2010 Belgian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by SchueyFan 
Re: 2010 Belgian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 29, 2010 03:59PM
Posted by: nvooght
I think saying Vettels a cock is a bit harsh, but admittedly he had a very poor race, though with Luizzi im not sure what else he could have gone he had the inside line and so was naturally drift out wider than normal.

Were people going this nuts at Webber when he took out Hamilton in Austrailia? I cant remember.

Date: August 29, 2010 04:02PM
Posted by: Slash
agree gav, and also Petrov, he didn't do much but along with Michael they gained more positions than anyone else...
Michael as usual made a great start of the race, at the end of lap 1 it seemed as if he wasn't penalized at all. Merecdes might have scored with both cars but it's not reality, they really need to step up a bit. i hope they have something for Monza

Vettel was a clear dissaster, Webber made up for the start and Lewis won the race yesterday, at the same time Alonso lost his

ps: poor Rubens, not the way he wanted to celebrate his 300 gp... one of his shortests
Date: August 29, 2010 04:06PM
Posted by: gav
nvooght
I think saying Vettels a cock is a bit harsh

Not is a cock - I like Vettel - but he was a cock today. They were schoolboy errors.
Date: August 29, 2010 04:07PM
Posted by: alonso0506
well on 1 side im happy cause robert did very well do get 3rd (should have been 2nd) and vitaly for getting 9th from back but fernando`s error was @#$%&. and just like petrov in quali losing it on the curb of the exit of the corner. now about 40 points behind lewis and webber gonna be tough for championship but i pray to god and hope for some great results in the nxt race to keep the chance alive. Overall great race and exciting espacially the vettel moments with button crash(sorry for jenson) the liuzzi tyre thing so at least 1 thing to cheer for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: August 29, 2010 04:10PM
At least Alonso wasn't testing how much water was on the kerbs when he crashed. ;)
Date: August 29, 2010 04:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Fernando's crash was almost identical to his crash in Fuji 2007 (at least my memory of it). It cost him the championship then...

While the 2007 Bus Stop upgrade may have been widely criticised, it certainly provided a lot of action today!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 29, 2010 04:16PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I don't understand the criteria needed to penalise a driver for an accident. Clearly the stewards decided Vettel taking out a car was worth a penalty. They also decided that dangerous driving was worth a penalty (Schumacher at Hungry). So if we look at these incidents and apply the penalties to other incidents then it doesn't add up. Was Webber penalised for hitting Lewis at Albert Park? Or even the Lotus at Valencia? No, but these accidents were 100% his fault, so why is it not a penalty? I'm not saying it should be a penalty, but I don't understand at what point an accident becomes bad enough to require a penalty.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 29, 2010 04:33PM
Posted by: J i m
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gav, Its ironic how the Ferrari race turned out
> considering our conversation yesterday! I'll take
> that bet now if you want ;)

I was thinking... 9 out of 10 forumers would be saying "And off goes Massa!" when I saw Alonso there.

I do think that ultimately people are a little bit harsh on Massa on the whole.

Date: August 29, 2010 05:18PM
Posted by: Gigi4

It's incredible Alonso's Ferrari had no damages after this collision :-o

============================================================

BTW, why my signature changed to </spam>?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 05:21PM by Gigi4.
Date: August 29, 2010 05:34PM
Posted by: WestPunx
Gigi4 Wrote:
> [www.formula1.com]
> elgium/sunpic7.jpg
>
> It's incredible Alonso's Ferrari had no damages
> after this collision :-o
>
> ==================================================
> ==========
>
> BTW, why my signature changed to ?

Are you kidding? Look at that scratch!

EDIT: That could actually be a sponsor logo...tough ferrari paint!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 05:37PM by WestPunx.
Date: August 29, 2010 05:42PM
Posted by: Gigi4
WestPunx Wrote:
> Gigi4 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> [www.formula1.com]
>
> > elgium/sunpic7.jpg
> >
> > It's incredible Alonso's Ferrari had no damages
> > after this collision :-o
> >
> >
> ==================================================
>
> > ==========
> >
> > BTW, why my signature changed to ?
>
> Are you kidding? Look at that scratch!
>
> EDIT: That could actually be a sponsor
> logo...tough ferrari paint!

Anyway, I wouldn't worry so much about scratches on a race car, for damages I meants what happened to Button after the crash with Vettel (more or less in the same part of the car).

Date: August 29, 2010 06:04PM
Posted by: Lex
Something tells me that was a joke.

Great race today! I was sad when I saw Rubens out though; I was hoping he had just fallen to the back of the grid until I saw he had lost a wheel. Maybe he could have been 4th or 5th.

Lewis did a fantastic drive, though he could have lost it all on Rivage (was I hoping for a China 2007 v2.0 ;)).

Webber was also great. I thought his scoring chances were gone after the start, but he made an excellent recovery.

Kubica desperately needs to be in a top team. He's been driving the hell out of that Renault; unfortunately the car isn't strong enough to win on its own.

Force India once again was strong in Belgium. I wonder how fast they're going to be in Monza.

After he said that, of the top 5 drivers in the standings, he has 50% chance of being WDC, I'm glad that Alonso didn't score today and Massa had a strong finish. Hockenheim corrected, it's 134 to 116.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: August 29, 2010 06:38PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
nvooght Wrote:

> Were people going this nuts at Webber when he took
> out Hamilton in Austrailia? I cant remember.

That was totally different, Alonso squeezed Hamilton and both of them were slow into the corner and off-line, Webber didn't know this and crashed into Hamilton..
Date: August 29, 2010 06:41PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
What a great race. It's always nice to see how the weather spices things up.

Lewis, Mark and Robert all had good races; admittedly faults crept into their drives but all round they were very good. Jenson also looked good until Vettel showed more impetuousness and let significant errors occur. Sutil was absolutely mighty today too, as he pitted and steamed past the Mercedes boys and Kobayashi, who all made points finishes out of bad starting places, as did Petrov.

Rotten luck for Rubens. Just goes to show fairytales rarely happen in F1.

Also a mention to Felipe, who never had the pace to hustle the leaders but nevertheless picked up some solid points and kept largely off the radar.

Edit - Liuzzi got the last point as well after it was taken off Alguersuari. After he had his endplate taken off by Vettel, he gets something back for his efforts.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 06:54PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: August 30, 2010 01:23AM
Posted by: EC83
I love how some people here are bent on dissing Vettel whenever he gets anything wrong. Admittedly he screwed up badly today crashing into Jenson, and generally had a terrible race, but still, comments like "@#$%& off Vettel" and "@#$%& idiot" are uncalled for. It's like Dave said really, there are some here who obviously think "Woooooooooo, Vettel-slagging opportunity!" whenever the guy gets something wrong, and it's getting a bit tiresome TBH.

Great drive by Lewis. Controlled the race nicely and did all he had to do. His boob at Rivage was understandable in the conditions, and he did well not to let it rattle him. Deserved win.

Solid drive by Mark after his problem at the start, kept himself nicely in contention for the title.

Kubica generally epic all weekend, thoroughly deserved his podium. The only thing he did wrong all weekend was overshooting at his pitstop.

Jenson, of course, just plain unlucky.

Good solid drive by Massa, did a very good job with what he had. Strong drive to 4th.

Date: August 30, 2010 05:20AM
Posted by: Slash
it's the same with Michael EC, and we've been clearly seeing it this year.... everybody wants a piece when you're one of the populars

with Vettel it's not the exception, last year a lot of people wanted him to win because they felt he was the "better driver". everybody was expecting him to dominate this year, specially after receiving the Christmas gift of having the best car on the grid... but as we've seen he doesn't seem that effective, and his teammate who's clearly not as highly rated as him is clearly doing the better job
Vettel is usually rated as a top 3 driver along with Lewis and Alonso, but with the best car on the grid he's obviously not on that league yet

so it all adds up making him an easy target when he puts himself in the bullseye
Date: August 30, 2010 06:44AM
Posted by: EC83
It's not the criticism of Vettel per se that I have a problem with. If he messes something up, like he did here, he deserves criticism where it's due for it. It's the way it's been done - and the attitude of the comments about him - that gets up my nose. You can make logical criticisms of the guy and his driving, without resorting to "@#$%& you Vettel"-type comments.

Date: August 30, 2010 10:01AM
I'll call anyone out if they've messed up - it makes no difference to me who it is.

He was a cock today.

I'm just waiting to see what Chet writes.... that's going to be OTT. ;-)
Date: August 30, 2010 10:14AM
Posted by: J i m
Hmmm yea... nah people are fickle... Had Vettel not lost control and managed go around the outside of Button at the bus-stop then everyone would have been saying what an epically awesome a move it'd been. It was hero or zero stuff, Vettel got it wrong and paid the price that's all there is to it.

I'm not convinced that Button's relative lack of pace was all down to a damaged wing either...certainly it didn't help especially at stavelot but all weekend he was losing chunks to Hamilton in sector 2, he probably over defended at the bus-stop, the likely hood was that he'd have dropped behind the chasing pack to behind Massa anyway during the pits when they'd change the wing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2010 10:17AM by J i m.
Date: August 30, 2010 10:42AM
It's one thing attempting an epic move, but it's another darting out from behind someone when already braking - fair enough if he'd missed Button, all he'd have done was lost time... but he didn't.

It was schoolboy stuff and from a guy supposedly in the championship fight - he's still got a hell of a long way to go on the evidence of yesterday (which is fair enough too - he's got plenty of years in front of him).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy