2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**

Posted by raulongo 
Rubens threw his steering wheel onto the car and it bounced.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
i dont think there is a way that this deciosion stands. schumi willl get his 8 points
Besides .. when has ever Ross brawn lost a debatte !
Ma man will be back on 30 point til the end of the week. Pretty sure about that :_)
especially afetr i saw ros brawn´s evidences. it really was a race restart ! + green lights. :)

P.S. schumi is the most constant driver since the begginning of the season (without china) he is always somewhere around 4-5-6.
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: May 16, 2010 11:31PM
Posted by: Covfan
You can't appeal a drive through penalty/time penalty and get it reversed (as Gav said before).

The rule needs clarifying since they changed the SC Green flag line rule at the beginning of the season.
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rubens threw his steering wheel onto the car and
> it bounced.

Also, his excuse (via Twitter) seemed reasonable enough if you put yourself in his shoes:

RubensBarrichello Wrote:
I throw the steering cause wanted to get out as soon as possible.After the shunt I was facing the wrong side of the track andcar was on fire

Has anyone realized that Felipe Massa stepped on the line while exiting the pits? I did, and this is a Drive Through...

Here it is, the Trulli-Chandok accident in pictures...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: May 17, 2010 12:58AM
Posted by: Slash
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I'm just wondering, where is everyone getting the
> idea Hill made this decision? I haven't seen a
> statement from anyone involved declaring Hill made
> it. The driving steward ADVISES the stewards from
> a drivers point of view - he doesn't make
> decisions specifically. In this case it isn't a
> driving violation or dangerous driving, but rather
> a misunderstanding of the rules, or more
> specifically, a poorly written rule.

Michael himself

[f1.gpupdate.net]

"I think I'm sixth, I got the message 'Track Clear'," Schumacher explained to Germany's RTL. "That means the Safety Car is gone, the accident zone was clear, so I thought I could go.

"Damon Hill is the steward here…that's going to be interesting!"

at least he's implying he'll have some sort of... influence?

raulongo Wrote:
> Has anyone realized that Felipe Massa stepped on
> the line while exiting the pits? I did, and this
> is a Drive Through...
>

my dad did, and me too.... interesting because it was a bit dangerous... in 2003 Michael barely clipped the line in Magny and got like 2 penalties on a row

also quite interesting to see Rubens, and Alonso getting away with some of the most clearly penalties given whereas Michael recieved one for what it was legitimate racing maneuver

even Rosberg tried to pass Alonso, they where all racing...
Date: May 17, 2010 01:11AM
Posted by: danm
First thing I thought when Rubens took the steering wheel off was how much it bounced. Didn't look like he threw it, kinda, slid off and bounced a hell of a lot.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Slash Wrote:
> ... and Alonso
> getting away with some of the most clearly
> penalties given whereas Michael recieved one for
> what it was legitimate racing maneuver

Alonso? Did he made anything wrong? Well... complaining because he can't pass DiGrassi is a little bit anti-sportive from his side... DiGrassi had to defend his position, as he wasn't a lapped vehicle. I always hate when drivers do that without right to do it...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: May 17, 2010 01:43AM
raulongo Wrote:
> Slash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ... and Alonso
> > getting away with some of the most clearly
> > penalties given whereas Michael recieved one
> for
> > what it was legitimate racing maneuver
>
> Alonso? Did he made anything wrong? Well...
> complaining because he can't pass DiGrassi is a
> little bit anti-sportive from his side... DiGrassi
> had to defend his position, as he wasn't a lapped
> vehicle. I always hate when drivers do that
> without right to do it...

DiGrassi was on his own right to race Alonso.. was it stupid?, was it a lost cause?, did he lost time doing it?, was he risking not finishing?, that is DiGrassi's problem.. Alonso is being a bit arrogant thinking just because he's in Ferrari everybody should move out of the way... it doesn't work like that, he's supposed to race for the positions.. still love him though, but this side of him is embarrasing

apparently he overtook somebody under yellow...
If race control didn't want the cars to race, why pull the safety car in?
Why didn't Charlie get the safety car to lead them past the chequered flag?
The FIA are idiots, and this is what sucks about F1, that people could spend thousands of pounds going to see the GP and leave without knowing the result, because of some crappily written rules and slack stewarding. Why does it take so long to decide?
Date: May 17, 2010 02:15AM
Posted by: EC83
danm Wrote:
> First thing I thought when Rubens took the
> steering wheel off was how much it bounced. Didn't
> look like he threw it, kinda, slid off and bounced
> a hell of a lot.

Yeah, looked to me like he dropped the steering wheel out of the cockpit rather than threw it hard. It landed right beside the car, then bounced/rolled what seemed like an amazingly long way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 02:16AM by EC83.
Wow, didnt noticed Trulli was back on his very first F1 helmet!

Date: May 17, 2010 03:36AM
Hill or not, whoever gave this penalty is wrong

pic of Jenson finish last year OZ

SC boards, signs, and yellows weaving

this year

you can clearly see the green flags...

in any form of motor racing green means racing, MIchael already passed the SC line so that argument wouldn't apply either

according to Jonathan Legard, Mercedez are recieving support from other teams

from his twitter: [twitter.com]

Mercedes believe green light meant race on. Yellow light in Aus last year. Support from other teams. Procedure could be reviewed.
Date: May 17, 2010 04:12AM
sorry to be so annoying about this, but this is wrong

this video shows how the race was supposed to end had it been under SC status

put it on 7:20 and you'll see the SC going in but everybody keeping their speeds and the yellow flags and the SC boards still on display, this clearly didn't happen today

we all saw the message "safety car in this lap"... if race director didn't meant the race to end under green, why the hell where the green lights on?
Lol what the @#$%&, cleary that picture of alonso overtaking hrt is somewhat unavoidable at the moment, from drivers point of view, you have a car 6 secs slow infront of you and on tunnel he is almost on hrt's rear tail. and suddenly hulkenberg crash ahead of them while that hrt suddenly brake, because his on the line of prone accident area whereas alonso got a clear side of trackline and automatically and ofcourse avoid the crash. and if he does brake during that incident his still gonna overtake the hrt because you can't cleary stopped an f1 car from 200+kph to 0 with a inch distance in a accident. But anyways i think he should give that place back to hrt clearly after escaping from hulkeneberg's crash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 05:49AM by RebelWithoutaCause.
Date: May 17, 2010 09:15AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Being a huuuuge Schumacher fan, I just think he and the team made an error of judgement. They must take it like men and move on. If they thought that was the rule, but Ferrari thought it was the opposite, there's a 50% chance they were wrong. And Ferrari ain't idiots, you know. Brawn neither, but he was wrong for once.

Let's move on to Chicken... oops I mean Turkey.
Date: May 17, 2010 09:36AM
Posted by: IWE
Slash Wrote:
> if race director didn't meant the race to end
> under green, why the hell where the green lights
> on?

To create illusion about close racing and letting fans to beleave there is still a change of some action, even it is forbidden to pass anyone. Who ever made the rule wasnt expecting to have talent like MS on the track.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 09:37AM by IWE.
Date: May 17, 2010 10:20AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Seems like it was just another rule change to change a rule for the sake of rule-changing, if that makes any sense. Why alter it from not being able to pass until after the start line? It worked for ages. Now all it's done is cause confusion.
Date: May 17, 2010 12:50PM
Posted by: Isaint
As in all things where officialdom rules, F1 seems to be the latest casualty in stupidity. It is as every one has pointed out here. First, a rule change for the sake of a rule change and second, if you are going to change the rules at least have the decency to implimernt them in the proper manner so that they are clear and concise. The sport seems pedestrian enough, now there are no fuel stops thus deprivining us of additional strategical excitement. We all know how dificult overtakeing has become in the sport, unless you are over takeing a much slower car the spectical has become rear in deed. It seems that these guys are just not prohibeted to go racing at all. The fact is these days, if you are fortunate enough to have a quick car the race is almost a forgone conclusion, it seems the tires can last for ever so appart from reliability issues it's just a processsion for who ever is the quickest on that day. There are no more surprises in store for us, no more hanging on to the edge of our seats because some one is on a couple of hot laps before their next pit stop to change tires and re-fuel …. Nothing but predictability I’m afraid and this lates façade just compounds the fact that the F.I.A are always trying to fix things in this sport that are not broken.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 02:01PM by Isaint.
Wow, i just adore the commitment of schumacher just look what he did in monaco 2006! 2010!, and just compare how schumacher overtook cars on nouvelle chicane on 2006 monaco on alonso's move their this time. its just show his commitment and suicidal. simply the dirty best

&feature=related

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 02:43PM by RebelWithoutaCause.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy