The Pass Under Question

Posted by Anonymous User 
The Pass Under Question
Date: September 29, 2003 04:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I've just done some looking and some drawing and ...

**Picture been edited to replicate schumacher pulling out of slipstream.**

The gap before the start of the waved yellows

I dont know the rules fully, this is my opinion based on my knowledge of the facts. Schumacher was blinded by Panis' car exactly the way at the start of the German Grand Prix when Ralf Schumachers view was blocked.

Re: The Pass Under Question
Date: September 29, 2003 04:25AM
Posted by: marcvb
well done mate... Micheal's move was completely legal!

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: September 29, 2003 04:29AM
Posted by: marcl
Agree but i felt this after watching the race highlights last night. The orig camera angle made it look like he had not passed but infact he had.

He did take a bit of a risk though as panis said he slowed down for the flag, but if he had not then would the move have been completed before the flag. anyway we do not have ifs and buts.
Date: September 29, 2003 04:30AM
Posted by: b-tone
well done mate... Micheal's move was completely illegal!

____
Tony

Date: September 29, 2003 04:35AM
Posted by: Gsey
Well done. A picture tells a thousand words. The sad part is that everybody who's complained about this move knows that he passed before the first yellow flag but because they dont understand the rule properly felt it necessary to post.
Date: September 29, 2003 04:37AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"well done mate... Micheal's move was completely illegal!"

Err... TEAR!

Date: September 29, 2003 04:38AM
Posted by: kpiotrow
the team should have informed him. illegal
Date: September 29, 2003 04:47AM
Posted by: silver demon
Actually there are yellow flags waved at the beginning of the straight too, so he did pass under yellow.
But it doesn't matter, he could have passed under a red or a black flag, as long as it's Schumacher the Stewarts don't notice it.

Post Edited (09-29-03 11:48)

''Madness in great ones must not unwacht'd go.''
Hamlet, Act II, Sc. I
Date: September 29, 2003 04:48AM
Gsey

I understand the rules and have admitted that i made a mistake, seeing different camera angels tells a different story. And i take back what i said at the time
Date: September 29, 2003 04:49AM
Posted by: kpiotrow
didnt even have him under investigation, and montoya was under investigation for yellow flag passing. team would have told him over the radio "michael, yellow flags at turn one, but pass anyway because we have the FIA in our pocket"
Date: September 29, 2003 04:53AM
No problem marcl :) As you can see though there are still posts of people who just dont get it.
Date: September 29, 2003 04:53AM
Posted by: marcvb
lol, for the millionth time, he had already overtaken before the yellow flag, so I really can't understand what all you anti-ms fans keep complaining about...

have a look at this:

Yellow flag:
If displayed by a corner worker, this means the subsequent section of the track has a problem that requires that drivers slow down and not make any passes. Usually this is because a car has crashed and is in a dangerous position. If the starter displays two yellow flags, it signifies a full-course caution, which prompts the pace car to enter the track and lead the cars around at reduced speed

"Subsequent section" means the following section of the track... therefore the cars may not overtake after the yellow flag, but are free to do so before it...

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: September 29, 2003 04:57AM
Posted by: b-tone
as usual the rules are a bit hairy.

this taken from another post:

This is a signal of danger and should be shown to drivers in two ways with the following meanings:

Single waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction. There is a hazard beside or partly on the track.
Double waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction or stop. There is a hazard wholly or partly blocking the track.
Yellow flags should normally be shown only at the marshals' post immediately preceding the hazard.

In some cases however the Clerk of the Course may order them to be shown at more than one marshals' post preceding an incident.

Overtaking is not permitted between the first yellow flag and the green flag displayed after the incident.

shown to drivers - that yellow flag at that time is being shown to ms and panis.

so those two should follow the rules and do not overtake

but then it says Overtaking is not permitted between the first yellow flag ...

so once its shown, no overtaking, and none between that and the green.

____
Tony

Date: September 29, 2003 05:07AM
I undertand what you are saying b-tone but thats not how it works. Going by your picture there are 4 cars that have moved out of the slipstream to overtake before that flag. Your saying that all 4 cars have to back off even though 2 of them are miles away from the corner. sorry but it doesnt work that way.
Date: September 29, 2003 05:22AM
all 4 cars are ms and panis.

There is just one thing though MS top speed down the str8, was it faster on that lap?

Post Edited (09-29-03 12:24)

Date: September 29, 2003 05:27AM
ah yes i see that now... very well done. I didnt look close enough at the livery. Still its pretty clear that there was no yellow flags further up the straight.
Date: September 29, 2003 05:36AM
Not sure but because the yellow flag started well into the braking zone it wouldnt make any difference as they are slowing down anyway
Date: September 29, 2003 05:37AM
Posted by: norseS4
JESUS @#$%& CHRIST GUYS!! READ GSEY'S FLAG RULE TREAD BEFORE SPREADING SOURPOUR OUT!!! MS's MOVE IS LEGAL, NOW PLEASE STOP THIS IDIOTY!!

Date: September 29, 2003 05:41AM
There were no other yellow flags up the str8 that was the only one.

The flags in the USA were very poor anyway blue flags were not shown either
Date: September 29, 2003 06:50AM
Posted by: Vader
But they were shown to the drivers. SHOWN TO THE DRIVERS.

The rules don't say "Don't overtake after passing the yellow flag",

They say "DON'T OVERTAKE WHEN THE FLAGS ARE SHOWN TO YOU".

There is a difference between passing the flag and the flag been shown to you. If it was about passing it, you can't take about "showing it to the drivers". This means that the yellow flag rules apply as sson as tghe flag is SHOWN to the drivers, that means when they SEE it, not when they pass it.

This is what the rules say, even the rules GSEY quoted. JESUS @#$%& CHRIST, norse54, can't you read?

Explain this and then stop complaining about us complaining, norse54.

Post Edited (09-29-03 13:50)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy