Re: Alonso to BMW? "Deal Done"
Date: September 08, 2008 05:59PM
Posted by: mikef1
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would be mistake to choose Alonso and for Alonso
> it would be mistake to work in different team than
> his manager.

His manager is Luis Garcia Abad, not Flav.
Date: September 08, 2008 07:41PM
Posted by: dkpioe
kubica plays poker with alonso
Date: September 08, 2008 07:59PM
Posted by: IWE
mikef1 Wrote:
> IWE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Would be mistake to choose Alonso and for
> Alonso
> > it would be mistake to work in different team
> than
> > his manager.
>
> His manager is Luis Garcia Abad, not Flav.

Then lets say his "new father", sidekick, babysitter,...

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 08, 2008 09:20PM
Posted by: elemental
BMW wouldn't replace Nick with anyone other than Alonso, so it seems weird that people talk about it as an "open" seat". He's had 7 seasons with them overall and been the higher scoring teammate every year, the exceptions being Frentzen (fair game) and Webber (as he didnt compete in the last 5 grand prixs of the season). It's easily forgotten that last year he was faster than Kubica and he has had four 2nds this year and would have won at Canada if he didn't let Kubica through for the team. They know he's capable enough or else he would have been dropped years ago.
Having said that, if they were to hire Alonso, Nick would probably have to make way just because he's been around longer; he has less shelf-life. Since Alonso will definitely not be at BMW next year, this is all meaningless so...enjoy your story-making :P
Date: September 08, 2008 09:28PM
Posted by: gav
I wouldn't say Alonso wouldn't be at BMW. A straight swap between Alonso and Heidfeld might be in Renaults interests if they know they won't have Alonso next year.

There aren't that many seasoned pros doing the rounds at the moment.

An Alonso/Kubica partnership makes my mouth water somewhat. The difference between it and the Alonso/Hamilton one is that Alonso knows the score before he goes there. He knows what Kubica's about, his general ability, the way he works. Hamilton was a completely unknown quantity, certainly to Alonso, and with 2 daddys in the team. Had Alonso known what he was letting himself in for, he presumably wouldn't have signed for McLaren at all, or certainly signed on different terms.

Lots of conjecture in that article, but there's plenty of sense in it too.
Date: September 09, 2008 09:44AM
Posted by: Ali
I think Alonso + Kubica wouldn't be a problem. They seem to be good friends and except with Hamilton, Alonso has good relation with Trulli and Fisichella, so I'm not sure if the problem was Alonso or Hamilton.
Date: September 09, 2008 11:12AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Thats a good point about Trulli. Alonso and Trulli were good friends when they were at Renault together, even in 04 when Trulli was outperforming Nando, so he can obviously handle being beaten by a teammate.

Date: September 09, 2008 11:18AM
Posted by: vesuvius
SexySam182 Wrote:
> Thats a good point about Trulli. Alonso and Trulli
> were good friends when they were at Renault
> together, even in 04 when Trulli was outperforming
> Nando, so he can obviously handle being beaten by
> a teammate.

actually he can't handle that...according to Pat Symonds that's the only thing that Fernando can't handle so well is that if his teammate is faster than him.
Date: September 09, 2008 12:05PM
One thing is if a driver can handle to be beaten by his team-mate (not many drivers are capable of such thing), the other is that Alonso and Trulli have good relation and I do not remember that they had any big conflict. The media and fans are always obsessed with Alonso's character and his "problems" with team-mates, but reality seems that not many drivers have bad words about Alonso, even team-mates.
Date: September 09, 2008 04:57PM
True, Fernando and Jarno were good freinds as team mates even when Jarno was beating Fernando.
Date: September 09, 2008 06:41PM
Posted by: marcl
I hope he does go to BMW he desrves a better car.
Date: September 09, 2008 06:47PM
Posted by: Nickv
I hope he doesn't. Neither Heidfeld nor Kubica deserves to be kicked out. The only 'fair' option in my eyes is that if Kimi decides to retire and Kubica goes to Ferrari.
Date: September 09, 2008 07:07PM
Who says that Nick or Robert are going to be kicked out? Either driver may find a better contract with another team and with the 2009 regs changes teams like Renault or Honda may well be more competitive next season.
Nick is under pressure from the BMW management but i do think he is doing a good job, qualifying aside.
Date: September 09, 2008 11:27PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Nickv Wrote:
> I hope he doesn't. Neither Heidfeld nor Kubica
> deserves to be kicked out. The only 'fair' option
> in my eyes is that if Kimi decides to retire and
> Kubica goes to Ferrari.

yeah but the rumour is now that Kimi has said yes to the offer given by Ferrari and will continue until the end of the 2011.
Date: September 10, 2008 10:29AM
Posted by: chet
Alonso to Honda is still a hope of mine.

2 of my 3 favourite drivers in the same car :D.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 10, 2008 10:35AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
here is the 'los quemagomas' parody of alonso's 2009 driver choice ;) ;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 10, 2008 02:31PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
wow even Marca now announced that BMW has contracted Alonso going to announce him this Monday after Italian GP
Date: September 10, 2008 02:49PM
Posted by: marcl
Nick will probably just go to renault.
Date: September 10, 2008 03:09PM
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> wow even Marca now announced that BMW has
> contracted Alonso going to announce him this
> Monday after Italian GP

I think Alonso has something with someone. I think is to good driver to be "ignored" if he is on the market, but I still don't believe anything.
Ferrari, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Renault...we'll see, but probably not next Monday (but who knows).
Date: September 10, 2008 03:13PM
Posted by: chet
haha that vid is awesome :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy