Japanese Grand Prix Thread !!!***Spoilers***!!!

Posted by matt3454 
Re: Japanese Grand Prix Thread !!!***Spoilers***!!!
Date: October 12, 2008 08:33AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Now only Massa, Hamilton and Kubica with chance of winning WDC

Date: October 12, 2008 08:34AM
Posted by: J-C
Covfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> J-C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hamilton grrrrrr. Simply spoiled ferrari
> drivers
> > and others races.
>
>
> Yeah, how dare he be in the way when Massa drove
> into him....

Yes thats massa mistake, but wouldnt happend in the first place
hamilton wouldnt spoiled for everyone the 1st corner ...
ohh and massa got his drive through penalty ...
Have to say that was definitely worth staying up for. Alonso deserved that one, though I was half-willing Kubica to have the pace to stay ahead of him, to at least give him a better shot at the championship! Difficult to see what penalty, if any, Massa's gonna have after the race; I'd expect a $10,000 fine or 25 seconds added to his race time or something for causing an avoidable collision. Hamilton just plain f**ked up, really, and kind of deserved to have a crappy afternoon. Here's hoping he doesn't do a repeat of last year.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 12, 2008 08:35AM
Posted by: Covfan
Kimi is out of the championship now anyway.

Although I agree, Kubica could be a huge factor.
Date: October 12, 2008 08:41AM
Posted by: Karan
I imagine the race results will stand and Massa ought to pick up that crucial 1 pt. Looked like a racing incident to me. Hard to pin it on any of those guys.

Roll on China!

Date: October 12, 2008 08:47AM
Posted by: Peat
Just the race we needed. I was terrified that Lewis was going to romp off into the distance and to an unassailable lead in the championship.

Lewis did rather make a hash of turn one, far too aggressive, however i think that those four would have ended up off the road (or nearly off) without Lewis's help, they all went in too hot. I was baffled at his penalty at first, but am starting to see that maybe it was justified.

Massa's was 100% correct. He had lost the corner at the 1st apex, however Lewis could have played the long game and given him a little more room for error. But i guess that's not in Lewis's nature. He's too hung up on being as feared as Senna was. In an age where fragile aerodynamics is the name of the game, it just isn't on.

Alonso? Just fantastic. I lost a lot of respect for him last year, but he's winning me over again as he did in 2005/2006. He is just a class act (well, on the track at least.....). He has looked like the only world champion on the track the last few races. It almost seems insulting to him and previous champions that either Lewis or Felipe will have the same title next year.....

Right, back to bed me thinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 08:49AM by Peat.
Date: October 12, 2008 08:49AM
Posted by: casabonka
elemental Wrote:
> "He can finish behind the two Ferraris and still
> win"
> Geez, idiot, can't he work out that 4+4 = 8, not
> 6? Allen prick, enjoy selling the Big Issue next
> year.

Its 6 points for a 3rd - 6+6 is 12, but Lewis would lose on a count back due to having less wins

EDIT - ah im so stupid, I didnt realise he was talking about the points lost to Massa!!!

2013 - Nando must come through..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 09:00AM by casabonka.
Date: October 12, 2008 08:50AM
Posted by: airefresco
Brilliant race, Alonso was just fantastic and it must be said, Piquet did well too. Renault look much stronger now. A mention also to Kubica, again brilliant drive.

Hamilton doing exactly what he did last year. He had the championship in the bag, drove like idiot for the last few races and lost it. I can see the same happening again. I´m pleased Massa hit him, because I don´t think Massa is 100% to blame for that incident. Don´t get me wrong, I do think that it was Massa´s fault, and the penalty deserved, but Lewis has this habit of cutting people up as soon as he has got passed them. Today he did the same and lost a lot of points, maybe even a win.
Date: October 12, 2008 08:51AM
One thing we didn't see, Lewis came off turn 1 in 3rd place. What happened and where that he dropped back to 6th behind Massa?

Date: October 12, 2008 08:52AM
casabonka Wrote:
> elemental Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "He can finish behind the two Ferraris and
> still
> > win"
> > Geez, idiot, can't he work out that 4+4 = 8,
> not
> > 6? Allen prick, enjoy selling the Big Issue
> next
> > year.
>
>
> Its 6 points for a 3rd - 6+6 is 12, but Lewis
> would lose on a count back due to having less wins

Yh allen the dumbass is wrong. If Massa is 1st for next two races and Hamilton 3rd thats 8 point difference meaning Massa will win by 2points overall..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 08:52AM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: October 12, 2008 08:56AM
Posted by: gav
Peat Wrote:
> Lewis did rather make a hash of turn one, far too
> aggressive, however i think that those four would
> have ended up off the road (or nearly off) without
> Lewis's help, they all went in too hot.

Kimi tried to turn in twice, but couldn't as there was a McLaren spearing past him. He had to turn left at one point.
Date: October 12, 2008 08:59AM
Posted by: marcl
silly error by lewis at the 1st corner.

Good gp though well done to alonso.

Massa should not keep that point he passed webber off track why did he go that side, very silly. I also think it should have been a stop go for massa not only did he hit lewis he also cut the corner. Oh well.

And again about the start lewis got a penalty fissi did not in turkey for locking his brakes and taking out a williams!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 09:01AM by marcl.
Date: October 12, 2008 09:01AM
Ok, point taken. Nice use of image reference btw...

I'm still a bit dubious as to whether it deserved a penalty though. To me, that's the nature of racing into a hairpin with cold everything. I think the stewards are just throwing penalties around too liberally.

Date: October 12, 2008 09:04AM
I think Webber squeezed Massa there and people go in the pitlane exit when overtaking at monza too :S

Date: October 12, 2008 09:41AM
Peat Wrote:
> I'm still a bit dubious as to whether it deserved
> a penalty though. To me, that's the nature of
> racing into a hairpin with cold everything. I
> think the stewards are just throwing penalties
> around too liberally.

Kimi ended up in 8th as a result of that, with Hamilton miles ahead of him (until he @#$%& up turn 3 and ended up in 7th). It fully deserved a penalty.

//edit: reading this article is brilliant in hindsight. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 09:45AM by gav.
So the thousand penny question is, will Hamilton blow it again this year? Stay tunned next week , one down two to go.
Date: October 12, 2008 09:48AM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
To be honest, there are too much penalties these days in Formula 1. Hamilton ran Raikkonen off, he got a penalty, Massa hit Hamilton, he got a penalty! Last race in Singapour, Rosberg made his schedule stop, he got a penalty! As did Kubica! In Spa, Kovi hit Webber, he got a penalty! ...... Most of the time, it's racing ( incident ). Few years back, we saw racing incidents ( like Massa - Hamilton or Bourdais - Massa ) and there were no penalties! ...

Alonso did a great job, he proves he deserves his 2 world champion titles. Kubica great second! and Piquet!! He was supa fast!! he made a great move on Bourdais! Raikkonen is back on the podium but too late.... Great job by the 2 Toro Rosso, now it's a habit to see at least 1 Toro in the points. Massa and Hamilton were very aggressive! I liked that!
Date: October 12, 2008 09:49AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
bourdais penalised 25 seconds for hitting Felipe
Posted by: EC83
Again, many congrats to Alonso for a magnificent drive. Stunningly consistent lap times throughout. He's defo the most complete driver in F1 atm, the best under pressure also.
Brilliant from Kubica too. Keeps on squeezing great results out of a car that hasn't been developed for ages. Fully deserves to still be in with a title chance.
Seriously p*ssed at Hamilton. How to lose a race in 10 corners. He needs to calm down, or he'll struggle to win any championship. I've watched F1 since 1989, and I can't remember any driver be so good at snatching championship defeat from the jaws of victory. He just has to be glad Massa isn't landing any knockout blows either.

Yep. Ludicrous. Utterly ludicrous.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy