Ferrari: Hamilton title would be tainted

Posted by mika19b 
Re: Ferrari: Hamilton title would be tainted
Date: October 02, 2007 09:51PM
Posted by: erwin_78
Luca shoudn't complain that hard, thanks to mclaren ferrari have won the constructors championship! :)
Just because the drivers title seem to be looking out of reach he's shouting to make it less worthy, not that it helps though...

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: October 02, 2007 10:25PM
Posted by: brnco
OK lets make one thing clear here. Let's say Mclaren is illegal car. Fine. Ban them from cons. champ. But it isn't legal because the parts or systems or whatever it has has been gained in the illegal way. The parts are not illegal. (I'm not saying Mclaren has illegal parts, just want to make a point here.) It is the way the car was developed that is illegal, but what it has to do with drivers? Nothing. As far as they are concerned the cars are legal because they fit in the rules (weight, heigth, wings, rpms etc.) just development doesn't fit the rules, and this has nothing to do with drivers. Lets say that Mclaren used the money for development from the tax fraud. They would be in trouble as a team but the cars would fit in the FIA rules, wouldn't they. The point is the product is legal in terms of FIA regulations, The problem is in the procces of producing the product. So Lewis or Alonsos championship is fair and well deserved, ok they drove the best car, but will you say that Mansells championship is tainted because he drove the best car, obviously not. So this faggot di montezemolo is 100% wrong, even if Maccas are 100% Ferrari.

Jou can just say it this way: we had 4 ferraris on the grid this season (It is not true I know, but only to strenghten my point here) and Lewis is champion, so he has beaten three drivers driving the same car as he does, and that will make his championship tainted?

Luca di Montezemolo you are a fool. Big one.
Date: October 02, 2007 11:28PM
Posted by: tripleM
Schedule 3 of the Concorde Agreement says

"A constructor is a person (including any incorporated or unincorporated body) who owns the intellectual property rights to the rolling chassis it currently races, and does not incorporate in such chassis any part designed or manufactured by any other constructor of F1 racing cars except for standard items of safety equipment, providing that nothing in the Schedule 3 shall prevent the use of an engine or gearbox manufactured by a person other than the constructor of the chassis."

From the Constructor's details of entry

"We, the Applicant, hereby confirm that we are a "constructor" within the meaning of schedule 3 of the 1998 Concorde Agreement."

And also includes the drivers (they are not entered separately from the constructors)

"ii) With the drivers referred to below which we nominate for the purpose of Articles 13.2e) & 19.1 of the Sporting Regulations
Driver of the first car [or*]................................................................................................................................................
Licence Number .................................................Issued By...................................................
Driver of the second car [or*] ........................................................................................................................
Licence Number .................................................Issued By...................................................
(tick only if applicable)
[ ]* We wish to nominate the name of the driver of the first car subsequent to this application. For this purpose we expressly agree to be bound by the provisions of Article 13.2e) of the Sporting Regulations.
[ ]* We wish to nominate the name of the driver of the second car subsequent to this application. For this purpose we expressly agree to be bound by the provisions of Article 13.2(e) of the Sporting Regulations."

Or put it this way, a driver can't compete for the WDC with a car that doesn't comply with the regulations.

Guess that makes the faggot 100% right.

Date: October 02, 2007 11:33PM
Posted by: Red Sam
But there is no proof that the McLaren is using intellectual property from another car.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: October 02, 2007 11:40PM
"So this faggot di montezemolo is 100% wrong, even if Maccas are 100% Ferrari."

Anyway i guess i should change my closing line to

"Guess that makes the faggot 100% right, if the suspicions are proven to be true.

Date: October 03, 2007 12:28AM
Posted by: Muks_C
so we must wait for the outcome of any checks of the 2008 McLaren design plans to see if any intellectual property went into any Macca parts for next season.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 03, 2007 05:25AM
Posted by: assadof1
well i am not gone talk about if the mclaren are guilty or not, but the FIA says that they are, so if mclaren are innocent they should appeal the decision and prove it and clean the mclaren name (and don't tell me that they refuse to appeal becouse they are looking for the good of the sport, coz if they are really, they shouldn't start a same case against renault). so anyway imagine if we are in a horse racing and the one of the horses had take's some drugs by his owner or the trainer, then the referees find out, should they only punish the horse by forcing him to lose his championship points(and he still can race but he cann't score anymore), or should they punish both the horse and the rider

kinda of weird ex. but u judge it.

speed freak
Date: October 03, 2007 05:55AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Or put it this way, a driver can't compete for the WDC with a car that doesn't comply with the regulations.

There is no evidence at the current time to suggest that the McLaren car violated the technical regulations. McLaren as a team were handed a sporting punishment for sporting regulations. The car is legal, and therefore the driver entries are legal.

Ferrari are simply miffed that they have had there ass handed to them on a plate by McLaren this season. McLaren have a rookie, whilst Ferrari have the oh-so-great Massa who they have been training since he first stepped into a Sauber and Kimi. It looked like a walk over for Ferrari this year, but it just hasn't been. Ferrari have never been in a position to challenge for either of the Championships and have only won the constructors because McLaren were removed for them. Lucas just having a strop because they won't win the only title that people actually care about and they are getting whipped by a rookie.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 06:24AM by DaveEllis.
Date: October 03, 2007 06:23AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Well said DaveEllis and also the fact that Ferrari haven't done anything since 2004 probible has Luca mad as well.
Date: October 03, 2007 10:22AM
Posted by: welshjim22
Another reason to dislike Ferrari. They have won the championship by the ruling bodies decision to kick out Mclaren not because they built the fastest and most reliabe car. Not only has the full report from the FIA left more questions than it answered, the initial quotes aren't as daming against Mclaren as first thought once seen in full perspective of what was said but they also seem to have a history of FIA decisions in their favour. I still think Ferrari should have been given a warning at least about the conduct of there own staff.

At this stage of the season it seems to be open day for people to say things they shouldn't. We all know Alonso doesn#t want a competitive team mate or Lewis doesn't trust Alonso and thinks the team should help him to the title after Alonso's behaviour but some things shouldn't be said in public.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: October 03, 2007 10:49AM
"Not only has the full report from the FIA left more questions than it answered, the initial quotes aren't as daming against Mclaren as first thought once seen in full perspective of what was said <snip>"

Because the FIA left the really damning parts out.

"There is no evidence at the current time to suggest that the McLaren car violated the technical regulations."

The case is not about that.

"The car is legal, and therefore the driver entries are legal."

Only if you rely on the people who conveniently managed to "miss" the e-mail communications between Coughlan (and de la Rosa.

After copying all their system’s e-mails “as at the end of April and at the
end of June” as part of their investigation (report from Simon Jones, in McLaren IT, to Neale, on July 20th), McLaren failed to find the damning De la Rosa e-mails which were sent to Coughlan’s McLaren e-mail address.

Date: October 03, 2007 10:55AM
So what your saying is there is no proof, only speculation? Thank you for proving my point. F1 operates on a innocent until proven guilty basis - the car is legal and therefore the entry is legal.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 03, 2007 11:49AM
Posted by: marwood82
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what your saying is there is no proof, only
> speculation? Thank you for proving my point. F1
> operates on a innocent until proven guilty basis -
> the car is legal and therefore the entry is legal.

well said.

Luca maybe if you and your team spent more time on sorting the car out instead of mouthing off to the press about how hard done by poor 'butter wouldn't melt in our mouths' ferrari have been, then maybe you wouldn't be almost out of the drivers title race and have needed a court decision to win the constructors title?

Mclaren were found guilty of 'possessing' confidential technical information belonging to Ferrari.

The FIA have no proof whatsoever that any ferrari designed parts are on the 2007 Mclaren.(after 2 separate hearings)

had they had such proof they would have had no choice but to declare the car illegal and in all likelyhood they would have been prevented from using it for the rest of the season (at the very least).

They didn't, case closed, can we get back to the racing now?.
Date: October 03, 2007 12:37PM
Posted by: sunil
danm Wrote:
> even if it was a clone to the ferrari, or had
> ferrari bits... he has still done much better than
> kimi and massa!

i just don't agree,..

not (lewis) done better than two ferrari drivers, it's mclaren done well with their cars(ofcourse hmmm,) than ferrari.

that's for sure

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: October 03, 2007 12:44PM
not (lewis) done better than two ferrari drivers

I've done better than Massa, and I haven't even driven a race. Massa has been shocking this year and needs to go back down to the lower ranks where he deserves to be.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 03, 2007 12:58PM
Posted by: sunil
@marwood82

i think u should go through the transcript issued next day after cout hearing about this case.clearly ALONSO and de rose told to FIA that data from ferrari has been tested by both couple of times.
MCLAREN are not stupid and in-experience to use exact copy of ferrari aerodynamics data and get caught ,they are well and vastly experienced to get good clues from those data where to use to build their parts

Clearly MAXMOSLEY told that drivers champ would have banned but due to voting of members in council and sport sake we didn't able to do that. THAT"S the main reason they charged massive amount which is 100million pounds.

NARAIN Karthikeyan who was test driver for williams owns club in chennai, india , we got the source information from them that in that massive amount fine 30%or less will be shared with ferrari in order to calm them and let mclaren drivers score points not the constructor points. Even ferrari was satisfied and they too didn't want this sport gets damaged.

The main reason in order not to ban drivers is because of hamilton, b'coz of him youth around europe especially ENGLAND shown much intereset in F1. if they ban sure the new comers of sponsers and others would turn back.

FOr others who say Ferrari tainted this year champ's,

will u be quiet and shut if something valuable and especially if it's costing ur hard work was taken by others against ur will. which we can say leeching from u .

i am not supporting here ferrari, all i am saying this time what they did was right.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: October 03, 2007 01:32PM
"So what your saying is there is no proof, only speculation?"

Not really. But you can continue playing Johnnie Cochran if you want.

On the balance of probabilities LdM's position is absolutely reasonable.

I could bore you with plenty of examples of McLaren's skullduggery but it seems the only thing that can be accepted as proof around here is a photo of Ferrari parts being painted chrome.

Date: October 03, 2007 01:43PM
Stories and speculation are not acceptable in a court of any respectabe form. Proof is what's needed and you seem unable to supply such a thing, but would rather continue to use speculation and rumours as a basis of your incorrect allegation that the McLaren car is not legal, and therefore the drivers championship null and void.

Currently there is no real evidence which proves beyond doubt that the McLaren is legal, and therefore the drivers championship challenge is a legitimate one. You can post whatever you want, however if none of it is actual proof of the car being illegal and is rather simply stories about lost emails, then none of it has any relevance to the situation.

Until proven otherwise, the car is legal. Innocent until proven guilty.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 03, 2007 03:21PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
But that's not really Luca's point.

He is alluding to the evidence demonstrating that McLaren used the stolen Ferrari data (as proved by the e-mails) and thus breached the sporting code and were subsequently thrown out of the Championship. Guilty as charged your honor. If there was sufficient doubt McLaren had the opportunity to appeal. They didn't because they can't prove their innocence or raise reasonable doubt that they did not use the data to their benefit.

The McLaren conforms to the regulations, that is not in doubt.

Luca should really bottle it, as his statements are merely clouding the issue and making people think the McLaren has actual pieces of Ferrari car on it which is not the case at all.

Date: October 03, 2007 03:25PM
Posted by: marwood82
sunil Wrote:
> @marwood82
>
> i think u should go through the transcript issued
> next day after cout hearing about this
> case.clearly ALONSO and de rose told to FIA that
> data from ferrari has been tested by both couple
> of times.

read it the day it published(if anyone hasn't btw, I’d recommend it its quite fascinating)

> MCLAREN are not stupid and in-experience to use
> exact copy of ferrari aerodynamics data and get
> caught ,they are well and vastly experienced to
> get good clues from those data where to use to
> build their parts

I'm referring to luca's allegation that there’s ferrari parts on the Mclaren.

Luca said, "It means that if Hamilton wins the championship, he will also win it thanks to Ferrari because there is a lot of Ferrari in his car."

Paddy Lowe gave statements to hearing to the effect that this was not possible due to the way Mclarens design/engineering departments are setup. (if you believe him or not that’s up to you)

from the FIA's verdict.

8.5 The WMSC rejects this suggestion. The WMSC has full jurisdiction to apply Article 151(c) and stresses that it is not necessary for it to demonstrate that any confidential Ferrari information was directly copied by McLaren or put to direct use in the McLaren car to justify a finding that Article 151(c) was breached and/or that a penalty is merited. Nor does the WMSC need to show that any information improperly held led to any specifically identified sporting advantage, or indeed any advantage at all. Rather, the WMSC is entitled to treat possession of another team's information as an offence meriting a penalty on its own if it so chooses.

- so the guilty verdict does not automatically imply there are ferrari parts on the car.

8.12 The evidence leads the WMSC to conclude that some degree of sporting advantage was obtained, though it may forever be impossible to quantify that advantage in concrete terms.

- even the FIA couldn't prove one way or another what had/hadn't been used.

so Luca's statement is completely unsubstantiated.

> Clearly MAXMOSLEY told that drivers champ would
> have banned but due to voting of members in
> council and sport sake we didn't able to do that.
> THAT"S the main reason they charged massive amount
> which is 100million pounds.
>
> NARAIN Karthikeyan who was test driver for
> williams owns club in chennai, india , we got the
> source information from them that in that massive
> amount fine 30%or less will be shared with ferrari
> in order to calm them and let mclaren drivers
> score points not the constructor points. Even
> ferrari was satisfied and they too didn't want
> this sport gets damaged.

i understood the cash may go back into the tv pot so yes ferrari would then get some of it, maybe thats what they were on about?(could be completely wrong on that one)

> The main reason in order not to ban drivers is
> because of hamilton, b'coz of him youth around
> europe especially ENGLAND shown much intereset in
> F1. if they ban sure the new comers of sponsors
> and others would turn back.

I think there’s a little anti hamilton cynicism creeping in there.

> FOr others who say Ferrari tainted this year
> champ's,
>
> will u be quiet and shut if something valuable and
> especially if it's costing ur hard work was taken
> by others against ur will. which we can say
> leeching from u .
>
> i am not supporting here ferrari, all i am saying
> this time what they did was right.

Totally agree 100% with that. Mclaren were in the wrong and deserve to be punished. Ferrari were 100% right to push for the issue to be investigated.
But we've had 2 hearings and a verdict that even ferrari have said they were satisfied with has been reached.

What i don't agree with is them continuing to moan to the media and making allegations against mclaren that they cannot prove.

The drivers championship is tainted eh?

hmmm, i recall Massa saying the other week that the constructors title wasn't tainted?

funny that, the title they don't win is corrupt, the one they have won is ok?

its been a sorry period for all those involved and the sport in general. it would be nice if we could get back to the on track issues. instead of having to put up with the continued trading of insults via the newspapers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 03:37PM by marwood82.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy