The 2012 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2012 Formula One Season
Date: April 24, 2012 06:44PM
Posted by: matt3454
on a 2012 note, my GA tickets for the belgian gp have arrived! woop woop!!!

Date: April 25, 2012 09:18PM
Posted by: Toki

The Spanish HRT team does not participate in the tests in the coming week from 1 to 3 May in Mugello. This was announced by the former in the four seasonal runs hopelessly losing team in Madrid.

Insane, Stupid decision ;)

on a 2012 note, my GA tickets for the belgian gp have arrived! woop woop!!!

*Jealous* ;)

I must be content with Hockenheim this year :(, or as i call it castrated Tilkenheim <_<. This will be the first Formula 1 race since 1999 (Imola) i visit on the Track.

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Date: April 26, 2012 01:39AM
Posted by: matt3454
I went Belgium last year as my first ever F1 race and really enjoyed the visit, this year im going with 4 mates and were renting a little house thing for the weekend at roughly £200, and £40 each makes it cheaper than most hotels. Hopefully drive the old Nurburgring on the Monday as well. Should be a nice little eurotrip ;).

Hopefully next year will visit a different track or two, Silverstone has never excited me as a viewing circuit even though it is so close to home. Hopefully will visit Monaco at some point, even if the grand prix just gives me an excuse to drive the track on the night lol. Hungary is meant to be a good track for viewing.

Let me know about Hockenheim as its another possibility for next year!

Date: April 28, 2012 06:24AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yeah, I'm going to be in Europe later this year, so I'll definitely be at Silverstone, and then am planning to get to Hungary, Spa and Monza if I can.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 28, 2012 07:02AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
I know its next year but I'm hoping to attend the Australian GP (will be my first F1 race) and I was wondering if anyone else is planning on going as I don't really have anyone to go with and would like some company for the weekend instead of being all alone :P.
Date: April 28, 2012 11:13AM
Posted by: alexf1man
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know its next year but I'm hoping to attend the Australian GP (will be my first F1 race) and I was wondering if anyone else is planning on going as I don't really have anyone to go with and would like some company for the weekend instead of being all alone :P.

From also being a member of F1Fanatic I know some members met up during the Australian GP weekend this year. I'm pretty sure they'd do the same again next year:

Here is the article.

Maybe we could get GPG and F1F to collaborate?
Date: April 28, 2012 09:00PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I've been the last few years, but not next year as I'll be in Europe. It's certainly a fantastic weekend, I'm sure you'll love it!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 16, 2012 06:22PM
Posted by: chet
This season has been amazing so far, one reason I believe is because of driver spread across top teams...

On that basis I've got a suggestion to maintain such excitement. What always annoyed me about Schumacher and Ferrari was that it was the perfect combination. I always wanted to see Schumacher try fight for it at another team maybe, to give us the answer of whether it was him, the car, or his obvious preferential treatment that was... Sooo

How about a rotation system? Like have a cap on how many years a driver can stay at one team...Make it 2/3 years maybe. That way we might get to see drivers like Pastor in a top car, we might see if he is good enough. At the same time however we will see a driver like Alonso driving a mid field car into strong finishes? Lewis and Alonso did it alot in 2009.

The reason why is because I wan't to see drivers given a chance. After 2008 if Jenson found himself without a drive it would have been to nobody's surprise. Next thing he knew he was WDC. What about Jean Alesi? Right team at the wrong time. Mika Salo, another example. In his brief spell at Ferrari he did well, what about after a full pre-season test and season? Oilver Panis, another example of a driver who had more talent than his results suggested IMO. At the other end of the scale we have currently Massa?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 20, 2012 11:38AM
[url=

]This video[/url] shows the run off changes made for this year's Monaco GP (in a Historic race). Hopefully Perez's accident will not be repeated.
Date: May 20, 2012 12:05PM
Posted by: J i m
That lens makes the track look a LOT wider than it really is. I wonder if those traffics island type bollards will be there for the f1.

Date: May 20, 2012 06:07PM
Very true. And I think Michael would moan if those obstacles were still there for F1...

Look what's come up on Alonso's twitter (@alo_oficial): [p.twimg.com]

Here is the original tweet: [twitter.com]
Date: May 20, 2012 09:32PM
Posted by: gav
If BBC F1 were to do helmet designs... :D
Date: May 21, 2012 12:47AM
Posted by: flat tyre
Reminds me a lot of ITV's intro from 2007-ish. Just watched it on youtube again... thank god we don't have them doing F1 anymore, it was atrocious!

And good video of Monaco, thanks for sharing :) as much as I'd like to see those obstacles for the F1, I doubt they will be used. It'd be a nightmare clearing them away if someone crashed into them and knocked them on track. I bet they only put them there to try to get the historic drivers to drive more carefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2012 12:51AM by flat tyre.
Date: July 14, 2012 11:09PM
Posted by: Isaint
Yipeeeeeeeeeee!! No stepped noses next season.

Saturday 14 July 2012

GPUpdate
Whiting hints at no ‘stepped noses’ next season
11 July 2012

FIA’s Charlie Whiting has hinted that we could see the last of the stepped noses at the end of 2012. Fans across the world have stated their displeasure of the design, which most teams have brought in due to technical rule changes.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: July 16, 2012 01:45PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I don't mind the stepped noses.

However nothing would please me more than banning raised noses altogether and reverting to the low nosed-chassis we saw pre-1995 :)
Date: July 28, 2012 11:49AM
Does anyone know what music Sky uses for their "What's on when" screen?

It was also used in the BBC Olympics coverage yesterday.

EDIT: Found it, the answer is: Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2012 11:56AM by alexf1man.
Date: August 15, 2012 10:06AM
Mark Webber's Singapore GP helmet has been revealed after the Competition Winner was announced:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy