Posted by: Ali
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I seem to remember a number of problems with
> alonso at renault in the past, where he was going
> mad at fissi for not helping him in China, Canada
> and Turkey and saying Renault were not helping
> him. People seem to forget these things.

Yes, but people also seems to forget that he won two championships with a great performance, specially in 2006, when he really did some fantastic races against a car which was clearly faster during the second half of the year. I think Renault doesn't care these "small conflicts" if Alonso brings the championship.

By the way, I don't know if Renault is a second behind McLaren...I think it is too much. Perhaps 5 tenths. Ferrari is, at the same time, 3-4 tenths faster than McLaren I think. But Alonso is usually cautious at the beginning of every season. I think the gap will be smaller race after race with McLaren, but Ferrari, uf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 07:22AM by Ali.
Re: Renault R28
Date: February 01, 2008 10:49AM
Posted by: marcl
I dont think anyone is forgeting alonso is a 2 time champ.

I just think its silly for flav to say he will never let conflicts happen but they did happen in 2005 and 2006. And in the past as well with Trulli.

Alonso only left Renault in the 1st place due to the fact they would not commit to F1 and only did a little while after he left.

Mclaren gave him a car that could win the world championship and he failed, yes some was the fault of the team and some was down to him, yet he fails to accept that. And as for saying Hamilton has achieved nothing in F1 well looking at the 2007 table he beat a 2 time world champ in the same car I would say thats a good achievment in your 1st year of f1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 11:02AM by marcl.
Date: February 01, 2008 10:08PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Alonso's new helmet looks so much better with that darker blue. (Y)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 02, 2008 09:46AM
Posted by: Sapo
iCeMaN pAuL schreef:
> Alonso's new helmet looks so much better with that
> darker blue. (Y)

Have you got some pictures of it?

But if he has changed it to darker blue, i think that's better, because the azure blue was still the mild-seven blue, and didn't fit the car (however, imo that isn't necessary, i never liked the new trend of changing helmet designs to current car liveries. Irvine used to, schumacher did, and now there's guys like Alonso, Trulli and Raikkonen, who change the helmet designs twice a season. I hope for example Hamilton keeps his designs, it's original, recognizable and simple.)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: February 02, 2008 05:22PM
Posted by: Monza972
Sapo Wrote:
> iCeMaN pAuL schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Alonso's new helmet looks so much better with
> that
> > darker blue. (Y)
>
>
> Have you got some pictures of it?
>
> But if he has changed it to darker blue, i think
> that's better, because the azure blue was still
> the mild-seven blue, and didn't fit the car
> (however, imo that isn't necessary, i never liked
> the new trend of changing helmet designs to
> current car liveries. Irvine used to, schumacher
> did, and now there's guys like Alonso, Trulli and
> Raikkonen, who change the helmet designs twice a
> season. I hope for example Hamilton keeps his
> designs, it's original, recognizable and simple.)

Schumi only did it coz it conflicted with Ruben's design as the cameras + team couldnt recognise who was who
Date: February 02, 2008 08:18PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I think Malboro also offered more sponsorship money if Schumacher changed his helmet to be all red.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: February 03, 2008 03:23PM
Posted by: gp_2112
Where did Alonso change his helmet colors to a darker blue?

All the pictures I see from the most recent tests still show the familiar new design with the light blue - which also happens to have another significance than coinciding with Renault's old title sponsor. ;-)
Date: February 04, 2008 11:14PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: February 05, 2008 08:25AM
Posted by: Nickv
Before and after seem the same to me...
Date: February 05, 2008 08:32AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
your colourblind ;)

The light blue is a bit darker.

Date: February 05, 2008 10:13AM
marcl Wrote:
> And as for saying Hamilton has
> achieved nothing in F1 well looking at the 2007
> table he beat a 2 time world champ in the same car
> I would say thats a good achievment in your 1st
> year of f1.

In this conflict between Hamilton and Alonso it is now Hamilton the one who's speaking constantly, Alonso refused to say anything but that, obviously, you prefer to critise Alonso than Lewis...

Anyway, Lewis has done a good season as Villeneuve in 1996, also 4 wins. But Lewis speaks with little respect for Alonso when at the end, he has just 18 races career and Alonso more than 100. In essence, Lewis has done little yet except a big mediatic impact and not only because his driving skills.
Date: February 05, 2008 11:23AM
Years ago Mika made the same comment about Mansell that Lewis made about Alonso yet mansell did not respond like that.

Alonso done his talking last year, lewis did not slag him off infact lewis admitted he went against team orders in Hungry about quali.

All we heard last year from Alonso was moan moan moan now other people say things people that support alonso dont like it.

And now due to the moaning we end up with the display from some of his fans.
Date: February 05, 2008 12:12PM
Posted by: tripleM
"All we heard last year from Alonso was moan moan moan now other people say things people that support alonso dont like it. "

That's a hoot considering that you fell for a fabrication by f1-live (re Hamilton achieving nothing in F1).

Q. After racing with Lewis all year, how talented do you think he is?

FA: Again, the questions are about Lewis and I don't want to say anything more than what I had said all year. He is a very talented driver, and rookie of the year, surprise of the year, and everything everybody said last year nothing changed. The first year in F1, fighting for the championship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 12:15PM by tripleM.
Date: February 05, 2008 12:25PM
It was not just on f1-live though.

There were a few interviews and f1-live used the one from Spanish tv the one in autosport was from another interview.

But yes the press are adding bits all the time and we all know what the end result was.

But the problem is as there were so many different stories last year its hard to know what to belive for example both ron and lewis said they had meetings and alonso said they never, also ron said the problems had been sorted out the air had been cleared then alonso said again what meetings, yet there were other people that said they were in the meetings.

So who do u beleive thats the thing. And then there was the whole thing where alonso was going to black mail the mclaren team.

I personaly do not trust alonso he did not get what he wanted so spat his dummy out and I am not the only one that thinks that. Its my own view not shared by everyone.

And i am not saying lewis is inocent he also said things that are out of line. But it always happens when u have team mates fighting hard Mansell piquet, Senna Prost, JPM and RS, JPM and Kimi etc.

Lewis was angry after monaco and then there was the problem in Hungry and SPA.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 12:36PM by marcl.
Date: February 05, 2008 12:49PM
marcl Wrote:
> And now due to the moaning we end up with the
> display from some of his fans.

Uf man, I leave it here...you really don't like Alonso as you are now pointing him as partly responsible for what happened...
Date: February 05, 2008 01:02PM
Yes I am as why else would people blame Lewis for what happened last year then? if the comments had not come from Alonso people would have blamed him would they? But people seem to forget Alonso wanted no1 status and mclaren did not give it to him, and thats where the problem is.

I dont like alonso not just beacuse of last year but for other reasons as well and I am not the only one. When things dont go his way he blames everyone else and also does some dangerous things.

He should right now be saying to his fans "do not behave like this I have no problem with lewis" tbh both of them should do a joint press thing and clear the bloody air.

Anyway we have different views and thats fair enough i have no prob with that we are human after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 01:03PM by marcl.
Date: February 05, 2008 01:21PM
Well, I like Alonso, he is probably as boring as I am :-P and I don't like to hear Lewis saying this and that...but everyone is responsible of his acts and those guys painted in black in the circuit are not following any orders, they decided to do that because the wanted. I think it is an error to blame Alonso, Lewis or McLaren for what happened.

But I want to say something, Spanish people is not racist in the day by day life, but we are churlish, no doubt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 01:26PM by Ali.
Date: February 05, 2008 01:39PM
I dont think anyone is blaming all spanish people if they are then they are just as bad. Its like blaming all the english for football trouble and all Germans for the war.

I know I am not blaming the whole of the Spanish people, it happens sorry to say and a few people can give a lot of people a bad name.

I just think Alonso, Lewis renault and mclaren should all do something to clear the air and put a stop to all the stories before the start of the season, ron and flavio are always at each other throats as well.
Date: February 05, 2008 02:07PM
Posted by: gin
marcl Wrote:
> ....
> blaming all the english for football trouble and
> all Germans for the war...

Don't mention the war. I did it once but I think I got away with it!

Date: February 05, 2008 07:05PM
Posted by: mikef1
marcl Wrote:
> But people seem to forget Alonso
> wanted no1 status and mclaren did not give it to
> him, and thats where the problem is.
>
> I dont like alonso not just beacuse of last year
> but for other reasons as well and I am not the
> only one. When things dont go his way he blames
> everyone else and also does some dangerous
> things.
>
> He should right now be saying to his fans "do not
> behave like this I have no problem with lewis" tbh
> both of them should do a joint press thing and
> clear the bloody air.
>
> Anyway we have different views and thats fair
> enough i have no prob with that we are human after
> all.

First of all marc, find one credible source where Fernando was demanding no1 status at Mclaren. He is one of the most intelligent drivers in F1 and had his contract stated he would be the no1 driver then he would know where he stood.

Also if you read proper interviews and unbiased articles about what went on at Mclaren you'd find that Fernando was actually against having all his data and strategy available to Lewis and his mechanics but he was unable to do anything about it.

Also Fernando has spoken out against those idiots who were at the first day of testing in Barcelona to the Spanish press:

"Fernando Alonso said to Marca the he felt dissapointed about the fact that a sector of the crowd was insulting a rival while pretending to be part of his supporters."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy