2010 Abu Dhabi GP Official Thread *Spoilers*

Posted by chet 
Re: 2010 Abu Dhabi GP Official Thread *Spoilers*
Date: November 14, 2010 03:51PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Vettel, Champion, Just Amazing

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 03:51PM by Ferrari2007.
Date: November 14, 2010 03:53PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i'm actually much happier for Vettel than I thought I would be, even though I feel sorry for Webber.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 14, 2010 03:54PM
Posted by: Thunderknight
Wooohooooo!!!!!!! Vettel is the champion!!!

Well, he must thank to Michael Schumacher for beeing his mentor, and for that crash at the start, witch turns into Petrov and Rosberg pitstops (obstacles for Alonso), to that fantastic car thar Red Bull is, the best from 2010 season. Also, he must thank Mark Webber, because he made an horrible race, also thank to the team for supporting him and not Webber, and well....

Not a good race, but yes really dramatic on championship terms. Great race for vettel, also both mclarens on great shape on the last race, Kubica too. An this is how it ends...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

GP4 Projects: - Button, Hamilton, Di Resta, Kovalainen and Ricciardo F1 2012 Helmets Released -
My GP4 Workthread
Date: November 14, 2010 03:55PM
Posted by: EC83
Let it out Seb, be proud dude.

Date: November 14, 2010 03:58PM
Posted by: superchargednut
Oh look, no champagne!

Date: November 14, 2010 04:04PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Incredible. Some could write off Sebastian after Korea, but he went on to win the last two GPs. Greatly deserved.

While Webber was sadly nowhere to be seen in Abu Dhabi.

Also in the constructors championship, Kubica ended fifth way ahead of Williams and Force India :P

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: November 14, 2010 04:09PM
Posted by: alonso0506
im so pissed off because off vettel beging champion. Well i thaught when lewis won the championship 2 years ago it cant get any much worse (im fine with lewis now lol) but this is the absolut low point of F1 for me (dont be mad at me i just dont like v...). Anyway Good race by button kubica and for vitaly i normally like him but the drivers always say the dont wannt to interrupt the title fight but its too late now. Webber and massa totally sucked. Ferrari made a huge error with strategy and if Fernando would have stayed out he would have been 4th easily and wold been Champ now. I hope he fights back nxt year and beat the hell out of Vettel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: November 14, 2010 04:13PM
If Webber and Massa totally sucked, Alonso did too by almost any criteria.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 14, 2010 04:13PM
Posted by: chet
soooooooo can we give Massa his Germany trophy now?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 14, 2010 04:15PM
Posted by: Slash
Incredible, well done.... People say that when you have the best car you have it easy, actually when you drive like that the team should thank you, he just makes it too easy for them, the strategy everything, there's no need to worry where he's going to be, really great performance from Vettel these last few races...

I think Ferrari made the mistake when Webber pitted, the where too worried about loosing the position with him and didn't think about the other obstacles

Great podium too, the las 3 champions on it..

Bit off topic, Kubica was over the white line at the pit exit, why wasn't he investigated?... I suppose only the latter part of the white line is the one you can't touch or did the stewards missed it?
Date: November 14, 2010 04:17PM
Slash, good point Kubica, it wouldnt have changed the result but good question. How is the white line defined? It was penalty worthy imo.

Date: November 14, 2010 04:18PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Webber and Massa totally sucked, Alonso did too
> by almost any criteria.

I think Webber sucked a bit more as Vettel proved that the car was a bit better than where he put it...

At least Alonso can say he's the best classified Ferrari with a Ferrari engine
Date: November 14, 2010 04:21PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Alonso wasn't right to make gestures at Petrov. Clearly, he didn't try hard enough to get by, and Petrov also did an excellent job to keep a quicker Ferrari behind.

Congrats Vettel, he was the best man on the day.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 14, 2010 04:25PM
That wasn't right at all from our point of view, the way we interpret it, lol
I really want to see what he says about it but maybe he was just wondering how he managed to kept the pressure?, or maybe he felt Petrov brake tested him?

If not then what was he pretending for Petrov to ruin his race? Park the car?....
Date: November 14, 2010 04:32PM
Posted by: Frantic
stunning race!! and stunning performance of Alonso and Vettel in the latter part of the season. Alonso said taht in the last 5 races he would have to be on the podium in all 5. he was in 4 of the5. Vettel too, but the difference is Vettel won 4 of that 5 races. and he didnt won 5/5 because his engine broke in Korea. A well deserved WDC.
Also, only 2 drivers won WDC leading only 1 race (the last of course) the standings. Vettel this year, and James Hunt in 1976, when he finished 3rd in Japan and picked up the championship, with a still injured Lauda leading standings all races except the last.

also, Williams won the battle against Force India. Willi Webber said Hulk is out of Williams for 2011 (almost sure Pastor Maldonado will get it)
Good race from the Renaults (the yellow carsĀ“ last race?), and from Nico Rosberg.

in this season: Hamilton and Vettel, fastest drivers. Button, smartest driver. Rosberg and Kubica almost didnt make errors during the season. Alonso the most complete driver. Stunning year for Webber i think. Disappointment from Massa, MSC (except last 3/4 races)

Date: November 14, 2010 04:50PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Slash schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That wasn't right at all from our point of view,
> the way we interpret it, lol
> I really want to see what he says about it but
> maybe he was just wondering how he managed to kept
> the pressure?, or maybe he felt Petrov brake
> tested him?
>
> If not then what was he pretending for Petrov to
> ruin his race? Park the car?....

I think I first got you wrong, sorry for that. I agree with you. If Alonso isn't fast enough to overtake Petrov, he's not worth being champion. What does he expect? That Petrov drives aside to let Alonso pass just because he is leading the championship? How many times did other people hold op Vettel, Hamilton, Webber or Button during the season? Why should it be something else in the last race? I would agree with you if Petrov would have taken out Alonso by a crash, but that wasn't the case and Alonso simply wasn't fast enough to overtake Petrov. That's it.

And think of another point...many people shouted that Red Bull would have had to use team order in Brazil to let Webber win, the played fair and didn't. If they would have done, they wouldn't have the title now. I think that is a big sign FOR fair sports and a well-earned wipe-down for Ferrari. And please don't get me wrong. It's not that I wouldn't like Ferrari at all. But in the last years and especially this year with Alonso in front (who without doubt is a great race driver, but absolutely fails being human - exactly like Schumacher in his successful years) Ferrari did many things which are not good for this sport at all. And that's why I appreciate this situation now.

/edit: Got the author wrong at first, therefore edited the post.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 04:59PM by JohnMaverick.
Date: November 14, 2010 05:00PM
I don't think speed has much to do with it (in terms of ability to overtake), it comes down to circuit design and FIA regulations.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 14, 2010 05:03PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I don't think speed has much to do with it (in terms of ability to overtake), it comes down to circuit design and FIA regulations.

This circuit, as other Tilke tracks, are designed specifically for overtaking. Yet they still struggle. How can you expect cars to pass when they go from 200mph to just 60mph in 80 meters? That's just insane.

Regulate the brakes, double the distance, you'll see more passing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 14, 2010 05:06PM
Ive never liked the idea of a slow corner leading onto a long straight. I think a medium speed corner where you can keep the momentum up is the best way...

Regulating the brakes could be one way, but steel brakes offer as much braking force, its just they degrade with temperature and so would be replaced session after session whilst current disks are able to last whole weekends, well at least uptil 2010 !

Date: November 14, 2010 05:09PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
TV director missed this. Those watching the onboard channel would have seen it. Final lap battle.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy