£50 million for Buttons services!

Posted by bestobritish 
Date: August 29, 2005 10:27PM
Posted by: bestobritish
From crash.net..........

Jenson Button will stay with BAR-Honda in 2006 - providing the Brackley based squad pay Williams around UK£50 million in compensation.

Button signed a deal with Williams for 2006 last year, when ironically he wanted to leave BAR for the Grove based squad. However in the end after the Contract Recognition Board ruled BAR had the valid contract he was made to stay with them for this season. Button though has now decided he doesn't want to move anymore, following BMW's decision to leave Williams and go it alone.

According to British newspaper, The News of the World, BAR have already offered Williams around UK£20 million, an offer Frank Williams has rejected.

"Their first offer was way short of the mark," a Williams 'insider' supposedly told the 'paper. "Frank can play hard-ball on this because we have a water-tight contact with Jenson for next season.

"If BAR are so keen to keep Jenson they will have to offer a lot more money."

BAR boss, Nick Fry meanwhile has confirmed again that they are very keen to keep hold of Jenson, despite the fact he has yet to win a grand prix. Ideally BAR would like to partner him with Rubens Barrichello next season, after signing the Brazilian earlier this month.

"If Williams want to do a deal we are open to discussion," added Fry. "Jenson is worth a lot to both teams. We wouldn't be squabbling over him if he were not, but his value is impossible to quantify. Jenson has already started the process of trying to get out of his Williams contract. There has been a number of letters going backwards and forwards and also discussions."

BAR have apparently offered Button a five-year deal worth £50 million, should he managed to get out of his deal with Williams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: £50 million for Buttons services!
Date: August 29, 2005 10:39PM
Posted by: The Lopper
So chet.....would you pay Button £50 mill for his services? ;)

Williams might as well see how much they can fleece BAR for Button, but Bar gotta remember the last time they paid exorbitant amounts of money for one driver. *cough* Villeneuve*cough*
Date: August 29, 2005 10:53PM
Posted by: chet
lol hmmm hes worth it but.. nah :P

imo BAR will pay however much they need to keep him.. there is no other driver who is available that is as good as him imo :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 29, 2005 11:04PM
Posted by: Lemming
I still don't really understand why Button wanted to leave last year when he had a team ready to be built around him.

Although at the start of this year, it looked like he'd made the right decision in wanting to leave, now it looks much better at BAR than Williams. Ahhh hindsight.

Date: August 29, 2005 11:23PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
They won't pay 50 million for him though.

In any case, let's take this with a bucket of salt, since its the news of the world.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 29, 2005 11:43PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
believe it or not, the news of the world have often got sporting rumours spot on.

Date: August 29, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: sega
well, if they just want to throw away their money like that, why not sending me 1 million or 2?

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 30, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: Sauber89
yer news of the world do get it right like the ashley cole chelsea tapping up saga buttons not worth £50 million and im a fan of his £50 million for a guy with no win ,mazing really

Date: August 30, 2005 12:19AM
but then again..

stats only tell half the story..

imo his only chance of victory was at Brazil or Germany 04. of course things that were out of his control happend

Date: August 30, 2005 12:25AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
only drivers worth 50 million are schuie, raikkonen and alonso not button.
Date: August 30, 2005 01:51AM
but then thats you opinion ;)

but i would also add DC ;-)

Date: August 30, 2005 03:05AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
dc wtf no :/
dude i fear for your sanity......
Date: August 30, 2005 03:27AM
well again mu opinion..

i only say him because for getting points no1 could be better except for shumi..

With Kimi and Alonso you still are not sure wether they will mess it up when it counts.

With DC and Shumi u knw it cant happen... well for sure Shumi.

sure DC has HAD his quali problems but in the race he is inch perfect.. as is JB :P:P

ok admitidly kimi, micheal and alonso are faster than DC and JB... i mean if u disagree then your just plain stupid :P But like how monty did in Turkey kimi and alonso will make more mistakes (than DC and JB imo).. because of their experience.. and driving styles (or lack of) and their lack of experience being in different experinces (if u get me).

i know full well he can finish races, fight and still stay on track and out of trouble.

Date: August 30, 2005 05:35AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
if BAR pay $50 mil for Button they all need to get their Heads Checked

He has never even won a race !!!!

i think he is a good driver but there a a few in front of him ATM

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: August 30, 2005 07:16AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Oh come on, we all know he's worth every cent! This the driver who ALMOST won several races.

'The 2004 Italian GP saw Button leading at mid-distance and seemingly on course for his first race win in Formula 1

Date: August 30, 2005 08:12AM
Posted by: b-tone
Mini Maestro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> only drivers worth 50 million are schuie,
> raikkonen and alonso not button.
>
>
>

no one on this earth is worth that much. to do anything. bunch of overpayed jump up little @#$%& if you ask me.

____
Tony

Date: August 30, 2005 10:17AM
Posted by: Sauber89
i think he should of won in china last year bar team seemed to be looking the other way strategy wise brazil you'd have to say he was looking good even on 7 cylinders at the start until he retired hckenhiem no way that ferari last year had bags more space than it showed i.e monza the only race where they used it he was unlucky there

Date: August 30, 2005 01:12PM
Posted by: anze89

wow, he's a very expensive hooker! I wonder what he does for that money :p

Date: August 30, 2005 02:41PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
rofl

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 30, 2005 08:41PM
Posted by: markko
Nobody is really worth £50m, nevermind Button. So over-hyped.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy