The Pass Under Question

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: The Pass Under Question
Date: September 29, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
im not pro schumacher, and i, for one, would like to see someone else win the championship.

i first thought the move was illegal, but as Steve's wonderful graphic shows, the move was perfectly legal.
Date: September 29, 2003 12:00PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Exactly. :)

I feel the same as you Leigh, I really want Kimi to win!

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: September 29, 2003 12:20PM
Posted by: b-tone
**Picture been edited to replicate schumacher pulling out of slipstream.**

Schumacher was blinded by Panis' car

well if thats your arument, then see my pic and see ms alongside for quite a while, and in full sight of the yellow fag

____
Tony

Date: September 29, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Maybe MS thought 'I'm alongside him, almost ahead, I might as well complete the manouevre and take the consequences if there are any after that.'

Or maybe in the couple of seconds he was alongside Panis, he was concentrating on where Panis was and getting ready for the corner at the same time and thinking 'I'm MS, nobody will penalise me if I pass in view of a yellow flag'
Date: September 29, 2003 12:41PM
Posted by: Pooky
lol at rodents comments

what a compltete loser

it aint even funny

and oleg, u member of the 101st schumacher bum @#$%& brigade,

u r more biased than anyone here (maybe excepting that ratty barstard rodent)

Date: September 29, 2003 12:45PM
Posted by: Oleg
and oleg, u member of the 101st schumacher bum @#$%& brigade,

Huh,that's the whole arguement.*Yawn*.Troll.I wonder what kind of people work as mods here as there is so much **** being tolerated.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: September 29, 2003 12:47PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Calm down you two!;)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: September 29, 2003 01:18PM
Posted by: Ellis
**Picture been edited to replicate schumacher pulling out of slipstream.**

Yes, we are all going to belive an edit picture

If we are beliving that, can we watch the race? Becuase Michael was actaully along side panis for alot longer than your picture suggests.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 29, 2003 01:42PM
Posted by: _Alex_
This thread should be close. No offense to Steve, it was an excellent post, but the language since then has been pretty appauling.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: September 29, 2003 02:58PM
Posted by: Vader
Yeah, fvck it!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 29, 2003 03:05PM
Posted by: Pooky
Alex the incnocent! ha!

if u cant hack the language then fuckinf dont read it

oh **** sorry, i @#$%& swore again

****, bugger, ****, cunt, barstard!

Date: September 29, 2003 03:08PM
erm powerhorse calm down mate

altho i do agree with your commnets your proving Alex right and making an arse out of yourself! Calm down (im saying this as defense for you, not attack)

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 29, 2003 03:30PM
Posted by: harpv
I am sorry people but you all have way too much time on your hands!

Get over it.
MS is great and he won the race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go MS all the way.

Please bring back ARROWS !!!!!!!!!

Along for the Ride.
Date: September 29, 2003 03:59PM
Posted by: sasjag
"Schumacher was blinded by Panis' car"

AFAIK all cars have lights on the dahsboard that come on when they enter a flag zone, so there shud be no "i didn't see it" excuse

the way i look at the situation is that when a blue flag is shown, it means move out the way immediatly, not move out of the way as soon as you have passed this flag

so, when a yellow flag is shown it means u cease to overtake immediately, not wait until u reach the flag before u cease overtaking

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 29, 2003 06:05PM
Posted by: norseS4
"JESUS @#$%& CHRIST, norse54, can't you read?" I can read very well thank you. Can you? My name is norse S4 not norse 54.....In case ur reading abilities are still with you, read this:

The rules of the Yellow flags are like you see in GP4. The circuit is divided into sectors, I think 10 sectors, but this depends on the track layout, and a yellow flag(or 2) only applies to the following section. The end of a "yellow" sector, is to be marked with waving green flag. IE That overtake as MS did today was allright, given that he passed Panis before the flags at the end of the start/finish straight. If yellows were shown at the previous marshal's post aswell( in this case it would have been at the start/finish line ), then it would be illegal.
These are the rules as I've learned. I've been a flag-marshal at some 11-12 races.

"Explain this and then stop complaining about us complaining, norse54."

Done. Now it's your turn to understand the rules before saying anything more...

Post Edited (09-30-03 09:47)

Date: September 29, 2003 06:08PM
But the problem is Michael knew there was a yellow sector coming up, but went into the pass anyway, knowing by the time he reached the zone he wud still be making the pass, which he was.

Date: September 29, 2003 06:15PM
Posted by: norseS4
Ellis, his car were more ahead of Panis's car before arriving into the Spot where the yellow flags were. This makes his move legal according to the rules. How difficult is really this to understand???

Date: September 29, 2003 10:23PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I'd like to thank b-tone for this image.
LOOK!!!
He's well passed before the flag and therefore it is LEGAL

This shows he is cleary infront even before the yellow flag.
The Red on the wall shows no other flags down the staright
THE END

Post Edited (09-30-03 05:37)
Date: September 29, 2003 10:45PM
Steve, what i love is how those yellow lines dont go stright accross the track at any point in ur picutre at all

I wud also like to point out Michael used the braking zone of a yellow flag corner to finish the move.

Date: September 29, 2003 11:00PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
The yellow lines are there as guides to show Michael is in front .
Even if they were straight across the track they proove my point even more

THE END

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy