Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 21, 2007 08:30PM
Posted by: Senna
K I M I R A I K K O N E N W O R L D C H A M P I O N 2 0 0 7 ! ! !

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I already knew it :)

@Joe_Satriani: YAY, finally your hero won it! :D He deserved it, revenge for 2005! :P

I said a gazillion times that Lewis wasnt ready to win a WC yet. China and Brazil proved my point. He has to improve much more to be there. I'm more than happy and bring on 2008 Season, Piquet FTW! :)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: October 21, 2007 08:30PM
Posted by: Monza972
Lewis screwed it up big time in turn 2, he could've just hold on to take alonso!!! OMG!! how big must alonso's ass be burning!!!!!

WOOOO KIMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: October 21, 2007 08:31PM
Posted by: vesuvius
YAY congratulations Kimi ,I knew you can do it .well deserved title.
Date: October 21, 2007 08:31PM
Posted by: Fincent
Great race :) although I'm gutted Lewis didn't win. As usual, ITV's adbreak timing was perfect and when it came back on screen and he had 18 next to his name i was like :o ...and then he just floored it. The first half of the race he was flying and catching back and i thought he could actually do it. But after his stop for the softer tyres he just sorta slowed down and didn't get much further. As his father said though, he's here to stay and I can't wait to see how the future is going to unfold for this lad.

Kimi, well done! Always supported you in your McLaren days and when you went to Ferrari I was a bit dubious. Aye, I would have preferred Hamilton to win but Kimi is fully deserving of the title...after all, I am NOT a Lewis fanboy, I am an F1 fanboy. Fantastic way to clinch a title from all that way back :) and I think that was officially the happiest we've ever seen him.

Alonso? Well, it would have been an awkward title if he would have won after the way he has treated the team. It would have made a good story yes, but for all the wrong reasons (and would have given the spanish media an opportunity to stick to fingers up to the rest of the world as well lol).

Very close finish at 111-110-110...incredibly close, lol. Roll on next year I say :) can't wait to find out where Fernando is going.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: October 21, 2007 08:32PM
Posted by: Red Sam
> Red Sam Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----------------
> > Quite agree - Alonso made more mistakes in
> Canada
> > Turn 1 than Hamilton made in the entire
> season...
>
> but this one was fatal!! lol

Except it wasn't, was it? He would have won the championship even with running wide.

The technical problem was fatal...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: October 21, 2007 08:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Got to take the whole year into account please.

Kimi scored 27 more points than Lewis since the French GP. The failure didn't cost Lewis the championship, Kimi was on a charge, and has had mechanical issues this year too.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 21, 2007 08:39PM
Posted by: Karan
in hindsight Lewis' rash move on lap 1 was probably irrelevant when considering he wouldve dropped down the field after his electrical glitch anyways?

Posted by: sasjag
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got to take the whole year into account please.
>
> Kimi scored 27 more points than Lewis since the
> French GP. The failure didn't cost Lewis the
> championship, Kimi was on a charge, and has had
> mechanical issues this year too.

agreed, but RedSams point is that Lewis' mistake at teh start was not what cost lewis teh championship, as people are trying to make out

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Posted by: jbnd05
DaveEllis Wrote:
>

Taking the "whole year into account", Lewis was leading since the Spanish GP. However, I agree with Fincent's post, I'm not trying to bring Kimi down, I'm glad for him.

Date: October 21, 2007 08:40PM
Posted by: matt3454
DaveEllis Wrote:
>

Theres no need to take the whole year into account when its the final race.

Date: October 21, 2007 08:42PM
but if mclaren hadnt pushed lewis' tyres to the limit in china he would've won it there or maybe just got some points out of it to clinch it brazil. i blame the team imo
Date: October 21, 2007 08:46PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
i think lewis lose the title in china -.-" ffs if he reached in 4th he was champ...
Date: October 21, 2007 08:47PM
Posted by: mikef1
Wow what a race!
So pleased for Kimi as he fully deserved to win it. No bitching, no politics and a superb second half to the season made his Championship a real surprise. It reminded me of 1986 when i was sure that Mansell was going to win it and Prost stole it from both the Williams drivers.
Also pleased that Fernando didn't win it as he has had a poor season compared with the last two, made too many mistakes and he really didn't fit in with the team and it's philosophy in the end. I think if Fernando wasn't so flustered this season by how good Lewis was he would have wrapped it up a race or two ago.
Shame for Lewis who drove very well for most of the season but his lack of experience and overexuberance put paid to his chances but to be in that position in the first place is an amazing achievement.
Still can't believe Kimi won it! ;)
Posted by: Red Sam
When he lost the championship because of the gearbox, then you definitely blame the car - but the team did a fantastic job this year, given all of the rubbish they have had to put up with.

Lewis has shown himself to be real championship material, up there with Kimi, and has a great career ahead.

I hope that Kova or Rosberg are with Lewis next year, cos I have high hopes for them too!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Posted by: Nickv
Oh bugger :P

Oh well, I am getting used to not having McLaren winning the title :P
Posted by: Slash
sometimes those desicion are between the team and driver, let's not protect him too much, a lot of people are doing that, but i think those desicions are between the team and driver, remember michael last year in hungary?
Posted by: DaveEllis
Theres no need to take the whole year into account when its the final race.

If you don't take into account the entire year, why do they bother scoring points for it?

Of course the whole year counts.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 08:48PM by DaveEllis.
Date: October 21, 2007 08:48PM
thats exactly what i'm saying! he wouldnt even have had to do anything and let his car drive him to the finish
Date: October 21, 2007 08:49PM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:39AM by jawwad01.
Date: October 21, 2007 08:50PM
Posted by: vesuvius
2nd half of the season Kimi was without any doubt the best driver and he deserved the title. both Kimi and Fernando has said all the time that the driver that has the most points in the end is the deserving champion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy