Spanish GP *spoilers*
Date: May 20, 2011 10:19AM
Posted by: Nickv
Sauber 1 and 2 OMG!!!!

Discuss.
Re: Spanish GP *spoilers*
Date: May 20, 2011 10:37AM
Posted by: J i m
Pfft, tehy REALLY need to get rid of that silly hairpin and chicane in sector 3, it does nothing for overtaking, and eliminates two of the best corners of the track.

Date: May 20, 2011 10:38AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
xaxa. well, wait till 12:00 . then there will be somtehing to talk about :)

P.S. my prediction for the three most improved teams after this race is:

1) mercedes
2) mclaren
3) lotus

Watch out for the saubers, ferraris, especially WILLIAMS as well :).

see you in the forums guys. i go back to work. have anice day
Date: May 20, 2011 10:57AM
Ok..... that was really poor PASTA. Sir Frank please wheel yourself down to Force India and beg the HULK to come back.

Date: May 20, 2011 11:01AM
Posted by: Nickv
I'm away for five minutes and something happens... What did he do? The standard Maldonado error of putting a tyre on the grass?
Date: May 20, 2011 11:04AM
Well....actually he put all 4 in the gravel. It was yet another level of lameness. I hadn't seen anything as silly since Yuji Ide.

Date: May 20, 2011 11:26AM
hi Jim, can you explain how he exactly did it ? I alos missed it :(
Date: May 20, 2011 11:51AM
I wish could explain! He wasn't even going particularly fast, he just slid wide at the corners before the silly chincane and went off, admitted it was basically his fault as well.

Date: May 20, 2011 01:08PM
mercdes look quite good in the hands of nico. hamilton 5 th, despite all his troubles.massa's pace is unexplainable for me
Date: May 20, 2011 01:13PM
Hmmm can't make too much of the fp1 times, I think the only car without a major upgrade here is STR, (and probably HRT too :P ).

It'd be a safe bet to suggest that RBR will be setting the pace though, could yet be a nice little squable between McLaren, Ferrari and Merc though.

Date: May 20, 2011 02:00PM
Posted by: danm
Pastor MaldonaaaaDO'H! Off yet again.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 20, 2011 02:30PM
Posted by: Slash
who cares about the Spannish Gp... world's ending tomorrow, we won't have a race.......

GO MICHAEL!, lol
Date: May 20, 2011 07:46PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
There's going to be some interesting deliberations going on in the teams, as Charlie Whiting has opened a can of worms by saying that teams using the exhaust over-run systems could be open to protest.

It seems that Williams, Virgin and HRT are the only ones not to use the system. All three of them are desperate, and a bucket of points could be worth millions for them, particularly for Virgin and HRT in the battle for 10th place in the WCC.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 20, 2011 08:09PM
It's the yearly thing.... ban something that was really quite clever. It's not all bad really because by next year there will be the next cheap trick system for teams to exploit and then see banned.

Double deck diffusers, F-Duct etc

Plus Williams have been using a blown diffuser, sure not one as sophisticated as RBR or Renault, but they're hoping to run their updated version here which didn't make the grade in China.

Lotus are bringing one in here as well... so if it were banned from here it would have been a total waste of money for these teams who can ill afford to waste it.

Date: May 20, 2011 08:27PM
Posted by: EC83
So Hispania aren't beating Lotus and Virgin? ZOMG.

Date: May 20, 2011 08:31PM
Well KAREN is topping the pit-lane speed trap.

Date: May 20, 2011 11:08PM
Posted by: EC83
Karen? That's worse than Jamie. AAAGH!! :P

Date: May 21, 2011 12:22AM
Posted by: Morbid
The FIA are right to ban the exhaust over-run systems, regardless of what the teams think. The continual effect of exhaust gases on the diffuser during off-throttle situations, are an aero effect achieved by a movable device. Those are clearly banned in the technical regulations.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 21, 2011 02:08AM
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Karen? That's worse than Jamie. AAAGH!! :P

Lol. It's a nick name tRL presented him with back in 2005 when he drove for Jordan. He was twinned with "TAREN" (Tiago Monterio).

Morbid, agreed, the FIA can ban pretty much anything they like, but I have a feeling FOTA will get their way until the end of the season, but it's all good because the engineers can come up with the next clever fashionable trick system to increase downforce or reduce drag Next year :)

Incidentally, will we be seeing you at Le Mans this year Morbid? :)

Date: May 21, 2011 10:27AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plus Williams have been using a blown diffuser,
> sure not one as sophisticated as RBR or Renault,
> but they're hoping to run their updated version
> here which didn't make the grade in China.

The blown diffuser hasn't been banned, it is the constant blowing gases through the exhaust not controlled by the throttle pedal.

Cosworth haven't got the money to develop the complex engine mapping that Renault and others have, which is why Williams, Virgin and HRT haven't got this system yet.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy