Alonso to BMW? "Deal Done"

Posted by DaveEllis 
Alonso to BMW? "Deal Done"
Date: September 08, 2008 02:03AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
[www.f1way.com]

I don't expect its true. But you never know.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Alonso to BMW? "Deal Done"
Date: September 08, 2008 04:06AM
Posted by: Briere
woah !
Date: September 08, 2008 08:56AM
Posted by: msater
i also saw that on f1-live, so its source is somewhere else, i expect. but i don't think it's true.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 08, 2008 09:33AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it would be good, but hopefully heidfeld keeps a drive in F1 somewhere, maybe at renault.

Although, Raikkonen vs. Massa vs. Hamilton vs. Kovalainen vs. Kubica vs. Alonso would be a formidable championship battle!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 08, 2008 09:44AM
Posted by: gav
So that's 2 teams he's signed for and he's in talks with another. He's going to be busy next year.
Date: September 08, 2008 09:48AM
maybe he's trying to rival bruno and his '9 teams' ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 08, 2008 11:26AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I'd rather see Alfonso go to Honda really, would be great to see Alfonso + Braun + Button storming back to the front. (Y)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 08, 2008 11:54AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Hope its true, Nando deserves a good car, he has been stunning this year. BMW would then have the strongest driver pairing in the field. And my two favourite drivers :)

Date: September 08, 2008 12:10PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Fernando had a good car - he chose to give it up if I remember rightly! ;)

Heidfeld certainly doesn't deserve to be turfed out for someone who will have no loyalty to the team whatsoever, will probably be challenged by Kubica, throw a strop and go to Ferrari in 2010.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 08, 2008 12:15PM
Posted by: chet
Just more rumours.

Brawn again has praised Alonso. Though rather than praise its simply the truth.

[f1.gpupdate.net]

atm i wouldnt be supprised if 9 or more teams were not talking to him ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 08, 2008 12:48PM
Posted by: stipe
I think that BMW will definitely be better next (maybe not best, but may be...).
BMW are abandon this year title fight and concentrate for 2009 fully, while Ferrari and McLaren are concentrate on this year fight and that may be little disadvantage but we will see what will happen next year, but I can see BMW stronger than it is now. So if Alonso go to BMW that may be good decision and I hope for multiteam team title fight.
Date: September 08, 2008 02:26PM
Posted by: dkpioe
if alonso is at bmw, then surely kubica will be out, bmw policy has to have atleast one german driver, and it wouldnt surprise me if they support heidfeld more towards the end of the year to get his performance up, so that they have a reason to resign him.
Date: September 08, 2008 02:31PM
Posted by: stipe
...that would be a suicide (hidfield instead kubica)
Date: September 08, 2008 03:33PM
Posted by: Bruninho
thats suicide, yes.

Kubica and Alonso would be a strong pair - and they are both aggressive drivers, so they wouldnt have problems to suit the cars to them.

Date: September 08, 2008 04:02PM
and i believe they are friends off-track already, so they should fit in.

i think a heidfeld-alonso swap would be good, because i think renault could be quite decent next year with the rule changes.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 08, 2008 04:35PM
Posted by: IWE
I dont see how Kubica have been soooo much better than Heidfeld. I agree if people would be watching only practise results, but what ever. Anyway, both of them would make Alonso to cry again and to bash the team etc..

Would be mistake to choose Alonso and for Alonso it would be mistake to work in different team than his manager.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 08, 2008 04:52PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I dont see how Kubica have been soooo much better than Heidfeld. I agree if people would be watching only practise results, but what ever.

More than practice results. From Planet F1, who was better than who -

QUALY F/LAP RACE POINTS
Heidfeld
Qual - 1
F/Lap - 6
Race - 3
Points - 41

Kubica
Qual - 11 (!)
F/Lap - 6
Race - 9
Points - 55

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 08, 2008 05:14PM
Posted by: Gaulty
I don't know what to think really, I don't really want to see Kubica and Heidfeld go for Alonso, who, lets be fair, would end up in the same situation as he was at McLaren if he replaces Heidfeld. It will be like having two number ones and we know what happend last time.

However, having a driver of Alonso's capability at BMW will surely see Kubica improve even more, trying to beat Alonso etc.

I don't think he will replace Kubica, then the other options will probably be either Renault or Honda. Which are hardly the quality (still could change for 2009) as BMW Sauber.

I'd rather he didn't go to BMW, for the simple fact it would probably be like McLaren 07.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: September 08, 2008 05:16PM
i dont think it would, because kubica and alonso are already friends by many reports

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 08, 2008 05:26PM
Posted by: Gaulty
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i dont think it would, because kubica and alonso
> are already friends by many reports

I obviosly don't read those reports then...

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy