Posted by: Slash
matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.formula1.com]
> 2010&inptT=Race%20Edit
>
> A few more team radio's I don't think were
> broadcast during the race.

hmm interesting.. doesn't that radio communication in Mclaren suggest there were team orders?... pretty much like Spa 1998 with Ralf and Damon?.. no overtaking and stuff... anyways

i'm no Red Bull racing fan but those images are too dramatic to watch... i feel sorry for them and ironically i want to see them loose all the races.. ha!
Re: The Turkish Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: June 05, 2010 09:55PM
Posted by: Muks_C
aha, so now after hearing the team radio from McLaren, i can see why Lewis looked so pissed off after the race. i had always suspected his demeanour was due to Jenson's pass and thought it might have been because they told Lewis to slow down but didn't tell JB the same (nothing to do with Lewis just becoming a calmer individual as DC kept harping on about).

so either JB didn't follow team orders to slow enough, or they didn't tell him not to pass Lewis if he caught him.

and i bet that's what Paddy Lowe whispered in Lewis's ear before they went onto the podium, not to cause a fuss about it and they'll discuss it later.

and JB must have said something along the lines of "they only told me to save fuel, not that i shouldn't try to pass you if i catch you." whereas Lewis was of the understanding that JB would not try to pass him if they both slowed.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2010 12:39AM by Muks_C.
Date: June 05, 2010 10:33PM
Posted by: EC83
Certainly an interesting read, and yeah Muks, that sounds about right to me too.

Date: June 05, 2010 11:55PM
Posted by: msater
Good theory Muks, sounds right.

I agree that Vettel is the future of Red Bull and F1, but Mark is now a championship challenger atm. Both should be treated fairly IMHO.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: June 07, 2010 11:36AM
Posted by: matt3454
Strangely enough, Webber has signed a contract today to drive for Red Bull again next year.

Date: June 07, 2010 11:46AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Honestly, I don't think it's that strange. I think people and press were looking much deeper for a problem which didn't really exist. Marks comments were made in the heat of the moment (similar to Rubens blah blah comments), so those just added to the conspiracy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 07, 2010 12:05PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
and also the fact that there were no other realistic options for Webber that were any better than even being a slightly number 2 driver at Red Bull.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 07, 2010 12:46PM
Posted by: mcdo
matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Strangely enough, Webber has signed a contract
> today to drive for Red Bull again next year.

Nay strange. I read a quote from Horner, might have been just after Malaysia, stating that contract negotiations b/w Red Bull and Mark would be a "very short conversation" and the context was 'we want you'.

Post Malaysia, Webber has made his re-signing look obvious.

Vettel is a future of Red Bull, if they hang on to him, but who would they realistically replace Webber with and get the sort of results they're getting this year?
Date: June 07, 2010 01:05PM
Posted by: gav
According to the rumours, he was being courted by Ferrari to replace Massa, but presumably that will be a step back next year still.

If he's signed then presumably Red Bull have had clear the air talks and given him assurances that he's on totally equal terms to Vettel... the almost universal outcry from the media may have spurred that along at a little quicker, and there's nothing to satisfy the hoards better than for the Red Bull fall guy to have signed a new contract with them.

Speaking of Massa, after Rossi's broken leg there is increased speculation that he'll quit bikes and try to get into F1 in the next couple of years. I'm presuming that's just people presuming things given that he's had a nasty accident and nothing more. When he does quit bikes, he's far more likely to turn to rallying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 01:06PM by gav.
Date: June 16, 2010 05:15PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Check this wonderful video I have found on Youtube:

Click here to download (115mb)

EDIT: This is NOT my video, all I did was find a website and convert it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 06:32PM by alexf1man.
Date: June 16, 2010 05:26PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
its just copied from f1.com - and it has already been discussed last page.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 16, 2010 06:31PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Yes but it works in VLC Media Player if you wish to download the video in my previous post, before it's inevitably taken off Youtube.
Date: June 16, 2010 07:14PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, but it's on the F1 webpage in better quality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy