Date: June 03, 2010 08:30AM
Posted by: Morbid
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> apparently Jenson asked Webber about the incident
> and he said "we just clipped tyres a bit" and then
> Lewis said "no not really, Vettel ram into him"

Rubbish!

At the press conference, while Jenson was being interviewed, you can see Lewis asking Webber "what happened?". They obviously believe that the camera is zoomed in on Jenson while in actual fact it is zoomed out, clearly showing their conversation. Webber proceeds to explain to Lewis, mimicking the incident with his hands, like a little boy showing the manoeuvres of air planes in a top gun dogfight. When Jenson stops talking they snap back at the ready for the camera.

This would not have happened, if Lewis and Webber already had done that conversation before the podium. So what you say cannot be true.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2010 08:31AM by Morbid.
Re: The Turkish Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: June 03, 2010 11:52AM
Posted by: gav
He was referring to the chat they had before the podium, where they all get their hats and watches and things.

Just had a listen, but even with headphones and the volume turned up, I can't make out what they were saying. There's too much ambient noise from the track announcer.

Here's an MKV file of the interview for those who don't have it.

Right click, save target as. 13mb.

If you can't play MP4/MKV files yet, download Media Player Classic - Home Cinema or VLC
Date: June 03, 2010 01:09PM
Posted by: Slasher
Slasher
Red Bull know that Vettel is the future for them and Mark isnt. It makes marketing sense for Vettel to win the championship, it would be wise in Red Bulls eyes to keep Vettel happy so he doesnt rack off to another team, HE IS THEIR FUTURE. So lets tell Mark he has fuel problems even though he pitted AFTER Vettel and they all ran together for 27 laps where fuel consumption should be similar.

And after writing the above a few days ago, what do i see in the press?

[en.espnf1.com]

Surprise, surprise!!!
Date: June 03, 2010 01:43PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Slasher Wrote:
> > Red Bull know that Vettel is the future for them
> and Mark isnt. It makes marketing sense for Vettel
> to win the championship, it would be wise in Red
> Bulls eyes to keep Vettel happy so he doesnt rack
> off to another team, HE IS THEIR FUTURE. So lets
> tell Mark he has fuel problems even though he
> pitted AFTER Vettel and they all ran together for
> 27 laps where fuel consumption should be similar.
>
>
>
>
> And after writing the above a few days ago, what
> do i see in the press?
>
> [en.espnf1.com]
> 4.html
>
> Surprise, surprise!!!

That is uncanny...and it does make for interesting reading as well.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: June 03, 2010 01:44PM
gav Wrote:
> He was referring to the chat they had before the
> podium, where they all get their hats and watches
> and things.
>
> Just had a listen, but even with headphones and
> the volume turned up, I can't make out what they
> were saying. There's too much ambient noise from
> the track announcer.

From 0.56: Mark and Jenson exchanges a few words, that cannot be heard. Lewis arrives at 1.01 and joins the talk at 1.05, asking Webber something, to which the answer is a few words in disjointed sentences. Jenson picks it up at 1.10:

Jenson (to Lewis): Not really, they told, all they said to me was...

(1.13) Lewis: no no (nods towards camera, while pointing at Mark) no no no

(1.14) Jenson: Okay (very small laugh) I mean...

(1.15) Lewis: What I was (points to camera again with thumb)... Vettel came up inside him (makes collision motion)... (short pause) Are you ready?

(1.22) (everybody walks onto podium)

Commentator mentions: Lewis just realizing the camera was listening.

After seeing horners comment on webber( The "webber ask team for vettel to back-off" before the accident happen, it sounds like he is more on vettel's side. wtf why the staff in motorsport always tricked by germans, schumacher at ferrari, vettel at redbull. whats next hitler and fia.
Date: June 03, 2010 03:20PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Don't run away with it mate. You may make your name caviar poo.
Date: June 03, 2010 08:04PM
Posted by: senna9194
RebelWithoutaCause Wrote:
> After seeing horners comment on webber( The
> "webber ask team for vettel to back-off" before
> the accident happen, it sounds like he is more on
> vettel's side. wtf why the staff in motorsport
> always tricked by germans, schumacher at ferrari,
> vettel at redbull. whats next hitler and fia.

for now there's De Gaulle at the lead of the FIA;)

schumacher is one of the best drivers in F1.and vettel grown at schumacher's kart track(at kerpen).he's one of the best drivers this year.it's not true what you said;-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 03, 2010 10:13PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Check out the picture below! For all who thought the Red Bull crash was dramatic, added action to the race, or was very funny.

Date: June 03, 2010 11:24PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
ahh this picture...always remembers me the moment when I could not stop laughing about it...great
Date: June 03, 2010 11:48PM
Problem was, I was having a nice bit of roast lamb at the time of the crash, and only knew when to look when Jonathan Legard's voice got to that overexcitable tone. Cheers Jonathan.

Mosley's been kicking up a stink as well. He's blamed Webber for the crash (which is a bit rich owing to many, many years of mistakes in charge of the FIA). Let's be honest though, (insert Nazi orgy joke here).

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: June 03, 2010 11:50PM
Incident 2k9
Problem was, I was having a nice bit of roast lamb at the time of the crash, and only knew when to look when Jonathan Legard's voice got to that overexcitable tone.

One of us should probably tell you what happened then.
Date: June 04, 2010 09:20AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Morbid Wrote:
> From 0.56: Mark and Jenson exchanges a few words,
> that cannot be heard. Lewis arrives at 1.01 and
> joins the talk at 1.05, asking Webber something,
> to which the answer is a few words in disjointed
> sentences. Jenson picks it up at 1.10:
>
> Jenson (to Lewis): Not really, they told, all they
> said to me was...
>
> (1.13) Lewis: no no (nods towards camera, while
> pointing at Mark) no no no
>
> (1.14) Jenson: Okay (very small laugh) I mean...
>
> (1.15) Lewis: What I was (points to camera again
> with thumb)... Vettel came up inside him (makes
> collision motion)... (short pause) Are you ready?
>
> (1.22) (everybody walks onto podium)
>
> Commentator mentions: Lewis just realizing the
> camera was listening.

By the looks of it, there were 2 different conversations there.

Firstly Jenson and Lewis were discussing their own late-race battle. I think Jenson is saying to Lewis at 1:10 - all they told me was to save fuel (i.e. nothing about holding position). I think Lewis said something to Jenson down at Parc Ferme, and Jenson was responding to that.

Then they get back on to the Webber/Vettel discussion.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 04, 2010 12:49PM
You might be right.

Date: June 04, 2010 01:43PM
gav Wrote:
> > Problem was, I was having a nice bit of roast
> lamb at the time of the crash, and only knew when
> to look when Jonathan Legard's voice got to that
> overexcitable tone.
>
>
> One of us should probably tell you what happened
> then.

They replayed it many times, so I have seen it.

Date: June 04, 2010 02:44PM
Posted by: matt3454
[www.formula1.com]

A few more team radio's I don't think were broadcast during the race.

Date: June 04, 2010 03:01PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
That was a bit of a messy radioing from McLaren. Very weird stuff.
Date: June 04, 2010 03:11PM
Incident 2k9
They replayed it many times, so I have seen it.

I think you missed that one. ;-)
Date: June 04, 2010 10:15PM
Posted by: EC83
Red Bull bury the hatchet

'S*** happens…' reads a press release from Red Bull Racing on Thursday afternoon, accompanied by the above photo to confirm that Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber have placed their differences aside following a meeting with Team Principal Christian Horner, Chief Designer Adrian Newey and team advisor Helmut Marko.

[f1.gpupdate.net]

Positive early signs; hopefully this is being sorted out as it happens, and not being brushed under the carpet. As things stand, I have faith in Horner to be able to keep on top of the situation, and in both drivers to learn something from this.

Date: June 05, 2010 04:53PM
Posted by: LS.
Dunno if this has been posted during this thread or not, but an interesting read

James Allen

Last year after the race at the Nurburgring, I went into the Red Bull motorhome to congratulate Mark Webber on his first Formula 1 victory.

There was no sign of Webber, but team principal Christian Horner and Dr Helmut Marko were deep in conversation next to the bar. Both looked pretty serious. Webber had won the race while Vettel had finished second, largely due to being rather tentative in qualifying, where he ended up fourth. I watched him very closely that weekend and spoke to him several times and I felt that he was really feeling the pressure of a home Grand Prix where you are expected to win.

Mark Webber’s partner Ann Neal came out of the drivers’ area and walked across the room. One of the team said something like, “Isn’t it fantastic, Mark’s win?” To which she replied rather tartly, “I’m glad someone around here is pleased.” And indeed it did seem more like a wake than a celebration.

Things have moved on and in Monaco two weeks ago the team were certainly celebrating.

But Red Bull has invested a great deal of money in its driver development programme and Sebastian Vettel is what they have to show for it. There are others coming through, like Daniel Ricciardo, but for the moment, Vettel is justifying the spend. Dr Marko is in charge of it and he reports directly to the Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz. From close observation of the team and its workings, Horner is constantly having to justify decisions and plans to Marko.

Vettel came out on top in the inter team battle last season and looked like he was on target to do the same this year, but then things changed. Webber was furious with himself after losing the lead to Vettel at the start in Malaysia and he has had a long talk with himself and come out fighting.

Webber’s performances in Spain and Monaco were as good as anything any driver in today’s field could produce and he didn’t give Vettel a chance in either race.

The team satisfied themselves and Vettel that the reason for Vettel’s relative lack of pace (and we are talking about fractions of a second here) was some damage to his chassis, so he was given a new one for Turkey.

The team tries to be fair in the way it treats both drivers. They both had new parts fitted to the cars on Saturday, Vettel’s arriving before Webber’s but nevertheless the cars were the same during qualifying.

But there was a suspicion tonight that in the laps leading up to their collision on lap 40, Vettel may have been given more favourable conditions than Webber and may have had more engine revs at his disposal. And it may have been because he was under threat from Hamilton.

“In the situation Sebastian was in, he had no other choice than to act the way he did, ” said Marko on F1.com. “We informed Mark about the situation and it is for the driver to decide. The fact is that if Sebastian hadn’t passed he would have been overtaken by Hamilton. Unfortunately, Mark was not told about the situation accurately by his race engineer.”

Analysis of the race history shows that for the seven laps leading up to the incident, Hamilton was a constant 1.2 seconds behind Vettel.

Christian Horner has been under pressure today and it took him a while to get his line together. Initially he chose to apportion blame on both drivers, but after team meetings his stance seemed to shift towards blaming Webber. He confirmed that Vettel did have more revs available at the time – and that he was happier on the hard tyres – and that was because Webber had used more fuel in the early stages of the race than Vettel, who was able to save some in Hamilton’s slipstream. Vettel had one kilogramme more fuel.

So around lap 38 Vettel was allowed to be on a more potent fuel mix than Webber. Managing the fuel load to the end is one of the disciplines of F1 in 2010 and it seems that teams have been cutting it finer and finer so as not to carry any extra weight.

Today the lap times were fast as the track had rubbered in a lot since practice so the cars were using more fuel than predicted. At various stages everyone had to take care.

Vettel used the moment when he had more revs than his team mate to attack. Is it fair? Should Webber have been allowed more revs to resist, should Red Bull have told them to hold station with only 18 laps to go and a 1-2 in sight? But would that have given Hamilton a golden chance to pass Vettel?

These are the things which will be discussed internally in the coming days. Clearly they need some kind of agreement as to how they will manage engine and fuel use as it contributed to a calamity today. There will also be a new rule established in case of one team mate making a pass on another, to allow each other more room. With that extra room Vettel would have passed Webber today.

Was it because the team favoured Vettel? Did they have a finger on the scales? The only way to know is to look at Red Bull’s fuel data and see where they both were on fuel at the time. To insiders this will be obvious, to outsiders it will be hard to discover.

Vettel is entitled to feel frustrated by his season so far, he should be ahead in the championship but for reliability problems in Bahrain and Australia and also in Spain. It was his car again which proved fragile this weekend when a broken roll bar linkage caused him to lose his shot at pole position. That tipped the balance in Webber’s favour 4-3 in qualifying this year. Today Vettel was recovering from that.

By lap 40 he had got himself in a position to challenge and he went for it. But Webber didn’t make it easy for him, leaving his car well to the left and forcing Vettel to come down the narrow strip of tarmac on the inside, the “dirty side” as Horner described it. He described the lack of room left as the “large mistake” and said that the team wanted to win the race, implying that Vettel offered their best chance of doing that, at that stage. But he also admitted that Vettel came across too early to seal the deal. Vettel was too eager to finish the move before he’d done all the work and they touched.

In Webber’s mind at that moment would have been the start at Sepang, where he let Vettel through too easily. In a tight psychological battle between team mates, he would not want that to happen twice. He would also have been aware that as he was in fuel save mode, Vettel had suddenly started gaining on him at three tenths of a second per lap.

But there is more to it than that; it doesn’t explain why Vettel’s car move to the right. Vettel says he “lost the car” and it does seem that perhaps the car got light over a bump. In the normal run of things it would not have been a problem, but because they were so close, that was enough to take him into the side of Webber’s car.

So where do they got from here? Well, although he says it will be sorted out by Montreal, it will certainly be tough for Horner to paper over the cracks and manage the expectations of his drivers, as it was at McLaren with Hamilton and Alonso in 2007.

Webber is a gnarly old pro and is doing his talking on the track, not making it easy for his young team mate, while Vettel will know deep down that he has to make up for this incident in Turkey as quickly as possible.

The next major crunch will come at Silverstone where the Red Bull should be untouchable on the many high speed corners. Last year Vettel dominated Webber. He will feel intense pressure to do the same.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy