Posted by: Karan19
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Are you ignoring the list because you know that
> these are valid points, or because you dont know
> what they are? How long have you been watching F1
> Karan? Honestly please.
>

since 1997. Few of those races are legitimate. But the key word being few. Like TripleM said those incidents have only been put down on the basis that Schumacher was involved. So basically it doesnt really provide much information unless you look further into each individual incident on your list and modify it :P But my original point being ,big deal if he got pissed at Sato. Just because he committed similiar mistakes himself in the past you cant expect him to be a saint and go over to Sato and offer to buy him a drink that night?
he was right to be angry i believe but he should not have gestured at sato. but i suppose drivers emotions are on hyper as they exit the car. bit like when kimi pushes the marshalls away when he retires.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: The Belgium Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***
Date: September 12, 2005 11:03PM
Posted by: mikef1
I think Schumi was pissed because he thought he had a good shot at the podium on his favourite circuit, it sort of becomes understandable after the relatively crap year he's having.
Anyone here had the chance to see LIVE the boxe match between Nelson Piquet and Eliseo Salazar at Hockenheim in 1982? Or Nigel Mansell shaking Ayrton Senna neck at the box at Spa in 1986? Or Riccardo Patrese boxing with a marshall at Monza in 1977 or James Hunt doing the same at Hockenheim the same year?
I did... I've seen my first live race in television in 1972, I've seen many drivers labeled as the "bad" of his time. Pointing MS for the number of crashes is the same that say that GV was simply a crazy with a driving license.
In 1980 no one looked so much scandalized when Alan Jones turned Nelson Piquet in a poster on the wall of the first turn in Canada to avoid him to go to win the race and take the Championship. No one race to give an easy day to the others drivers...
Come on... things like the one done by MS ith TS are much more common than you believe... and I've seen worst things between motorbike riders...

Ja!
yup a podium was more than on even second.....considering that he was the fastest man on the circuit.
Who was the fastest man on the circuit?

MS was fastest for a short time.
Ralf Schumacher... 1:51.453

Ja!
Date: September 12, 2005 11:39PM
Battousai Wrote:
> Anyone here had the chance to see LIVE the boxe
> match between Nelson Piquet and Eliseo Salazar at
> Hockenheim in 1982? Or Nigel Mansell shaking
> Ayrton Senna neck at the box at Spa in 1986? Or
> Riccardo Patrese boxing with a marshall at Monza
> in 1977 or James Hunt doing the same at Hockenheim
> the same year?
> I did... I've seen my first live race in
> television in 1972, I've seen many drivers labeled
> as the "bad" of his time. Pointing MS for the
> number of crashes is the same that say that GV was
> simply a crazy with a driving license.
> In 1980 no one looked so much scandalized when
> Alan Jones turned Nelson Piquet in a poster on the
> wall of the first turn in Canada to avoid him to
> go to win the race and take the Championship. No
> one race to give an easy day to the others
> drivers...
> Come on... things like the one done by MS ith TS
> are much more common than you believe... and I've
> seen worst things between motorbike riders...
>

yeah or how about Senna and Irvine at Suzuka 1990 or something?

Once again you miss the point

Schumacher was angry - thats fine. I would be to if i had been taken out. He then slated Sato to the press - unacceptable given his driving record.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
@Karan19 - Probably 1991.. that was the first race of Eddie Irvine... if I'm not wrong...

@DaveEllis - You never herd the words of Jo Siffert about Pedro Rodriguez when team mates at BRM... right?
Or Nelson Piquet talking about Senna and telling him that he was a gay... right? Or Juan Manuel Fangio and Jean Behra telling to the press that they was sure that Enzo Ferrari was doing some sort of sabotage to their cars...
Or... well... there is nothing new under the sun...

Ja! :)
Date: September 12, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: chet
The reason for Shumis anger was because he thought he could have won...

but still Dave your rite... Micheal was rather insulting to Sato and considering what micheal did in Turkey i found his comment quite rude...

but heat of the moment.. adrelenin ( icant spell :P) pumping etc.. im sure every other driver would have sed the same.. cept kimi.. who would have just looke blank and sed whatever ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 12, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: Zyklef
@Battousai - I believe it was Suzuka '93
Date: September 13, 2005 12:02AM
Posted by: gary42
Yeah, but they were less media-trained nowadays. I'm sure the sponsors would not have been happy, and if it had been anyone from lower down the grid then there would have been sanctions. Anyway, he has some cheek, taking Webber out in Bahrain then slatin Sato here. It's racing, people have accidents. It's an accident, not on purpose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2005 12:03AM by gary42.
Date: September 13, 2005 12:09AM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Once again you miss the point
>
> Schumacher was angry - thats fine. I would be to
> if i had been taken out. He then slated Sato to
> the press - unacceptable given his driving record.

unacceptable? you cant be serious.

he was exactly right in what he said about sato having had several questionable incidents in the past. if you look at sato's accident record...well at the rate at which he's going, if his career had been as along as Schumachers his list would be 3 times the size of the one you posted. Secondly I'm sure everyone knows here the media will blow up any story to make it more juicier than it may seem. I'm sure we'll hear the actual facts in a few days which things have cooled down.
Date: September 13, 2005 12:27AM
Posted by: gary42
With Montoya/Pizzonia, anyone else notice similarities between this and the Williams days in 2003

@Zyklef - You're right! That was the last race won by Senna... sigh

Ja!
Date: September 13, 2005 01:11AM
Posted by: marcl
james allen said he was the fastest man but he was not rs and jt were ms had gone on slicks then stopped again thats y he was far back his race was done really.

at the end of the day sato made an error just as ms did last year in china taking klien out the race just as he did in japan 2003 nearly taking sato out the race
Date: September 13, 2005 01:12AM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Battousai, Senna's last race win was Adelaide '93.

he punched Irvine at Suzuka '93, Irvines 1st ever F1 race.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2005 01:13AM by Muks_C.
Date: September 13, 2005 12:08PM
Posted by: Muks_C
on the Sports Letters page of BBC teletext, someone wrote:

"Yet again a McLaren fails while in the lead. Montoya's the best McLaren driver too."

did he even watch the race?

JPM was 2nd, not 1st, and his car didn't fail, he was punted out by another driver.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2005 12:21PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy