2010 Belgian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by SchueyFan 
Re: 2010 Belgian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 30, 2010 11:19AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
It's not really slagging him off...we've all seen immaturity from him in the last couple of races and to be fair, the once immature and accident prone Hamilton has really grown up this season and has been pretty incredible. What a difference a couple of years makes.

Vettel needs to pull himself up, shut up and concentrate on getting some decent drives in. The more he endeavours to keep a low profile, the better. Trying to get a decent working relationship with Webber wouldn't go amiss either.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 30, 2010 12:26PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It was schoolboy stuff and from a guy supposedly in the championship fight - he's still got a hell of a long way to go on the evidence of yesterday (which is fair enough too - he's got plenty of years in front of him).

His point is that everybody makes these errors at some point, but Vettel is the only one getting criticised. Some of Webbers errors earlier this year were just as bad, but nobody was posting @#$%& like that were they.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 30, 2010 01:33PM
Posted by: gav
You might want to look back, as for Melbourne (for example) Webber was described as a 'prat' that he had 'lost the plot' and was 'piss-poor'.

I agree regarding the lack of consistency in the penalties though - with the driver-assisted stewards we get less discussion about the lack of consistency, but it's all still there. There is more common sense, but still the lack of consistency.
Date: August 30, 2010 01:47PM
"piss poor" would describe both Webber in Australia and Vettel in Spa. But I don't recall anyone claiming Webber should be banned (see BBC forum) or all of the childish sh*t that got posted in this thread.

Regarding the penalties, the more you look at it the more it's broken.

Webber takes out Lewis - no penalty
Webber takes out a Lotus - no penalty
Lewis violates safety car rules - no penalty until a complaint is filed, then a useless penalty is applied.
Several incidents involving cars being released dangerously in the pit lane have been ignored.
Trulli has an accident under yellow - no penalty

Going by this you'd be forgiven for thinking that they were relaxing the penalty rules, but no.

Schumacher attempts to run Barrichello into the wall - penalty
Vettel runs into Button - penalty
Vettel gets too far from the back of the safety car - penalty
Glock passes under yellow - penalty
Schumacher takes advantage of a rules loophole at Monaco - penalty

I REALLY don't understand the logic. Are they say what Vettel did at Hungary when he was too far from the safety car (which violated the letter of the rules, but not what the rule was intended for) was worse than Webbers mistake at Australia? Trulli ran into another car under yellow flag conditions, but this was seen as acceptable, whilst Glock was penalised just for passing another car under yellow.

The way penalties should work needs to be simplified. To me, Webber and Vettel should not have been penalised for the accidents they have caused. They were mistakes. Silly mistakes, but mistakes none-the-less. Penalties should be reserved for actions which purposely violate the rules or purposely create dangerous situations - Schumacher at Hungary for example.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 30, 2010 03:50PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love how some people here are bent on dissing
> Vettel whenever he gets anything wrong. Admittedly
> he screwed up badly today crashing into Jenson,
> and generally had a terrible race, but still,
> comments like "@#$%& off Vettel" and "@#$%& idiot"
> are uncalled for. It's like Dave said really,
> there are some here who obviously think
> "Woooooooooo, Vettel-slagging opportunity!"
> whenever the guy gets something wrong, and it's
> getting a bit tiresome TBH.

I don't think its just Vettel though. Hamilton, Alonso, Massa and Ferrari are also other popular targets.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 30, 2010 07:50PM
Posted by: EC83
It was schoolboy stuff and from a guy supposedly in the championship fight

Did I say it wasn't? :P

Like I say, I'm more than cool with Vettel getting criticism when he deserves it. It's the Vettel anti-fanboys here, clearly just waiting for the next excuse to bitch about him, that annoy me. It was the same after Hungary, when he repeatedly got called a "spoilt little brat" for not looking happy on the podium, even though he had good reason at that time not to be happy. There have been other times this year when he's been dissed too(even after Malaysia, when he did all he had to do to win the race, there were people here questioning how convincing his win had been). This time, when he did actually make a retarded mistake, they probably thought it was Christmas and their Birthday all at once.
And calling a driver piss-poor isn't the same as calling them "a steaming pile of crap" because they made one bad mistake and saying they should "@#$%& off to a demolition derby" or whatever, just because they had one bad race. Those kind of comments are way over the top.

@SchueyFan, I know there are other drivers who get slagged off too, but the anti-Vettel comments have a particular obnoxious venom to them most of the time, which is out of order.

It's not difficult to criticise him where criticism is due, without making stupid vitriolic comments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2010 07:53PM by EC83.
Date: August 30, 2010 08:19PM
Posted by: marcl
Christ reading stuff on here. Lewis and others have been totally slatted for doing less than what Vettel done yesterday and yet the same people that slated the others are defending him :)

I thought it was a great race, lots of twists and turns.

Lewis was so lucky to get away with going off the track, was almost another China situation. But tbh many drivers made errors a few year ago Kubica would have been out the race as well by going off.

Vettel what can you say yet another error I just dont know what he was doing, I said 3 laps before the crash that he would hot button and he did.

Webber drove a great race, done what he needed to do.

Ms and Nico made me laugh, good on Nico for not giving up. Had the 2 started higher up they could have grabbed a top 3 maybe.

Sutil needs a top car now.

Next race for Alonso, Vettel and Button is vital.
Date: August 30, 2010 11:26PM
Posted by: EC83
marcl Wrote:
> Next race for Alonso, Vettel and Button is vital.

Oh definitely. Vettel's mess-up which took Jenson out could actually have realistically ended both their title chances, even this early - considering they both have teammates who are the two current top title contenders, and they were both behind their respective teammates even before this weekend. Now they've suddenly fallen pretty far behind. It all depends on what happens in the next race or two, like you say. It's important for them that they catch up ASAP, obviously.

Alonso just has to go balls-out constantly from now on.

Date: August 31, 2010 12:00AM
Posted by: Slash
nvooght Wrote:
though with
> Luizzi im not sure what else he could have gone he
> had the inside line and so was naturally drift out
> wider than normal.

you can see in the slow mo replay, Vettel looking the mirror and turning wide on purpose to try and push Liuzzi wide to force him to slow down and leave him the line.... pretty much what Kimi did with Hamilton in 2008, but instead of going off Liuzzi stayed put
Date: August 31, 2010 12:23AM
Posted by: nvooght
Slash Wrote:
> nvooght Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> though with
> > Luizzi im not sure what else he could have gone
> he
> > had the inside line and so was naturally drift
> out
> > wider than normal.
>
> you can see in the slow mo replay, Vettel looking
> the mirror and turning wide on purpose to try and
> push Liuzzi wide to force him to slow down and
> leave him the line.... pretty much what Kimi did
> with Hamilton in 2008, but instead of going off
> Liuzzi stayed put

Ah well fair enough, probably wasnt the best idea hes had then (Vettel), but I havnt seen the slow mo so not sure how extreme it was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 01:08AM by nvooght.
Date: August 31, 2010 12:25AM
Slash Wrote:
> nvooght Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> though with
> > Luizzi im not sure what else he could have gone
> he
> > had the inside line and so was naturally drift
> out
> > wider than normal.
>
> you can see in the slow mo replay, Vettel looking
> the mirror and turning wide on purpose to try and
> push Liuzzi wide to force him to slow down and
> leave him the line.... pretty much what Kimi did
> with Hamilton in 2008, but instead of going off
> Liuzzi stayed put

Well Liuzzi would be in a blind spot at that point, and it'd all happen way too fast for that to be intentional. Sorry, but looking at the slow mo, Vettel was running wide having taken a tighter line in. Liuzzi lost the place long before that. Hanging on on the outside like that was never going to work.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 31, 2010 01:50AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i am a MS fan, but i just wanna say that at monza you will see how worthy champion alonso is. i bet he will drive the race of the season for him and just in the most crutial moment.
Date: August 31, 2010 05:09AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, no one could touch Alonso at Monza in 2007. Let's see what he can do this year.
Date: August 31, 2010 09:04AM
Even though alonso dropped the car in spa you have to give him credit for pushing like that, he was driving flat out the whole race in a car that must have been damaged and could have broken at any time.

The new points system is working and one win and a dnf for webber and Lewis will see the others close right up again. The bad thing for alonso is it has taken him 3 races to close right up and in 1 race he lost it all again.
Date: August 31, 2010 10:59AM
Posted by: chet
Vettel showed inexperience and impatience is all...

Good race, Lewis was... Lewis.

Im stuck here, Button's not gonna be WDC, it will be Lewis or Webber now imo, but I dont know who I want to win. Id love Lewis to do it, but realize Webber might not get another chance, and he's one of the best guys on the grid and would be the best WDC for a long while...

My vote, has to be Webber then.

GO WEBBER!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 31, 2010 11:33AM
Posted by: watercolours
Massa's start position.

[www.dailymotion.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 11:34AM by watercolours.
Date: August 31, 2010 12:23PM
And Massa got away with that lol
Date: August 31, 2010 01:04PM
Posted by: phantaman
;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: August 31, 2010 09:05PM
Posted by: airefresco
They mentioned several times on spanish commentary about Massa missing his position. They said he was 2 metres over, but I don´t think it was as much as that. Thing is, how come none of the stewards noticed, yet TV commentators did?
Date: August 31, 2010 10:58PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Live and let live I spose.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy