Spanish GP *spoilers*

Posted by Nickv 
Re: Spanish GP *spoilers*
Date: May 21, 2011 08:05PM
Posted by: J i m
Sure he did a good job, yet Heidfeld didn't set a time due to car setting itself alight, Barrichello had a gearbox failure and the "Findias" did their q2 laps on the hard tyre.

Heikki's p15 starts looking more of a inheritance when you take all that into account.

Date: May 21, 2011 08:36PM
Posted by: Slash
jbnd05 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm not much celebration of that pole in the Red
> Bull garage...

remids me when Alonso used to take poles in mclaren and Hamilton would be P2...

hope Webbers kicks everybody asses tomorrow, think Lewis will really be a hard competitor tomorrow for RBR.. hope Alonso too
Date: May 21, 2011 08:45PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Anyone notice DC got a few more words in the live commentary? I think the Brundle/Coulthard team is starting to come together.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 21, 2011 08:46PM
Posted by: gav
I think this one is an easy Red Bull win. Given how critical the aerodynamics are at Barcelona, it always was going to be a Red Bull track. Only Suzuka rivals it for how well suited it is to their car. The only problems will be the ones they cause themselves.
Date: May 21, 2011 09:00PM
Posted by: EC83
Think Vettel will take the win if it falls into his lap, but if Webber has a trouble-free race he'll be happy to settle for a P2 behind Mark. He knows this is a Webber track anyway, Webber needs to win this, Seb doesn't. He's shown a great head for percentage driving so far this year too.

Good to see Webber finally getting it together after being owned so far this season.

Date: May 21, 2011 10:46PM
Posted by: marcl
Tbh I thought the top for was set until Alonso done that fantastic putting the car there when it should be 5th.

Other than that quali was dull all the way through just hope the race is better but RBR will be gone unless Lewis can jump Vettel at the start, but even if he does Vettel will sail past with DRS when he can use it.

I can see Alonso getting 3rd as the Ferrari is better on tyres than the Mclaren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 10:46PM by marcl.
Date: May 22, 2011 09:59AM
Posted by: zulu_85
Well, if Vettel's KERS problems are confirmed, it really is Webber's win to throw away in my opinion, and I'll agree with seeing Alonso ending up on the podium (though don't the McLarens have one more set of softs than Ferrari?). Top 2 may be a forgone conclusion, but I genuinely believe the rest of the field may make up for a very interesting Grand Prixfamouslastwords...
Date: May 22, 2011 10:34AM
Posted by: chet
If Vettels KERS isnt working, I would like at least Lewis, Alonso and JB to jump him. That way the fight for second would just be pure awesome. If its not working, theres no doubt that Lewis will pass, and probably Alonso. And that being the case Webber will sprint off IMO.

At least though, we will finally get to see how Vettel handles being 3rd/4th with a car which will win.

Horner said Vettel has made overtakes this year, but given the circumstances, they were fairly trivial. Both Button moves were done with Vettel on fresh tyres, Button on used.

Should be a good race for the podium though. I dont think the Ferrari has what it takes, but Alonso does. Hopefully a race long Alonso-Lewis battle ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 22, 2011 10:52AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Horner said Vettel has made overtakes this year, but given the circumstances, they were fairly trivial. Both Button moves were done with Vettel on fresh tyres, Button on used.

But that's the only chances he's had, and he executed both perfectly.

It's all fine and well people saying "Vettel hasn't made many passes", but when he does the goal posts seem to get moved and we forget about the passes he has made any way. It reminds me of how we treat students in the UK, where we call them all stupid. Then they get the best exam results ever and we say the exams are getting easier and it's further proof that they are stupid. Lose lose situation.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 22, 2011 11:15AM
Posted by: gav
Vettel's been dominant without having to fight for positions. I think I'd take that over doubts of my ability in the pack. ;)

I was somewhat staggered at the stats that Brundle reeled off yesterday. Laps lead:

1) Vettel, 184
=2) Button, 14
=2) Rosberg, 14
4) Hamilton, 9
5) Alonso, 5
6) Massa, 4
=7) Webber and everyone else, 0

I mean... WTF?!
Date: May 22, 2011 01:29PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Well it certainly would be interesting to see Vettel get swamped at the start with no KERS, leaving him to fight through the field.

Although it will hardly be a challenge for him to overtake here with the long DRS zone and his car speed through the final corner.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 22, 2011 01:55PM
Posted by: truecrysis
having just seen where the drs zone starts, im rather worried overtaking is going to be rather too easy...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: May 22, 2011 01:55PM
The irony with Webber's start to the year is that he's actually got more points than this time last year.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 22, 2011 02:10PM
Posted by: Slash
wow Alonso........ and nice hands from Michael
Date: May 22, 2011 02:15PM
I love Alonso.

He's just made this a race!

Button needs to pit. Hes ALOT quicker!

Date: May 22, 2011 02:15PM
And Webber still hasn't led Vettel for a lap this year...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 22, 2011 02:18PM
I take my earlier post back Dave.

That was fantastic!!! new tyres or not! Brilliant.

Date: May 22, 2011 02:24PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
He had to pass THREE CARS on his out lap and not only lost no time to Alonso, he pulled away from Webber. That, is @#$%& phenomenal driving.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 22, 2011 02:32PM
Posted by: EC83
Well the RedBull walkover got thrown in the bin then :D Great start by Fernando!

Date: May 22, 2011 02:37PM
Lewis HAS to stay out now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy