It's very close between the two nations in the battle for 3rd.

Meanwhile, behind Spain, France and Italy battle for 5th position.

3rd to 6th, all in the same shot.

The race leader, Great Britain, has caught up to the back of Bulgaria. No doubt the blue flags will be shown for Bulgaria.

Down to the hairpin, and Bulgaria still hasn't allowed the leader through. The more Great Britain get held up, the more China will catch up, and Paddock would not be liking that thought.

Great Britain has finally gotten past Bulgaria. Bulgaria's race goes from bad to worse as they are now a lap down.

Spain still clinging onto the back of Ireland.

While France continues to hold Italy back.

Further down the field, Argentina are still ahead of Finland.

Back to the race leader, and in the distance China have caught up to the back of Bulgaria. This is not what China would be wanting right now in their pursuit to challenge for the race lead.

Now China are being held up by Bulgaria, despite there being blue flags.

Behind the top 2, the most interesting battle is still between Ireland and Spain. It can not get any closer than this.

China still stuck behind Bulgaria. Because of Bulgaria holding up China, it has allowed Great Britain to extend the gap.

Wait a minute. It appears that China are close enough to make the overlap.

And China finally gets by the Bulgaria car.

But it was probably all for naught, as China takes to the pits for their second stop.

As China exits the pits and rejoins in front of France, Australia takes to the pits. And it looks like another yellow flag situation.

And here's why. Fiji has hit the wall, and lost a wheel. We're hearing reports saying that there is a throttle problem in the Fiji car. Such a shame too, as they were running inside the top 10, and is now out of the race.

Montenegro takes to the pits.

The damaged Fiji car is finally removed from the track.

Italy down in 8th position after taking their second stop earlier.

Australia came out behind Italy, and in front of San Marino. And already Australia has to defend their position into the hairpin.

Which they were able to do successfully as they remain in front of San Marino.

Bulgaria head into the pits for their second stop.

Ireland takes to the pits from 2nd.

France now head into the pits.

Spain also head into the pits.

Canada heads into the pits from 7th.

Ireland rejoins in 4th. Meanwhile, Finland heads into the pits.

Spain looks to have lost out during the stops as Italy has gotten in front. Germany pits for the second time.

France on the other hand was able to leapfrog Spain, and now have Italy to worry about.

Australia and San Marino separated by 0.2 seconds. Both are lucky to be inside the top 10 at the current moment.

Canada now seem to have the attention of Portugal.

Brazil has managed to get in front of Montenegro, but still need to take their stop.

Monaco pits from 3rd position.

San Marino also pit, and that should give Australia some relief.

As Monaco returns to the track in front of Australia, Argentina heads into the pits for their stop.

Australia should have the advantage, due to having warmer tyres.

Onboard with Australia, as Brazil heads into the pits, and Australia is close enough to attempt a pass.

Monaco however, was able to hold position, and Australia stays behind. Meanwhile, Great Britain make their 2nd stop.

And the race leader retains the lead.

Lap 36, and here are the current standings.

Portugal are the last team to make their 2nd stop.

Portugal rejoins in 15th, and has lost out massively to Argentina, Finland and Germany.

Here is Ireland, currently in 3rd position.

Argentina heads this group of cars, who currently sit 12 to 15th.

Is there anything that can stop Great Britain? They take yet another fastest lap.

Italy currently in 4th, and they have a 1.5 second advantage over Spain.

Vilela in the Brazil car would be hoping for this race to just hurry up and finish.

Canada are closing in on Australia. Only 0.8 seconds separate them.

Great Britain closing in on the back of Brazil. No doubt the blue flags will be shown for the Brazilian driver.

And Vilela does the right thing and lets Great Britain through. Last thing Great Britain need is contact with a back marker.

5 laps to go.

The gap between Ireland and Italy.

Australia still holding off Canada.

Germany chasing Finland. Finland chasing Argentina.

Pretty soon, China will soon have to get around Brazil to be able to continue chasing down the leader.

Here is how the top 10 have moved up or down the field.

Canada still staying close to Australia.

Montenegro holding down a top 10 position. They'll be quite pleased at the current time.

China looking to get by Brazil.

And they get the job done.

2 laps remaining, and Italy are still chasing down Ireland for the final podium spot.

But wait. Spain are heading past Italy.

And Italy has pulled off to the side of the track. Disaster for Italy, who only had another lap left to finish inside the top 4.

The group of cars led by Argentina head into the yellow flag zone.

The race leader starts the final lap, as the broken Italy car is removed from the track. It was transmission failure that brought the Italian to a stop.

Ireland will be relieved, knowing that they can cruise to the line without the worry of losing 3rd.

As a result of Italy's retirement, France have moved up into 5th. And is it me, or is Girard looking into the camera?

Monaco up to 6th.

Nothing could stop Great Britain dominating here today. They started the weekend with pole, took fastest lap after fastest lap, and led from start to finish even through the pitstops. The French GP goes to Dan Paddock and Great Britain.

China finish 2nd.

And Ireland finish 3rd.

We hope you enjoyed the coverage of the French GP. We'll see you next time for Rd 12. Till then, this is goodbye from Magny Cours.

Results To Come

GPG Nations Cup Rd11 French GP - Official Results

Race Results

Fastest Laps

Team China

An absolutely fantastic race by Cheng to bring the car home in 2nd. It was pretty much a game of chase all race trying to chase down the Great Britain car. Once Cheng got to the backmarkers, I felt that it was going to be a difficult job for him to get past without contact. Anyways, long night of partying ahead for everyone in the China team tonight. We'll see everyone at the next round.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2013 06:09AM by Mullet345.
No good result, but I didn't expect anything else for this round. Luckily our rivals weren't able to make up that much ground.

Nice coverage Greg :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Great Recovery by the team

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Unbelievable turn of events, LOL ;) nice coverage btw :-)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2013 01:08PM by senna9194.
kedy89 Wrote:
> Nice coverage Greg :)

Thanks. I'll try and run another round before the end of the season, if that's ok with everyone.

Coverage was nice, but the race was terrible.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Grand chelam!!! I was unbeatable today.

Nice coverage Greg, but as Ruben said, not the most interesting of races. Magny Cours is an awful track for passing in GP4.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Very happy for our 11th post! We started 20th, so we're happy, and without boost, so it was a great day for us!

Not really what we thought we could get out of this race ....

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Luckily our car was very reliable, a top 10 finish is very good with 0 boost.

I must admit to being slightly disappointed with Team Ireland's performance. I know we scored a podium, but the team had high hopes of a win.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Team Fiji
Devastated to have a solid result ruined by a sticky throttle - the F1-J1 showed some decent pace and Caucaunibuca was driving solidly. This season is proving to be a tough one, our first season in the Championship, but lots of valuable lessons learnt and experience gained. Onwards and upwards!
Team Mexico

Following the destruction of our car, we from team Mexico are proud to announce our new model for the rest of the season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2013 09:17AM by natasp.
natasp Wrote:
> Team Mexico
>
> Following the destruction of our car, we from team
> Mexico are proud to announce our new model for the
> rest of the season
>
> [i170.photobucket.com]
> ico_zpsea3c399d.jpg

Nice. So you decided to go with the colors of the Mexican flag?

Mullet345 Wrote:
> Nice. So you decided to go with the colors of the
> Mexican flag?

Yeah :D that black car, despite the various joys that it brought to us, wasn't representing Mexico in a patriot way

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy