Re: FOTA Series
Date: June 24, 2009 12:18AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
i want some images of the a1-ring from 2009! ggrr damn you google

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 24, 2009 10:55AM
Posted by: The Lopper
This is the last I'd heard about the A1-Ring...seems like it should be ready should FOTA become a reality:

[en.f1-live.com]
Date: June 24, 2009 11:21AM
Posted by: flat tyre
The A1 Ring situation has confused me for a long time. They said at the time that it won't host MotoGP or F1, and DTM would be the main attraction. Why? The circuit was up to F1 standards before, so why did they demolish it in the first place? Are they changing the layout and architecture completely?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: June 24, 2009 01:31PM
Posted by: marcl
On the BBC.

Agreement has been reached, Mosley will not stand again for election and there is no break away.
Date: June 24, 2009 01:34PM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
F1 resolution found, says Mosley

An agreement has been reached between Formula 1's governing body and the teams to prevent a breakaway series, says FIA president Max Mosley.

The two parties had been engulfed in a bitter row over planned budgetary and technical changes for the new season.

But it appears a resolution has not been found, with Mosley agreeing not to stand for re-election as part of the deal "now there is peace," he said.

More to follow.

[news.bbc.co.uk]
Date: June 24, 2009 05:46PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
RIP
FOTA Breakaway Series
18 June 2009 - 24 June 2009

;)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 05:47PM by SchueyFan.
Date: June 24, 2009 06:15PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Seems like a pretty stupid move from the FOTA teams. All I see happening is them signing a contract to stay in F1 and when they've done that Max doesn't step down like he said he would.

Date: June 24, 2009 06:25PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
As part of the agreement, existing teams must help new outfits - Campos, US F1 and Manor - with their engines and chassis.

I wonder what williams think of that. they have always insisted teams must build their own cars.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 24, 2009 06:30PM
Posted by: Nickv
No, it means that the existing teams will help the new teams with building the new teams cars.
Date: June 24, 2009 07:15PM
Posted by: chet
Interesting, how far will the teams take this help? The 3 new teams have driver's they'd like before any other teams take them on as a b-team...

Also, Williams wont have any issue with it, if I were one of those teams looking for engineering help then Williams is perhaps the first team id go to ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 24, 2009 08:43PM
Posted by: Guimengo
yc2eeiwidjdwhh:

FOTA pushed their threat so far because it wanted to stay in F1 and wanted to get 2 things their way: 1- gradual budget decrease. 2- Max gone. That's not a stupid move, they got what they wanted and FIA got what it wanted too in a way (Bernie certainly did ;)).

Also, Bernie himself said he'd make sure the teams wouldn't leave so he undoubtedly pushed for the cap increase and its timeframe. Regarding the contract, if it's written on a signed paper that Max will not run for president then he won't.
Date: June 26, 2009 03:09AM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
I reply to that with this : [www.autosport.com]

I knew Max Mosley had no intention of stepping down that easily and I was right.

Date: June 26, 2009 06:09AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think it's a move by Max to have FOTA make claims he was a great president and all and leave with a good image (in his head), as right now he is seen as the majorly spoiled brat who was in a long-lasting ego-powertrip and has been thrown down back to Earth right on his face.

Narcissism has a new name, it's Maxissism.
Date: June 26, 2009 11:03AM
Well looks like Max might cancel the deal due to the press release by FOTA.

[www.autosport.com]
Date: June 26, 2009 12:19PM
Posted by: elemental
In short: die please, max.
Date: June 26, 2009 12:50PM
They have all signed now and he never wrote down that he would not stand again, so there is nothing they can do.
Date: June 26, 2009 01:50PM
Posted by: MrMan
If the statements released by FOTA are false, then Max has every right to feel aggrieved. This can be sorted out by FOTA retracting what they said and issuing an apology.

Date: June 26, 2009 02:36PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Plot twist.
Date: June 26, 2009 03:50PM
Posted by: EC83
elemental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In short: die please, max.

+1

Date: June 26, 2009 05:48PM
So Max can call them loonies but they cannot call him a dictator, Max always tells the truth don't he lol. USA he told us all he could not do anything about adding a chicane so why was it him that stopped it!. Sorry I wish he would just go, is he just upset FOTA got what they wanted and he lost this one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy