Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 05, 2006 07:01PM
Posted by: Stan
Kubica has said in an post-qualifying interview with Kai Ebel of RTL That MS didnt pass him

Date: August 05, 2006 07:50PM
Posted by: anze89
I saw it on our TV, yes MS passed under red flag but because FA again brake-tested kubica in the last corner before pits. When I first heard that MS passed under red flages I was expecting that he was doing full-speed pass other people before realizing that the practise was red flaged. The penalty of 2 seconds is too hard IMO.

Date: August 05, 2006 07:52PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
well he got the penalty so end of story.

Good job by kimi yes but it was massa that was the quickest of all and will win for sure if michael can't make a superb comeback.

Alonso with or without penalty sucked big time and thats a fact

There is a possibilty of rain tomorrow for the race so lets hope it happens but i think we will see a great race for sure with or without rain.
Date: August 05, 2006 08:19PM
Posted by: DaveEllis

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 05, 2006 08:22PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
well he did pass both cars so the penalty is right but strange alonso goes so slow and when michael passes he goes faster again and went into the pits, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, cheating alonso ?????? >>> he will need to do that cause he has no chance at all to get his second title cause they just suck for the moment ;-)

Oh well michael has more chances to win places and points then alonso and still 6 gp's to go hungary included ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2006 08:23PM by Bigbrother.
Date: August 05, 2006 08:50PM
Posted by: Karan
he (michael) passed 2 cars so definitely warranted a penalty. questions that come to mind though is why alonso was crawling so heavily then suddenly starts charging after michael and then secondly just where the heck are the FIA pulling out these 1sec per car numbers from anyway?

Date: August 05, 2006 11:12PM
Posted by: Lex

What are Kimi and Barrichello looking at? ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: August 05, 2006 11:16PM
Posted by: Forgotten
hahaha omg !
Date: August 05, 2006 11:37PM
Posted by: vesuvius
they saw a great looking women :)
Date: August 05, 2006 11:38PM
Posted by: pete-21
Well,
It's sure going to be a good race tomorrow MS & FA trying to come through from the 2nd half of the field,

Predictions for top 3

Kimi (if the engine holds up)
M Schumacher
Massa
Date: August 05, 2006 11:40PM
why would mercedes engine blow ? it has been one of the most reliable engines this year :) but not the most powerfull :(
Date: August 05, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Hardly true. I think all engines are pretty much the same this year, bar reliability issues. What McLaren has been lacking at is the aero department, but they seem to have improved quite a bit for the last few races. Plues, Hungary is very close to Monaco which is a track that McLaren was really strong...at least Kimi was.
Date: August 05, 2006 11:47PM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Hardly true. I think all engines are pretty much the same this year,
> bar reliability issues. What McLaren has been lacking at is the aero
> department, but they seem to have improved quite a bit for the last
> few races. Plues, Hungary is very close to Monaco which is a track
> that McLaren was really strong...at least Kimi was.
>
>

yes true but Kimi and Norbert Haug both said that engine is too weak ...yes their revs are very high but the power is not good enough
Date: August 05, 2006 11:48PM
Posted by: Muks_C
was just gonna say that FA might have held Kubica up causing MS to go past, and having just watched the vid Dave posted, it does look like that's what FA did. so MS had every right to look pee'd off in his interview.

but then again the team will have told MS that there was a red flag, so he should have just gone behind Kubica and followed him slowly.

seems FA is developing a taste for slowing down in front of people this weekend ;)

and how can Kubica say MS didn't pass him?

on friday, would have been funny if when FA slowed in front of Doornbos into turn 1, Doornbos had hit him thus requiring FA to have an engine change + penalty.

and lol at the Kimi and Rubens pic.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2006 11:49PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 06, 2006 12:06AM
vesuvius Wrote:
> yes true but Kimi and Norbert Haug both said that engine is too weak
> ...yes their revs are very high but the power is not good enough

May be so, but if their car was as good in aero as the mp4/20, they would be winning races. I don't think the engine is that weak.
Date: August 06, 2006 12:06AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Honestly guys, I leave the topic in your capable hands for 30 hours, and I find hundreds of posts about Senna and Schumacher and the way they won their championships. Next GP topic I start, I'm clamping down on it. Comprendez? ;-)

Now, about the qualifying. Alonso and Schumacher's penalties were justified. That's my final word on the subject. Should be good to see them come through the grid, maybe we can see an overtake for the lead on the circuit for a change! I do find it slightly ironic that Schumacher got a 2 second penalty for overtaking Alonso, who already had a two second penalty, under red flags caused by Button's Honda engine expiring. Kimi put in a flyer and deserved pole, though it will be between him and Massa and Barrichello (there's a name I thought wouldn't be up there!) for the win, and I reckon it'll be Massa. Kimi will probably get second and Barrichello third.

Posts from now on are about the race tomorrow and events surrounding that. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: August 06, 2006 12:15AM
I don't know...Massa has a lot of pressure on his shoulders: Needs to do well for the team, wants to get first win, Brazil wants to see a brazillian victory again; so he'll have to be ultra cool tomorrow, and he has show in the past that he's prone to error when on pressure (IE: Bahrain). I'd say it's Kimi for the win, with either Rubens or Massa for 2nd.

Don't get me wrong btw, I'd like to see Massa win as he's a fellow countryman, but I have doubts.
Date: August 06, 2006 12:16AM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> vesuvius Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > yes true but Kimi and Norbert Haug both said that engine is too
> weak
> > ...yes their revs are very high but the power is not good enough
>
> May be so, but if their car was as good in aero as the mp4/20, they
> would be winning races. I don't think the engine is that weak.

true also but engine has developed since the beginning of the season when it was really bad .
Date: August 06, 2006 12:20AM
Yeah, well in the end, fact is the mp4/21 is not a very good car, like the mp4/19a and the mp4/17...anyone sees a pattern there? ;)
Date: August 06, 2006 12:21AM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> Yeah, well in the end, fact is the mp4/21 is not a very good car, like
> the mp4/19a and the mp4/17...anyone sees a pattern there?
>
>

yes that is true but Kimi said after hockenheim that thanks to the new front wing car finally feels very good to drive and that is the most important thing he said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy