Renault R28

Posted by SchueyFan 
Re: Renault R28
Date: February 07, 2008 11:31AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Anyway when alonso stopped sharing Lewis was not affetced and prooved he could set the car up himself.

Not really. His performance dropped, his mistakes became more common, and he threw away the championship. How this could be interpreted as a good thing, I do not know.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 07, 2008 11:59AM
Posted by: marcl
If you look at the races after silverstone Alonso was only really ahead twice, italy and Spa. The rest Lewis was ahead in terms of speed as vesuvius said.

I still only feel China mistake cost him the championship and the team should aslo take some of the blame for that. Brazil even without that error the car would have probably gone wrong so he still would not have got the points needed. But in China he was way ahead of alonso and in Brazil alonso was never on the same pace as lewis had he been he may have beaten kimi and won the championship himself.

Yes lewis lost the championship right at the end of the year but alonso should have been world champ had it not been for his errors in spain, japan, canada and some luckluster races where he just did not have the pace of lewis in the same car. But people keep over looking this.

But maybe going his own way in setup did not help his rear tyre wear.

But even when they were sharing car setup Lewis got more out of the setup.

Anyway this could go on and on. We both see things in a different way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2008 12:55PM by marcl.
Date: February 07, 2008 09:44PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Does anybody have the HI RES photo pack for the R28, the link doesn't work anymore.
Date: February 08, 2008 09:53AM
Posted by: mikef1
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you look at the races after silverstone Alonso
> was only really ahead twice, italy and Spa. The
> rest Lewis was ahead in terms of speed as vesuvius
> said.

Fernando won the fantastic European GP too remember. Plus at both the Turkish and Chinese GPs Lewis was too hard on his tyres whereas Fernando drove more tactically.
Date: February 08, 2008 10:23AM
Posted by: marcl
Yes Alonso was brilliant at the european GP. That was one of his best wins.

We still dont know what happened in Turkey I thought it was a cut in the tyre rather than driving to hard on them? I can not fully remember. But that whole weekend Alonso was not on the pace of Lewis both in quali and the race. As I said there were races last year that had alonso been on the pace of Lewis he would have won the championship. Lewis was just constant all year but then the last 2 races it just went away when all he needed to do was what he done all year and that get the top 3 but he started going for wins each time and making errors.

But yes China Lewis went for it at the start and pulled away from the rest of the feild but wore his tyres out. But as its been said mclaren could see the tyre problem and they should have bought him in. Maybe if lewis had more experience he would have made that call himself.

People seem to forget that it was his 1st year in f1 and mistakes were going to happen, but he made them right at the end when it mattered and the whole world were watching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2008 10:49AM by marcl.
Date: February 08, 2008 10:56AM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We still dont know what happened in Turkey I
> thought it was a cut in the tyre rather than
> driving to hard on them?

Given the corner he'd just come through when it failed it tends to heavily suggest to me that the tyre was just too hot and worn to cope with the added braking. It could just be a coincidence of course, but it does tend to sway it in the direction of a killed tyre than if it had happened anywhere else on the circuit.
Date: February 12, 2008 01:06AM
Posted by: raulongo
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]

Hi-Res pics from CrashPA and Media Site.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy