The Turkish Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by tozequio 
Re: The Turkish Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 30, 2010 03:05PM
Posted by: EC83
Holy @#$%& @#$%&.

I had a feeling since the start of the race that someone would take someone out.
And Vettel is pulling a crazy sign.
Date: May 30, 2010 03:09PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
That was absolutely f****ng stupid from Vettel. Take car wrecking to a new level why don't you! Twat.

y2cwr2005 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was absolutely f****ng stupid from Vettel.
> Take car wrecking to a new level why don't you!
> Twat.

You say it,he is young,he have his all career those kind of mistake ^^
Date: May 30, 2010 03:20PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Great race so far!

Pity for Webber, i think it was 70-30 Vettel's fault.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 30, 2010 03:22PM
Posted by: Aqualyx
Date: May 30, 2010 03:24PM
Posted by: ralv585
I say they're both to blame, vettel was ahead and webber should have yielded but was too stubborn imo

when they're in the braking zone, it's natural to pull right and have a better angle into the corner, so that's what vettel did, and webber should have done when he saw vettel pull along side.

between the mclarens down in turn one, showed you what should have happened, once side by side in the braking area, they both pulled right to gain a better entry into the corner

Date: May 30, 2010 03:36PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
That was a pretty damn good race! Hopefully Istanbul can get the crowds in and keep the track on the calendar!

Mclaren (Y)(Y)
Red Bull (N)(N) Unreliable, no driver discipline, screwed up a weekend yet again.

Vettel (N)(N)(N):-(

Edit: Oh and Ferrari's 800th. (N) Terrible, might as well have been invisible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2010 03:37PM by y2cwr2005.
Date: May 30, 2010 03:40PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Both of them are morons.

Vettel shouldn't have moved, Webber should have raced wheel to wheel better. When you have already lost the position there is no need to pin the car to the white line and risk everything. Meanwhile, Vettel shouldn't have tried to bully Mark into giving him space. I understand why he wanted space to brake, but you can't do it that way.

Lewis and Jenson proved what Webber and Vettel should have done. Webber should have used the switchback section at the end, rather than trying to force an issue when the position was already lost. Vettel shouldn't have been so sure that Webber was going to move over.

Either way, McLaren were better in almost every way today. They showed exactly how it should have been done, and come out beating a team which everyone agrees has a faster car.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 30, 2010 03:42PM
Posted by: n00binio
ralv585 schrieb:
> I say they're both to blame, vettel was ahead and
> webber should have yielded but was too stubborn
> imo
>
> when they're in the braking zone, it's natural to
> pull right and have a better angle into the
> corner, so that's what vettel did, and webber
> should have done when he saw vettel pull along
> side.
>
> between the mclarens down in turn one, showed you
> what should have happened, once side by side in
> the braking area, they both pulled right to gain a
> better entry into the corner

i totally agree

apart from the fact that i dislike the results the race was pure awesomeness. great to watch!!

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: May 30, 2010 03:45PM
Posted by: Slash
vettel might have had a roll bar failure, we should wait and see :p

i think Vettel is to blame.. Webber always races hard, bheing his teammate you can't expect him to treat you like a little girl..

in Mclaren they both clipped tyres in T1... but i saw Jenson racing Lewis very clean.. Lewis raced him a bit too hard

I hope Jenson now shut all his critics about him not having race pace compared to Lewis

Poor Petrov, he deserved the points!
Date: May 30, 2010 03:48PM
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> Edit: Oh and Ferrari's 800th. (N) Terrible, might
> as well have been invisible.

Yeah, they are back to being the 5th fastest car... It was nice to see Felipe have a better weekend than Fernando, but that doesn't mean much when they are 7th/8th, and Felipe needed to capitalise in qualifying to try and get up with the Mercedes.

I wonder if Fernando can emulate Kimi in 2007 by winning the first race, fading away badly for the next 7/8 and then coming back strongly to finish the season.

Bad luck for Petrov as well, great drive.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 30, 2010 03:57PM
Posted by: gav
DaveEllis
Both of them are morons.

Vettel shouldn't have moved, Webber should have raced wheel to wheel better. When you have already lost the position there is no need to pin the car to the white line and risk everything. Meanwhile, Vettel shouldn't have tried to bully Mark into giving him space. I understand why he wanted space to brake, but you can't do it that way.

From a racing point of view you may have a point (though I disagree it was lost - pin someone to the inside and it's incredibly difficult to make it stick without sailing past the apex or running wide out of the corner), but looking at it from a common sense point of view, what Vettel did was absolute lunacy. That could so easily have ended in disaster.

Love the guy, but that was unforgivable.

Good to see teammates racing each other though - both RBR and McLaren. A nice change from most of the 2000s.

Cracking racing between the McLaren drivers, and both were exceptional today.

//edit: looking again, Webber would have been in Vettel's blind spot, so presumably Vettel was assuming Webber had moved over. Not that that makes it any better, but I can't imagine Vettel knew where Webber was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2010 04:02PM by gav.
Date: May 30, 2010 04:01PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
So don't call me a moron or sth. different, look first what Vettel the moron did..couldn't stop to laugh;)
Date: May 30, 2010 04:04PM
From a racing point of view you may have a point (though I disagree it was lost - pin someone to the inside and it's incredibly difficult to make it stick without sailing past the apex or running wide out of the corner), but looking at it from a common sense point of view, what Vettel did was absolute lunacy. That could so easily have ended in disaster.

Thing is, it isn't actually lunacy. It is only lunacy when it doesn't work. When it does work (and we see it happening all the time, drivers being forceful and pushing each other about) it is classed as brilliant racing. When it doesn't, the driver is an idiot. We F1 fans like to have it both ways, and I do see exactly what you are saying, but I don't think it's as black and white as that. Had Webber moved (and most drivers on the grid would have tbh), we'd be sitting here saying how forceful and brilliant Vettel was. But Webber didn't move, and therefore Vettels a moron in everybodies eyes (including mine).

The way I see it, Vettel had a nose ahead and wanted a proper braking line for the corner. He moved dangerously, but Webber also created the potential for that accident by being too forceful when the position was already long lost approaching the corner. A driver like Jenson, Lewis or Schumacher would have been thinking about the situation better and fought back properly, rather than trying to hang onto a lost position.

It sounds like I'm blaming Webber more than Vettel, but I'm not. Vettels mistake was more blatant and obvious and doesn't require a bigger explination. But IMO Webber has to take about 40% of the blame for that anyway. It was also a moronic thing to try and force.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 30, 2010 04:08PM
Posted by: gav
I'm surprised Vettel was less apologetic in his BBC interview. I suspect when he's had a chance to analyse it more and calmed down he'll hold his hands up a bit.

Just watching the press conference and there's a brilliant moment when Button is talking and Hamilton goes to ask Webber what happened, then clearly demonstrates with his hands the act of Vettel swerving across the race track, Webber nods ruefully, then Lewis just stares at Mark in disbelief without saying a word while Webber does the same demonstration. Epic. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2010 04:08PM by gav.
Date: May 30, 2010 04:11PM
Again, both drivers were wrong in the interviews IMO. Vettel wasn't apologetic enough, as Gav said. Webber said "He moved fast right", which wasn't true either. It wasn't like he made a massive steering movement, he just drifted over lightly, but the space the car was in was so small meant that any sort of movement was going to end up in an accident.

I suspect both will get a firm arse kicking. Someone on another forum said (and I can't verify this, might just be BS), that RBR is unhappy at the room Webber left, because it directly conflicts with the pre-race briefing which always states "Give each other a respectable amount of room". Again, probably BS.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 30, 2010 04:14PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I suspect both will get a firm arse kicking.
> Someone on another forum said (and I can't verify
> this, might just be BS), that RBR is unhappy at
> the room Webber left, because it directly
> conflicts with the pre-race briefing which always
> states "Give each other a respectable amount of
> room". Again, probably BS.

There's an article about it now on Autosport

Horner: "I've spoken to Sebastian, he got a run and they should never had been where they were. It's really disappointing for the team - it's cost them a lot of points. What we always ask is that the drivers give each other room. Today neither yielded, and the result was the team losing a lot of points, Mark losing a lots of points and Sebastian losing a lot of points - the net result is everybody loses."

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 30, 2010 04:15PM
A little mention for Kobayashi. He benefited from the RBR Moron squad, but got a point. He beat his team mate and is now on tracks he already knows from previous running. I think he has struggled to learn tracks, so I'm now interested in seeing how he does from now on.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy