Date: September 01, 2010 11:02AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
airefresco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They mentioned several times on spanish commentary
> about Massa missing his position. They said he
> was 2 metres over, but I don´t think it was as
> much as that. Thing is, how come none of the
> stewards noticed, yet TV commentators did?

video: [&feature=player_embedded]

Have to say, I have a couple of members here on Facebook and I'm really disappointed at the abuse they post against Vettel. When Webber was wiping out cars and Lewis was crashing in pit lanes this sort of racist abuse was never posted. Now he's a stupid kruat, and is pathetic for crashing. Just unbelievable amount of hate that Vettel mistakes managed to bring out despite him being one of the least offensive drivers on the grid. I'm actually disappointed at a lot of people.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: 2010 Belgian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 01, 2010 11:50AM
Posted by: chet
I think about the internet the comments to him have been harsh.

He didnt intentionally take out Button or put Button at risk, the way say Schumacher did with Rubens at Hungary.

The incident was a pure racing incident, and even as a Button bumer, and Vettel hater I dont have any issues against him about that move.

The way I see it now is that both drivers could be out of the WDC, in the bigger picture it effected Vettel as much as Button, and thats penalty enough for me ;-)!

Supprised at the abuse dave, is it people from the forum or just facebook in general?

edit - though...

[joesaward.wordpress.com]

:p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2010 11:55AM by chet.
Date: September 01, 2010 12:07PM
Supprised at the abuse dave, is it people from the forum or just facebook in general?

Bit of both.

I will clarify, that the accident was 100% Vettels fault. But I've never seen such abuse for any accidental incident. :-\

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 01, 2010 01:08PM
Posted by: EC83
I saw the anti-Vettel group that was set up on Facebook after the Turkish GP, and the number of idiots joining it and posting abuse about him. I actually facepalmed.

Date: September 01, 2010 01:51PM
Supprised at that, there have been far worse incidents... And as I say, Vettels put JB out the hunt now (pretty much!) but also himself...

edit -

thing with Vettel is that ive seen no increase in maturity as a race driver. Lewis seems to have rid of his silly mistakes, and even Webber has improved over the two years. But the same faults Vettel had last year, he's still got this year.

It cost him a challenge last year, and likewise this year. Alot can still happen, but at it stands Vettel has underperformed against both Webber and Lewis, who aside from Kubica have been the stars of 2010.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2010 01:56PM by chet.
Date: September 01, 2010 03:52PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I will clarify, that the accident was 100% Vettels
> fault. But I've never seen such abuse for any
> accidental incident. :-\

Not to the same extent, but I think Kimi at Monaco 2008 got a similar reaction from many.

airefresco Wrote:
> They mentioned several times on spanish commentary
> about Massa missing his position. They said he
> was 2 metres over, but I don´t think it was as
> much as that. Thing is, how come none of the
> stewards noticed, yet TV commentators did?

It depends on the position of the commentary box and of race control I suppose.

There is also supposed to be an electronic system to detect people outside their gridbox, but that obviously didn't work this time.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 01, 2010 06:27PM
and even Webber has improved over the two years.

Webber made some ridiculous errors this year though. He's gotten it together in the second half of this season no doubt, but you can hardly say his first half of the season was anything but terrible.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 01, 2010 06:55PM
Posted by: gav
chet
And as I say, Vettels put JB out the hunt now (pretty much!) but also himself...

The good thing for Vettel is that he's got the fastest car and he's (generally) faster than his teammate who is more than capable of @#$%& it up royally.

The opposite applies for Button - the car may be anywhere between 1st and 3rd quickest, circuit dependant, but he's been consistently slower than his teammate and hasn't made any inroads in recent months.

Webber might well throw it away yet, but in my opinion it's less likely for Hamilton to do so given the chance - indeed Hamilton is my favourite for the title at the moment, despite the final 5 races being less suited to the McLaren.
Date: September 01, 2010 07:14PM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
DaveEllis écrivait:
> Supprised at the abuse dave, is it people from the
> forum or just facebook in general?
>
> Bit of both.
>
> I will clarify, that the accident was 100% Vettels
> fault. But I've never seen such abuse for any
> accidental incident. :-\

Maybe it's because he had an accident with Webber not a long time ago, and with all the story about him being favoured by RedBull Racing, people is reacting much more than if it was another driver.

And a lot of people are Alonso or Hamilton fans, so when they can't blame those drivers, then they blame Vettel ;)
Date: September 01, 2010 07:17PM
Posted by: Guimengo
To me it looks like Vettel never recovered from not winning the first 3 rounds. He and Webber went on opposite directions, Vettel throwing it off and not matching pace while Webber now finishes strong and doesn't ram other people.

On Speed TV they made a great comparison of Vettel with G. Villeneuve and to me it applies quite well.
Date: September 01, 2010 07:54PM
Posted by: EC83
Guimengo Wrote:
> On Speed TV they made a great comparison of Vettel
> with G. Villeneuve and to me it applies quite
> well.

Hmm yeah, I see what you're getting at.
I get the feeling Vettel has been trying too hard to make up for the points and results he missed out on early in the season with his reliability problems. It looks like he's been putting too much pressure on himself to win/lead races, grab the first overtaking opportunity that comes along etc. Probably with additional pressure he's feeling to win the title after the great season he had last year. Then he screws up something he would've pulled off nicely if feeling more relaxed, then feels more pressure to not screw up again, etc etc. Vicious circle. That's the impression I'm getting anyway.

Date: September 01, 2010 08:18PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
DaveEllis Wrote:
>
> Have to say, I have a couple of members here on
> Facebook and I'm really disappointed at the abuse
> they post against Vettel.

Can I add you? (I'm kidding, I don't obsess over friend numbers :) )

I think that the fact that Button is a Brit that many of the people, in the UK anyway, got a bit hotheaded.

But you can see that Vettel is under pressure. In qualifying, he can hurl that car around without 23 other cars to worry about. When it comes to the race, though, is when it matters. Some drivers respond positively to pressure, some don't. Vettel is a bit overzealous at times admittedly, but back in the day, Hamilton was like that and he's impressed me this year. Vettel will learn, he's young and he's got pace. He'll learn racecraft and patience later on. I think that drivers who started off in @#$%& teams like Minardi grow up quicker as they have to put in the development early to make the car less inferior to the rest of the field. Webber and Alonso have had that, Button also with Benetton. The growing-up phase will happen soon.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 02, 2010 11:05PM
gav Wrote:
> > And as I say, Vettels put JB out the hunt now
> (pretty much!) but also himself...
>
>
> The good thing for Vettel is that he's got the
> fastest car and he's (generally) faster than his
> teammate who is more than capable of @#$%& it up
> royally.
>
> The opposite applies for Button - the car may be
> anywhere between 1st and 3rd quickest, circuit
> dependant, but he's been consistently slower than
> his teammate and hasn't made any inroads in recent
> months.
>
> Webber might well throw it away yet, but in my
> opinion it's less likely for Hamilton to do so
> given the chance - indeed Hamilton is my favourite
> for the title at the moment, despite the final 5
> races being less suited to the McLaren.

Fair points...

I think, if Mclaren and/or Lewis can win Monza, then he has a strong chance. if somehow Mclaren and/or Lewis do not take a 1-2 or a win, then they are going to make life very difficult for themselves because of the car addvantage RedBull has.

Still, this will be Hamiltons 3rd title attack, Webbers 1st... That must be a huge addvantage. Lewis has mde things difficult twice, in 07 and 08. He wont make that mistake this year, and so far hasnt.

Like you, and Dave say, Webber is prone to mistakes, but I think my moneys on him.

Unless Alonso pulls something special in the next two races id say he's out baring mistakes from Lewis or Webber. Which is a shame because of the top guys in cars he's the only one in a title who could take it to Lewis in a way which would pressure Lewis IMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy