Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 06, 2006 12:24AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Much like it happened in 2004 when they brought in the revised car. Kimi got pole at Silverstone I think and then has some good races towards the end of the season, including that win at Spa. McLaren clearly can fix their cars...I just wish they could start with a good car every year, heh.
Date: August 06, 2006 12:27AM
Posted by: vesuvius
yes they have had many problems always at the start of the seasons last few years.
Date: August 06, 2006 12:54AM
Posted by: marcl
alot of their probs this year were caused my merc the engine was no really ready till 3 weeks before the start.

quali was good that time by ms was stunning.

personally i think alonso and ms should have been put to the back of the grid. What alonso done was just stupid there was no need. And ms passing under red flags is not as bad as alonso but still totally against the rules.

I still think MS can win this race and I think ferrari will be a bot upset that massa never got pole but a great job by kimi.

I dont think we will see jv again and nick better watch out as the new guy was stunning
Date: August 06, 2006 01:03AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
GP Hongarije: Startgrid
[06 augustus - 00:01]

1. Kimi Raikkonen
1:19.599

2. Felipe Massa
1:19.886

3. Rubens Barrichello
1:20.085

4. Pedro de la Rosa
1:20.117

5. Mark Webber
1:20.266

6. Ralf Schumacher
1:20.759

7. Giancarlo Fisichella
1:20.924

8. Jarno Trulli
1:21.132

9. Robert Kubica
1:22.049

10. Nick Heidfeld
1:20.623

11. Michael Schumacher
Time Penalty

12. David Coulthard
1:20.890

13. Christian Klien
1:21.207

14. Jenson Button
Engine Penalty

15. Fernando Alonso
Time Penalty

16. Tiago Monteiro
1:23.767

17. Vitantonio Liuzzi
1:22.068

18. Nico Rosberg
1:22.084

19. Takuma Sato
1:22.967

20. Scott Speed
Time Penalty

21. Sakon Yamamoto
1:24.016

22. Christijan Albers
Engine Penalty

Weather update for tomorrow:

Most of the times sunny
Temperature: 22°C
Chance for rain: 20%
Humidity: 67%
Wind: WZW 14 km/u

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2006 01:09AM by Bigbrother.
Date: August 06, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
I could see michael jumping into the podium but probably not winning. It would be nice to see massa taking his first win. As for kimi, if the car has a ferrari-like pace he should be fine.
Date: August 06, 2006 05:26AM
Posted by: Abstraction
my out of the blue prediction: a freak win by Webber.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 06, 2006 06:44AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Well, I'm getting quite excited for tonights race (after quite a few Shiraz/Viogniers!) As far as I'm concerned this is IT. This is the title fight right here in Hungary. We've seen that Alonso and Schu can win from the front, and tonight we get to see EXACTLY how they compare in traffic. Who is the better overtaker; whose team has the best strategy, it's all going to be there to see.

I expect things to get tough when:
A)Alonso makes a rocket start, and
B)When Schumacher catches Fisico.

The track marshalls should arrange this type of show more often.(and I say that without irony.)

Cheers.

Date: August 06, 2006 09:02AM
Posted by: Karan
came across this on speedtv.com [www.speedtv.com]

Rival teams are angry that Scuderia Toro Rosso has had its Cosworth V10 rev limit relaxed, we can exclusively reveal

The bonus is only available for Saturdays, which means final practice and qualifying.

Henceforth the blue and red cars can run 17,000rpm instead of the 16,700rpm that they have used until now. The limit will apply on Saturdays for the rest of the season.

Charlie Whiting told the team on Friday night, and then gave the news to the rest of the teams on Saturday morning via a Technical Directive, the 26th such document issued thus far this season.

The FIA has maintained all year that it had the right to adjust the limit in the wake of new information. Whiting says that because teams running V8s have raised their personal limits via developments during the course of the season, he wanted to adjust the V10 to maintain parity.

The decision only affects qualifying because that is when the V8 users run peak revs, and it is easy to get information on one lap. Over a race distances teams routinely adjust the limit to suit circumstances.

The news caused consternation at Midland, and the team has tried to rally support to get the decision changed.

"It’s a big joke," Midland boss Colin Kolles told SPEEDtv.com. "What else do you want me to say? They should move it down, and not up. We will have a meeting and discuss it afterwards. We will try to fight against it, we will not accept it."

Frank Williams told SPEEDtv.com: "We are very unhappy about it." He pointed out that despite its wealth the team had done no development on the engine all year, and that if it wanted to find more power, that was the best way to do it.

Mercedes boss Norbert Haug said: "I haven’t heard about it…"

Ironically despite the boost and the time penalties for the title contenders neither car made it through the first round of qualifying.

Date: August 06, 2006 11:02AM
Posted by: kizz360
tis raining at the hungaroring so it might make the race more interesting if it doesnt stop :)

Date: August 06, 2006 12:16PM
Posted by: marcl
alonso will probably be alongside ms at the 1st corner anyway
Date: August 06, 2006 12:33PM
Posted by: anze89
I have strange feeling that either MS or FA will crash in the first corner

Date: August 06, 2006 12:36PM
Posted by: pippo10
that's a crazy feeling :-)

FORZA FERRARI
Date: August 06, 2006 12:47PM
Posted by: anze89
pippo10 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> that's a crazy feeling
>
>

but it's totally possible. They both start in the midfield and they both want to get higher, I would go LOL if they both went out in the 1st corner, many people are expecting so much from this race because FA and MS don't start at the front and it would be funny if their race ended in the 1st corner

Date: August 06, 2006 12:57PM
Posted by: villej
Alonso will take MS out :P

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: August 06, 2006 01:06PM
Posted by: vesuvius
damn rain ...first time I dont hope rain this season and it comes to spoil everything :(
Date: August 06, 2006 01:14PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Rain is never a bad thing in my opinion.
Date: August 06, 2006 01:16PM
Posted by: bestobritish
yesssssssssssssssss rain at last!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 06, 2006 01:17PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
@#$%&!!!!!!!! BUGGER!!!!

PLEEEEEASE MICHELIN GIVE KIMI SOME DECENT TYRES!!!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 06, 2006 01:20PM
Posted by: Bolst
hooray! rain at bloddy last..I swear the calender has been fixed in recent years to miss possible we races! Hopefully this will be a good one.
Date: August 06, 2006 01:23PM
Posted by: Advong
Awesome, rain should make this a great race, helps schumacher

What does James Alled have against Tiago, he just said Alonso won't know who he is, nice and dismissive, plus last year when Tiago was third in US james said that would be the only F1 trophy he ever gets, both needless comments, and i swear there's been other things also

Lol @ bernie, schumacher got a penalty to make the race interesting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy