2010 Abu Dhabi GP Official Thread *Spoilers*

Posted by chet 
Re: 2010 Abu Dhabi GP Official Thread *Spoilers*
Date: November 13, 2010 03:17PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
What do you mean lost no time? Apart from having to go around the outside of a car which wasn't paying attention?

It was Hamiltons responsibility to get out of the way of cars on flying laps, and he got directly in the way. Any backmarker doing that would get a penalty.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 13, 2010 03:19PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yeah, but there were some weird strategies in Q3.

Why did Ferrari and McLaren leave it so late for their 2nd run. Surely for Massa in particular who has troubles warming up the tyres, and then got in a clumsy battle on the outlap due to being sent out at the same time as everyone else.

Also, I don't know why Red Bull suddenly did the long run strategy when they haven't done it in the past. It means that their tyres will be slightly more worn tomorrow which could be important in terms of strategy.

But anyway, it was very disappointing that Webber couldn't put it together. Hopefully he can pull his finger out tomorrow, but I unfortunately doubt that he has the temperament to be able to.

On the other hand, good jobs by Petrov, Schumacher, Barrichello and Trulli but disappointing for Hulk.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 13, 2010 03:23PM
Posted by: marcl
Massa could still take his normal line into the corner, he lost no time and set his fastest lap in that session and got through. A few races ago the same happened with MS and Rubens but as Rubens got through no penalty was given to MS. If massa lost any time it is less than what Rubens lost. It looked to me anyway that massa could take his line and made the corner with no problem.

But Lewis should have known he was there and backed off more I agree. Just think it will be harsh when others have done worse that is all.

But due to this being the 2nd time this weekend I do think Lewis will get a 5 drop grid penalty.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 03:25PM by marcl.
Date: November 13, 2010 03:25PM
Massa could still take his normal line into the corner

I'm trying not to be offensive, but this is just retarded. Normal line, apart from the car that was in the way, right?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 13, 2010 03:27PM
Posted by: gav
SchueyFan
I do not see how Lewis can get a penalty for that tbh Massa lost no time at all and still got through, we have seen drivers not get a penalty for worse hold ups this year.

Massa was a million miles from the apex trying to avoid an accident.

Still, Massa got through.

Then again, Alonso will want to remove one of the potentially damaging cars ahead of him, even he looks fairly comfortable in terms of position with Webber down in 5th.

While Hamilton should really be punished, I think the stewards will want to avoid demote one of the title challengers if they can, and Massa getting through should be enough for them to be lenient.
Date: November 13, 2010 03:27PM
That wasn't Massa's best lap, it was the next one.

Also, I think it may have been Massa's out lap, as I didn't see a sector 1 time for him on that lap (?)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 13, 2010 03:29PM
Gav, that wasn't me that said that! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 13, 2010 03:30PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Massa could still take his normal line into the
> corner
>
> I'm trying not to be offensive, but this is just
> retarded. Normal line, apart from the car that was
> in the way, right?

He made the apex of the corner though that is what I mean and set his fastest lap. What am I missing? They do not use the curb on that corner due to the bollard.

I am not saying Lewis was in the right btw he should have backed off more and not even been there, but it did not cost massa that much time if any did it?

I expect him to get a 5 drop anyway.

Why did you not complain when MS totally cocked up Rubens lap? Or Petrov on Lewis lap in Brazil?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 03:33PM by marcl.
Date: November 13, 2010 03:34PM
He didn't make the apex of the corner! There was a car there! They do use the kerb on that corner, because the bollard is on the other side of the kerb. Lewis hit the bollard with the middle of his car, meaning he had half a car in the way.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 13, 2010 03:36PM
Just watching now seems you are right so I take it back, so sorry about that.

I think we should expect a 5 drop penalty, just depends if they do what they done last time and not as the car made it through.

Nico has complained about Massa holding him up, so there could be a penalty there as well, even though they were not on quali laps nico has said massa ruined his last run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 03:37PM by marcl.
Date: November 13, 2010 03:42PM
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nico has complained about Massa holding him up, so
> there could be a penalty there as well, even
> though they were not on quali laps nico has said
> massa ruined his last run.

That all looked very clumsy on the outlap.

As I said above, i understand the track was getting faster all the time, but its ridiculous that the teams (particularly Ferrari) didn't think to give the drivers more time to spread themselves out.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 13, 2010 04:25PM
Posted by: chet
Well, what a time for Mcalren to come good, and for Button to find qualifying pace. We have them right in the middle.

Vettel is no doubt in the top seat here. He will want to go off and let Alonso and Webber decided their own fates. As for Vettel, there is one rather large stumbling block. Lewis.

IMO Mclaren have the pace to win here, both drivers.

But yeah we have a great race ahead... Question is, will it rival Suzuka 2000 for excitment?

Shout out to Petrov and Rubens too! Usually with Petrov, if he's strong Friday you can tell Renault have got a good car and he's hooked up. The guy has done enough to justify keeping his seat. The last thing Renault want to do is replace him with a rookie. Either keep him, or get Kimi. They wont get any better, even with Heidfeld IMO.

Rubens again showing young Hulk the way. Im amazed Rubens continues to find speed even now! I hope Williams keeps him for next year, they'd be stupid not too!

Kobayashi come good in the end, he seems to have struggled this weekend but he's out qualified Nick and did a good job. Im just waiting for him to replace Button in a year or two :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 13, 2010 04:41PM
Posted by: gav
SchueyFan
Gav, that wasn't me that said that! ;)

Indeed. I had a Hamilton moment. ;-)

Apologies!
Date: November 13, 2010 04:54PM
Posted by: EC83
LOL, a Hamilton moment. Think that expression should become forum legend! ;)

Date: November 13, 2010 06:34PM
Posted by: ludwig
any predictions for tomorrow then?

i can see vettel winning it but missing out on the championship due to a p4 or p3 alonso. will be tough though with hamilton showing some real pace throughout the weekend so far.

just hope that, being a vettel fan, hamilton delivers this weekend and finishes ahead of alonso. just dont see BOTH button and webber getting past and staying ahead of alonso.

its alonsos to lose. hopefully itll provide a classic finish to a great season. nobody needs a procession with a ferrari calmly staying in p3 all race. would love it if it was all sorted out on track. would be great if vettel won it even if say alonso gets an engine problem, but were not going to be glued to the tv just to wait for smoke coming out of the back of a car. some real track action would be immense. no matter with what kind of result at the end of it.
Date: November 13, 2010 07:38PM
Posted by: EC83
It would be amusing if Vettel wins the title tomorrow, having never even led it outright yet but come incredibly close to it. It's also just the kind of twist this F1 season could throw up at the final race.

By the way, if Alonso wins it he'll be breaking the last significant record Ayrton Senna holds - Youngest ever triple World Champ.

Date: November 14, 2010 04:53AM
Posted by: Slash
does anybody knows if Ferrari is using Alonso engine on 100% power?
Date: November 14, 2010 10:36AM
Posted by: alexf1man
Just found out: If Vettel wins and Alonso is 5th, then Vettel is CHAMPION as he's had more 4th places :) as long as Alonso doesn't win because of Germany!
Date: November 14, 2010 10:38AM
I still think the most Monaco wins is better than the youngest triple world champion tbh.

Lewis an Massa did not get a penalty and its shaping up to be a good race with both Lewis and button saying they are going for a 1-2 and do not care about the others, if Lewis sees a gap he is going for it if he does not finish he dont care as he has to win.
Date: November 14, 2010 10:57AM
Posted by: chet
I think Mclaren have the pace to be 1-2...

The worst thing about today's race is that its the last.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy