Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 21, 2007 08:51PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yes, the fact that Kimi has 2 more race wins than anybody else should imo entitle him to the Championship anyway.
Date: October 21, 2007 08:53PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Big question, which team with a bend-over-backwards 2nd driver is Fernando gonna run to now?
I find the notion of him doing a Schumi-esque team turnaround doubtful.

Date: October 21, 2007 08:54PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I still think he will do a straight swap with Kovalainen, but unless Fisi stays he cannot guarantee that Piquet won't be good...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: October 21, 2007 08:54PM
Posted by: Fincent
2nd half of the season Kimi was without any doubt the best driver and he deserved the title. both Kimi and Fernando has said all the time that the driver that has the most points in the end is the deserving champion.

Then Button should have been 2006 champ :P

And by the way, I dont want anybody to take that statement seriously! This is the 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix (***SPOILERS*** ) thread, not a Jenson Button one lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: October 21, 2007 08:58PM
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still think he will do a straight swap with
> Kovalainen, but unless Fisi stays he cannot
> guarantee that Piquet won't be good...

I don't think that Fernando is as chicken as some here make out. I think he would accept Nelsinho as a team mate. Imo his biggest problem has been his relationship with his team rather than his team mate.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:01PM
Posted by: Slash
Fernando will stay for one more year i think., and next year he should be a lot stronger, i bet he's glad the season is over and now he can readjust himself and start all over again, i think his attitude this weekend showed all of us, he's staying
Date: October 21, 2007 09:02PM
Posted by: Marco1
Fantastic Job For Ferrari and Kimi Raikkonen. They managed, controlled and dominated every aspect of the race. Great Job!!

Alonso smirking and smiling at the press conference and on the podium was not only classic but it spoke volumes of McLaren's Seasonk. No matter what anyone says they didn’t deserve it, neither driver did. I have never seen a driver get tractor lifted out of the gravel trap, nor have I ever seen such preferential treatment (Japan 2007) a driver receive for such erratic and dangerous driving.

Just deserts were served up today. Kimi has driven brilliant since his introduction to formula one. His team has let him down in the past but this year, with the right Team, People, and Country behind him he has won the ultimate Drivers Championship. Great Job to him, and Great Coordination by the team

Hopefully Alonso drops out of this team and moves on with his carrier. With the kind of feuding he has had to deal with all year within that team I would hope he brings his talents somewhere else. Just goes to show you that he is above all things a fantastic driver.

McLaren (according to TSN.ca) bringing a lawsuit against Alonso shows exactly the mentality behind this team. Did Ron Denis not say he supported whistleblowers in formula one not even a couple months agok - in the case of Nigel Stephany. Yet completely backtrack his remarks when it is one of his own who blows the whistle.
Just Desserts!

Smirk on,Alonso,Smirk on!!!

Congratulations to Kimi Raikkonan,The NEW Formula One World Champion, and Forza Ferrari.

p.s. Itv is well aware of the fact they reach a global audience. To have such disgusting commentary by James Allen as was conducted today prevail into next year is criminal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 09:10PM by Marco1.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:02PM
That would be a shocker. I can't see him staying but it would be fun to have another season of Lewis and Fernando at loggerheads.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:04PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Yeah, I think with Kimi being champion, Alonso will stay at McLaren. I'm sure he'll want a second chance at proving he can be better than Lewis in a similar car.

BTW: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!

Ok, I'm feeling better now :)
Date: October 21, 2007 09:06PM
Posted by: flat tyre
What a cracking race! A great way to end the season. I bet loads of british people watched that race just because Lewis might have won it, and I reckon that those who didn't get bored by it may well watch it again due to how good it was.

I'm glad that Kimi won it :) before this race he was the last person I wanted to win it, but now that it's happened I think that it was best that he won it. Because of it, Lewis still has a fire in him to win the title, and Alonso is now the hunter again.

So, NO more races with Traction Control :) NO more races with Wurz :( NO more races with Ralf Schumacher (in a toyota anyway) :) NO more races for 5 months :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: October 21, 2007 09:12PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
btw in november finally we will see schumacher(michael) racing again (at least in brazil) in an event against massa / hamilton :PPPPP (also alot of good ppl likes tony kanaan, dan wheldon...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 09:14PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:14PM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:39AM by jawwad01.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:15PM
Posted by: Fincent
Source? Confirmation? Sounds too good to be true lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: October 21, 2007 09:16PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Dont know if this has been said before, but Ferrari would've beaten Mclaren in both championships even if they weren't disqualified from Constructors.
Raikkonen 110 + Massa 94 = 204
Hamilton 109 + Alonso 109 = 218...
Minus constructors points not counted in Hungary = 203
Ferrari win fair and square!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 09:17PM by y2cwr2005.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:16PM
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:39AM by jawwad01.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:17PM
Posted by: barbos
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Well done KIMI! :):):):):)
Finally, I waited for this day, since 2003.
Fantastic race, you deserve it Kimi.
Yes, finally :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 21, 2007 09:19PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Congrats Kimi

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....................

Date: October 21, 2007 09:20PM
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:38AM by jawwad01.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:21PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Oh my God, I can't believe what happened!! I'm still in a daze.

the race could have gone 1 of 2 ways, a straight forward borefest with Hamilton taking the lead at the start and romping away with it and crowning his superb season off with a win and the championship.

OR, it could have had strange incidents/car problems and Lewis being put out of the points and being made to fight very hard for it.

and we got the 2nd one, to my amazement!

i was overjoyed when Lewis went off at T4 on lap 1, and the problem he had during the ad-break was like the miracle Alonso asked for in the build-up, he said he needed one in China and he got it, and we got it in Brazil too.

I don't think it's bad to wish for a problem for the driver you don't want to win, I've wanted Kimi to win it from day 1 of this season, and he's had his share of mechanical problems so it's fair for Lewis to have some too.

either way, massive congratulations to Kimi, Ferrari, and particularly thanks to Felipe. however it worked out, he knew he'd have to let Kimi through if he had a chance if Lewis was low down in the order.

also, well done to Lewis, you've done fantastically well this year, you've driven better than most of us expected, and i'm amazed you've led the championship for all these months. you've got a long career ahead of you so don't be disheartened, your day will come. i agree that although it would have been an amazing achievement after everything he's achieved in his first season (being on a par with Alonso, winning pole positions and race), winning the title in his first season is too early. he's young so he'll no doubt be in this position many more times in the future, it's clear he's not just another also-ran, he's a genuine contender who got unlucky when it mattered, as Schumacher did last year at Japan and Brazil also.

but at the end of it, i believe the right man won it and in the right way, no bullshit in the press, no controversy, just kept his head down and did the job he had to do, fantastic! plus he won the most races despite those retirements, so he'd probably have won it in Japan or China has he finished those race, so overall he's been the best over the whole season, IMO.

and i don't understand you people saying you like that Kimi has won but not the fact that he did it in a Ferrari. fact is, McLaren couldn't give him the car he needed while he was with them, so he had to go elsewhere. Ferrari, despite the few problems they had this year, was still more reliable than anything he ever drove at McLaren.

and finally, commiserations to Ron Dennis, who couldn't even pluck up the sportsmanship to congratulate Kimi on the championship, instead wallowing in his own self-pity. despite your hatred for Ferrari, a few words for Kimi wasn't to much to ask, Ron.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 21, 2007 09:23PM
Posted by: gav
First off, awesome race (for the dry). I was going to jump up and down singing about Trulli, as I thought he did a great race, but then he pitted. Obvious choice is Rosberg - simple stunning drive (as he's done all season) to jump the BMWs in the race - don't think many would have predicted that. Second to Kimi - all through recent years we've seen drivers wilt in their drives to title, but he stuck to what we know of him. Excellent.

Monza972 Wrote:
> OMG!! how big must alonso's ass be burning!!!!!

I've got no idea what the @#$%& you just said.

Fincent Wrote:
> Great race :) although I'm gutted Lewis didn't
> win. As usual, ITV's adbreak timing was perfect
> and when it came back on screen and he had 18 next
> to his name i was like :o ...

Yeah, we tried to guess when his car would fail but out of 761* minutes of the season we missed by 1. Sorry. I promise we'll do better next year - Ron's said he'll pre-arrange it.

jbnd05 Wrote:
> Taking the "whole year into account", Lewis was
> leading since the Spanish GP.

Taking the "whole year into account", Lewis lost.

James Allen made a couple of VERY annoying mistakes today, but I'm so pleased that Hamilton didn't win (not for him, but for ITV and that their cocks will have to cope without the familiarly brown lubrication for over 4 months) that I've completely forgotten what they were. I think that's a good thing.

* minutes not rounded up or down because I can't be arsed

//edit:
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> Congrats Kimi
>
> WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE
> CHAMPIONS....................

The only thing I hate more than a bad winner is you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 09:24PM by gav.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy