Re: Indianapolis RACE " Spoiler"
Date: September 28, 2003 03:38PM
Posted by: Vader
Great minds like you?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 28, 2003 03:45PM
Posted by: marcvb
lol , this thread is funny, just coz schumi won the race, you guys are coming up with every type of excuse to say he didn't deserve the win...

I think both Kimi and Micheal had a very good race, and rubens and montoya were very unlucky today... I'm not sure about the accident between montoya and rubens, but I'm pretty sure the marshalls don't just give out penalties for nothing.. As for the yellow flag incident, as the photos somebody posted shows, while passing the flags, schumi was already ahead.. he started the overtaking way before the yellow flags were... and besides, i'm sure if somebody else did what schumi did, nobody would be making such a fuss... and yeah, even if he didn't overtake him in that straight, do you think it would have really effected the race? I'm sure schumi would have overtaken him some time after...

I know, for the montoya fans, this is a big blow, coz he was really unlucky today, he had a bad race in a very delicate moment of the championship... but hell, schumi drove a brilliant race...

And about the tyres or weather deciding the race? ffs, that's what formula 1 is all about.. it's not just about how fast you are, it's also about how well teams are able to cope with changes in weather... or the bridgestones being illegal? ffs... now that's sad...

And about the 2 rules you said they broke (pitlane), yeap... i'm very sure that they won coz of that...lol

I usually don't post in these threads, I just read them, but I thought I'd give me opinion on this one...

If you're frustrated about today's result, fine..but ferrari won fair and square today, there's no doubt about it....

Anyway... great race... the opposite of boring !!!

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: September 28, 2003 03:45PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
we shall see, when somoeone posts the rules regarding yellow flags. Im damnded sure you can pass before them, but not in the zone they are covering. Double waved means slow down and prepare to stop

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: September 28, 2003 03:49PM
Posted by: Xero
Who says Ron Dennis isn't saying anything?! Maybe he want's to take a clear look at the playback before formally making a complaint... and he has every right to do so!!

The yellow flag incident is a grey one, but as sasjag pointed out... the Ferrari pitcrew sweeping the pit lane was definitely braking the rules! For the sake of the championship, I would love to see Ferrari get some points deducted for this! Bring Montoya back into the running for Suzuka!

Re: Indianapolis RACE
Date: September 28, 2003 03:50PM
Posted by: Gsey
"so on the grid, if the pole sitter stalls and they wave yellow flags, you can ignore them until you are beside them?"

sure you could do an alonso and ram into a stationary car at full speed. The thing at point here isnt the drivers commensense. Its where yellow flags begin and where a driver is no longer allowed to pass under those conditions.

Post Edited (09-28-03 22:51)
Date: September 28, 2003 04:17PM
Yellow flag
Indicates danger, such as a stranded car, ahead. A single waved yellow flag warns drivers to slow down, while two waved yellow flags at the same post means that drivers must slow down and be prepared to stop if necessary. Overtaking is prohibited.

Thats all i can find on the offical F1 web site. Says nothing about what to do before the yellow flag though

Date: September 28, 2003 04:57PM
Posted by: LS.
what i'd like clarification on is the yellow flag is being waved 500 yds before a corner does that mean that you are allowed to overtake before you reach it or when you see it?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 28, 2003 07:56PM
You are allowed to overtake before you reach it. You must complete your move before you reach the first flag.There is no overtaking allowed between that yellow flag and the green flag. As everyone knows F1 doesnt have full course yellows. On a circuits such as malaysia a driver may be able to turn his head sideways and see a yellow flag being waved for a corner 3 turns ahead. Does this mean for the next 2 corners there can be no overtaking simply because hes seen a yellow flag?? Again coming onto the main straight he sees a yellow flag at the far end of the straight Does this mean for the full length of the straight hes expected not to pass simply because hes seen a flag?? OF COURSE NOT. F1 DOESNT HAVE FULL COURSE YELLOWS!!!!! Think about it people! Its really not that hard to grasp the concept of. What I dont understand is people who come on here who clearly dont understand the rules and start stupid rants.
Date: September 28, 2003 08:01PM
Well said that man

Date: September 28, 2003 08:39PM
Posted by: norseS4
Yes Gsey, all too damn true.

Date: September 29, 2003 01:39AM
Posted by: Pooky
im not saying he didnt deserve the win!

all im upset about is how ferrari seem to get different treatment from the stewards at every fuking race

malyasia when jpm understeered into MS - a racing incident yet JPM gets a pit stop penalty - even MS said that was harsh

now this.

its just rediculous

Date: September 29, 2003 02:03AM
Posted by: matthewp
malyasia when jpm understeered into MS

actually it was even more rediculous, MS understeered into JPM!

Date: September 29, 2003 02:49AM
Posted by: norseS4
The rules of the Yellow flags are like you see in GP4. The circuit is divided into sectors, I think 10 sectors, and a yellow flag(or 2) only applies to the following section. The end of a "yellow" sector, is to be marked with waving green flag. IE That overtake as MS did today was allright, given that he passed before the flags at the end of the start/finish straight. If yellows were shown at the previous marshal's post aswell, then it would be illegal.
These are the rules as I've learned. I've been a "flagg" marshal at some races.

I must say that this tread surprises and disapoint me a lot. Sure I would like an other WDC this year, but man MS really impressed me in this race. So did Kimi btw. Kimi is the one to come. Montoya showed what I thought, too hotheaded.

And Powerhorse, I'm a bit surprised that you don't know the flag rules in motorracing. Aren't you racing in real life?

Now Stop this fuckin' whining and just accept the result.

Date: September 29, 2003 03:32AM
Posted by: marcl
The flag should have been at the other point as well. The camera angle did make it look at 1st that he was passing under yellow
Date: September 29, 2003 03:32AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Wow! What a great race!!! Hats off to MS, he showed what he's made of in Monza, and again yesterday. JPM was unlucky, but always looked a bit untidy. Kimi was impressive, as was Button.

All of you who are bitchng about Mchael passing under yellows, the fact is a yellow zone starts at the flag, and he was already passed by that point. JPM screwed up, as some of you have admitted. Its not what the champonshp needed, but ts no real suprise. I for one hope Michael wins this year, as he's REALLY impressed me, particularly when he's under pressure.

Kimui will win one day, but he's too dull to win now. He and JPM both said identical PR crap pre race, while Michael said, "I respect them, they respect me. We'll bre on the limit, and be safe, but at the end of the day, when we're on the limit, we're flat out." Or words to that effect. He seems to have more personalty than most this year :)

Give Michael a break, he hasn't cheated, think he's still the best, and I'm even beginning to like the man.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 29, 2003 03:56AM
Posted by: Natazone
Excellent race!!! Excellent result!!! I'm very pleased with performance of MS! He deserved to be a winner of this GP. I think Michelin should think about wet tyres. It must be very-very disappointing for them.
I think Michael will win this championship. But Williams can win the constructors' cup! I think they still can do it!
For McLaren, i think, it's all over for this season. Raikkonen should have a real hard race in Japan to win it & he knows it very well.

==========================================================
NATAZONE OFFICIAL WEBSITE - ||| now.by.ru |||
NATAZONE'S GP3-2000 PAGE:
||| gp3.now.by.ru ||| or ||| natazone.narod.ru/gp3.htm |||
NOW AZLK 2004 with Gordeev and Panin :)
Re: Indianapolis RACE
Date: September 29, 2003 04:06AM
Posted by: marcl
There is still one race to go.

Kimi needs to win and if u look at the speed mclaren had there last year its possible. MS will need to be very careful as JPM does not need to hold back.

All it takes is for kimi to win and MS to have a silly bang then thats it.

Post Edited (09-29-03 11:06)

Date: September 29, 2003 04:47AM
Posted by: kpiotrow
schumacher the luckiest driver again and again. @#$%& wet tyres of michelin. why cant they be on the same tyres. f1 is gay, im not watching suzuka
Date: September 29, 2003 08:50AM
Posted by: Ellis
what i'd like clarification on is the yellow flag is being waved 500 yds before a corner does that mean that you are allowed to overtake before you reach it or when you see it?

I will clear that up for you right now if you wish

First of all, this statement is incorrect:

You are allowed to overtake before you reach it. You must complete your move before you reach the first flag.There is no overtaking allowed between that yellow flag and the green flag.

this is the rules:

The rules don't say "Don't overtake after passing the yellow flag",

They say "DON'T OVERTAKE WHEN THE FLAGS ARE SHOWN TO YOU".

there you go, thats the facts plain and simple, so you make up your mind on if he passed under yellow, and why wasnt he even put under investigation for it?

Seems like when you look at it a bit more Ferrari/Michael done alot wrong today given the pit lane situation as well :(

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 29, 2003 09:03AM
Sorry Ellis, I dont agree with you. The Fia doesnt agree with you. MS doesnt agree with you and its quite obvious that MCLAREN, WILLIAMS, RENAULT, and the rest of the teams dont agree with you. Its a very very basic rule yet there has been no protest. Theres been no mention of a protest and the fact that we are now nearly 21 hours since the beginning of the race it seems very unlikely there will be a protest. WHY? Because your interpretation of the rule is wrong. Nothing more than that.

"Between The first yellow flag and green flag"

1 metre before the first flag is still not in between. Quite simple really.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy