2010 Car Launch thread

Posted by Team CLR 
Re: 2010 Car Launch thread
Date: February 09, 2010 11:32AM
Posted by: senninho
I'm probably missing a lot, but at first glance it doesn't look too different to the '09 car. Not that it's a bad thing.

Date: February 09, 2010 12:16PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
senninho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm probably missing a lot, but at first glance it
> doesn't look too different to the '09 car. Not
> that it's a bad thing.

Have a look here

[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 09, 2010 12:34PM
Posted by: gin
anyone know why they increased the wheelbase? is it like that for all the teams?

Date: February 09, 2010 12:37PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Yeah it's to help acommodate the larger fuel tanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 12:38PM by Team CLR.
Date: February 09, 2010 12:40PM
Posted by: chet
I hope this is the car we see launch the team into consistant points, maybe podiums. The car was a good runner last year, and despite budget was well developed. The Mclaren influence was a great help, I hope the strong partnership can continue. Looks like they have similar exhausts to the 25.

Car looks a nice evolution but there are quite a few big changes. The talk atm is about their diffuser which is high and narrow.

[img695.imageshack.us]

Cant see very much but have a read from someone who knows.

[scarbsf1.wordpress.com]

Also, though lettign di Resta test on Fridays could hamper either Luizzi or Sutil, I think its a great motivational push for them both! Sutil needs to stop hitting walls and other drivers, and Luizzi needs to find that pace he promised a while back! Personally I think Sutil really needs to get a move on. He's not improved much over the years, and if he still get's matched by Giancarlo and often outraced by Giancarlo then I think that should signal the end. Giancarlo is past his best, his Spa performance was awesome, but the rest of the year was ordinary.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 09, 2010 04:30PM
Team CLR Wrote:
> Yeah it's to help acommodate the larger fuel
> tanks.

ah yes thanks, I forgot there is refueling ban this year. Just watching F1 season reviews 1984 through to 2009. In the 80s when they had fuel ban, many people ran out of fuel and seems tyre management is going to be crucial.

Date: February 09, 2010 04:55PM
Posted by: AJTWWE
Is anyone good with photoshop? As i would like it if someone would be able to remove all of the background of this picture of the Mercedes GP car so it just showed the car and nothing else http://www.pixhost.org/show/498/1419152_0229530.jpg
Date: February 09, 2010 06:17PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
Lotus first shot

[www.autosport.com]

-------------------------------------------
Date: February 09, 2010 06:31PM
Posted by: senninho
It's good to see those colours. Let's hope the real livery doesn't ruin it ;)

Date: February 09, 2010 06:54PM
Posted by: gav
Nice yellow stripe down the middle. :D

If they're going to use the Lotus name (and obviously they are) and are going to use the old colour scheme, then I hope they do it in the spirit of Lotus too, not pimping Malaysia constantly and using the brand to get there. Clearly that's what they're doing, but all the effect will be lost if all they do is use a name and colour scheme.

Obviously too much of the Lotus way will mean much smoke, fire, wheels falling off and a car which will spontaneously turn towards a forest with no input from the soon-to-be-dead driver.

Seriously, livery wise it looks good, but I can't put my finger on what makes the shape look very basic. The Virgin car obviously looks basic in the wings and things too, but it's got all manner of weird curves in the chassis... from this shot, the Lotus looks very... square. That said, you can see some undercut sidepods, so I just guess it's a unflattering angle and clearly with a colour which doesn't help show the shape.
Date: February 09, 2010 08:42PM
NeoLiot Wrote:
> Lotus first shot
>
> [www.autosport.com]

ride height seems to be pretty high!

Date: February 09, 2010 09:05PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
gin Wrote:
> NeoLiot Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lotus first shot
> >
> >
> [www.autosport.com]
>
>
> ride height seems to be pretty high!

i think thats because the grooved tyres... they were bigger, weren't they?

-------------------------------------------
Date: February 09, 2010 10:12PM
Posted by: gav
Presumably it's just a standard shakedown to test the systems are working as expected. There's little point in complicating the issue by potentially dragging the thing along the ground. It's not like it would have got up to a speed to get any really meaningful setup data.
Date: February 09, 2010 10:39PM
Posted by: raulongo

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: February 10, 2010 09:07AM
Posted by: marcl
Date: February 10, 2010 09:31AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
More pictures here:
[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

At first glance, it doesn't look too radical. Interesting that they have increased Total sponsorship, and also have taken the Pepe Jeans deal from Renault.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 10, 2010 09:37AM
Posted by: marcl
Yeah just looks like a tidy up of last years car, would explain why they did not mind missing the 1st test.
Date: February 10, 2010 10:14AM
Posted by: kimifanaat
At first view the car looks a lot like the RB5. Th car looks nice, it ahs a nice design and looks strong, but we have to wait for the results to be sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 10:14AM by kimifanaat.
Date: February 10, 2010 01:39PM
Posted by: chet
RedBull looks nice! Like Brawn just looks like they've improved on awesome car. Im sure it will be as quick as last year too!!

[www.autosport.com]

Newey on Virgins decision to go by CFD only.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 11, 2010 03:35AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
New Lotus????

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy