Spanish GP *spoilers*

Posted by Nickv 
Re: Spanish GP *spoilers*
Date: May 22, 2011 02:39PM
Posted by: torana_05
did they bring webber in before his tyres went off? cause he was on a new set of softs

Date: May 22, 2011 02:40PM
Posted by: Slash
i think Ferrari made a mistake stopping the same lap as Vettel.... it seems they didn't learn from Abu Dhabi
Date: May 22, 2011 02:46PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If Ferrari stayed out then they'd be even further behind. Vettel was THREE SECONDS faster on that lap.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 22, 2011 02:59PM
yes but they don't have a new set of tyres like some of the competition... sacrificing the tyres they already have doesn't leave them in good shape for the end
Date: May 22, 2011 03:00PM
Posted by: chet
If this tyre is so much slower, how the hell are Vettel and Lewis soooo much quicker than Alonso and Webber.

Maybe its just the Ferrari...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 22, 2011 03:16PM
damn, end of the race is going to be exciting
Date: May 22, 2011 03:27PM
10 laps of having to defend a pure DRS gain. :-\

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 22, 2011 03:28PM
Posted by: chet
Starting to hate DC. I just want him to shhh.

edit - best race of the year so far IMO. Once again. I love Pirelli!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2011 03:40PM by chet.
Date: May 22, 2011 03:41PM
This is an odd feeling of wanting Lewis to close so they can battle, but not wanting Lewis to be handed an easy win due to DRS.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 22, 2011 03:52PM
Posted by: gav
Stonking battle up front. Hamilton was excellent, and Vettel just about his equal to stay ahead of him. Staggering turn 1 from Alonso.

That's what DRS should be. Allowing cars to keep closer than they otherwise might, but not gifting an overtake.

I suppose you could argue the zone could have been a touch longer, but this is Barcelona, a track where Jake Humphrey's said there'd been TWO overtakes in 2008.
Date: May 22, 2011 03:57PM
If anything I think the zone should have been shorter. Lewis gained .5 of a sec every lap on the straight alone. That's insane.

I didn't think it was as good a battle as it could have been. It was just tense, finding out if Lewis would be gifted a win from DRS. The tracks should be good enough to reward skill, not have amazing drivers like Lewis having to rely on DRS.

Even with the longest DRS zone so far, there was still very few passes compared to other races. Even DRS couldn't fix Barcelona. It's time to bin this track from the calender.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 22, 2011 04:03PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even DRS couldn't fix Barcelona. It's time to bin
> this track from the calender.

Amen to that, it's absolutely bollocks. Always has been, now with modern F1 cars it's even worse than it was in the 1990's - and it was still bad then. Nothing ever happens unless it rains (1996), otherwise you end up with a procession which, as you say, even overtaking aids like KERS and DRS have no ability to fix.

Chuck it - let's move to Austria or the Algarve, Spain still has Valencia anyway.

Webber is not on the same level as Vettel this year, his season is already over. Lewis can occasionally bother Vettel but not often enough, I can't see anyone else winning this title now, he resembles Schumacher in 1995. Or Al Unser Jr. 1994, come to that.

chet Wrote:
> Best race of the year so far IMO. Once
> again. I love Pirelli!

I honestly don't know which season you've been watching. 2004?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2011 04:06PM by loque.
Date: May 22, 2011 04:04PM
Posted by: J i m
Vettel crazy frog... and Hamilton good little battle. Good job by Button to recover upto 3rd. Epic start by Alonso, and good stuff by Heidfeld.

Date: May 22, 2011 04:14PM
Posted by: gav
Oh uh... investigations ahoy! Hamilton, Button, Webber and Alguersuari under investigation for not slowing down under yellows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2011 04:15PM by gav.
Date: May 22, 2011 04:15PM
gav Wrote:
> Oh uh... investigations ahoy for not slowing down
> under yellows. Hamilton, Button, Webber and
> Alguesuari.

Damn, Alguersuari... that's a race defining event.

This could put Schumi on the podium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2011 04:15PM by loque.
Date: May 22, 2011 04:18PM
Posted by: Nickv
gav Schreef:
> Oh uh... investigations ahoy! Hamilton, Button,
> Webber and Alguersuari under investigation for not
> slowing down under yellows.

Just wait until Mr Kolles shows his face to file a protest against all cars with blown diffusers. And with Kolles being Kolles, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it a go.
Date: May 22, 2011 04:18PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
loque Wrote:
> This could put Schumi on the podium.

They won't disqualify them, and even a large time penalty wouldn't put Schumacher on the podium

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 22, 2011 04:21PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
> loque Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This could put Schumi on the podium.
>
> They won't disqualify them, and even a large time
> penalty wouldn't put Schumacher on the podium

Yah, you're probably correct.
Date: May 22, 2011 04:35PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Would it be time penalties for the guilty? If so, this won't really change a thing as Buemi was out of the points anyway and Hamilton, Webber and Button were a lap ahead of the next guy. I could be wrong about that though...

Hmm, good race as far as the track goes, I was expecting at least one of the Red Bulls to run away and hide, so, yeah.
Renault though...Petrov starts 6th, Heidfeld 24th... I'm wondering whether Petrov had an issue because he really fell away at the end, though he sort of did last time out too. I'm just thinking, with Renault's pace... okay, not at Monaco because that will be a bugger to pass on but at the likes of Canada, they could use Force India's strategy in Quali and still end up in the points. Maybe use one soft set to get into Q2...but why bother using another two going for a good slot in Q3? If Petrov started in 11-4th having saved the soft tyres he had used to get 6th on the grid, I'd think he'd probably have finished 6th in the race.
Date: May 22, 2011 04:36PM
Posted by: marcl
If they give them all 20 sec penalties it changes nothing, if they give them 60 lewis keeps 2nd but I think Alonso gets 3rd. They good dq them though of give them a grid drop on the next race.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy