This is just insulting...

Posted by Razorsedge 
This is just insulting...
Date: August 26, 2005 06:30PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I'm not attacking Renault here, but rather this silly 'Team orders' rule.
Do they honestly believe we are stupid? This answer I found on ITV F1 really pissed me off, just who is F1's audience that they would accept this response!!?:

"At Istanbul we heard the Renault team telling Alonso over the radio to overtake Fisichella

Re: This is just insulting...
Date: August 26, 2005 09:34PM
Posted by: LS.
Its no different to Ivines long brake pedal ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 26, 2005 09:46PM
Posted by: Lemming
When it can be put down to a difference in strategy and they don't want 1 car holding up his teammate, as in this case, then team orders should be allowed. It's just when they make a mockery of the sport like Ferrari did at Austria 2002 that the problem is...

Date: August 26, 2005 10:37PM
Posted by: chet
put it this way which sounds worse to the FIA...

"Fizzy Alonso is faster let him past?"

"Alonso your faster than Fizzy get passed?"

:P

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 26, 2005 11:04PM
Yeah, they both mean the same thing, except the way Renault did it wasn't against the silly rule. I cann understand why the rule was enforced after Ferrari were being silly, but it made perfect sense for Fisi to let Alonso past when he had less fuel than him... Think the rule needs changing, maybe so team orders aren't allowed after the final round of stops or something.

Date: August 27, 2005 01:03AM
Posted by: assadof1
renault ignore the rules it's clearly what heppend
and if schumacher did pass barrichello in austria 2002 before the last lap
no one will talk about it .......

speed freak
Date: August 27, 2005 10:12AM
Yeah, if Ferrari had swapped the drivers over before the last pitstop (or "accidentally" held Barrichello up in his stop), nobody would've minded. It's just that they made everything look stupid and insulted us much more than Renault did last weekend.

Date: August 27, 2005 10:41AM
Posted by: Vader
It's F1 - what do you expect?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 27, 2005 10:44AM
If renaults race strategy is being compromised by one of their cars holding up the other because of fuel load and losing time then i dont have a problem with that.

What i do have a problem with is when a driver is ordered to move over when its a points based matter and its near the end of the race i.e A1 ring etc

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 27, 2005 11:29AM
Posted by: mikef1
Yeah, if one driver in the team has a good shot at the title this far in to the season, it would make sense to have some kind of team orders to protect the championship contender, even if it is a bad show.
Date: August 27, 2005 12:25PM
...provided they don't do it so blatantly late on in the race like Ferrari. They have strategies, so they should work it so if they're on for a 1-2 or something, make sure it works out in the order they want!

Date: August 29, 2005 12:22PM
Posted by: Ali
Don't you think Kimi would have received a similar "instruction" if it were Montoya's case?
They are fighting for a champ!!! and Fisi was slower anyway... Not only that but he was unable to keep his position in front of Kimi so I think it is absolutely normal to espect such an instruction. And I'm sure Kimi amd Montoya would have done the same in similar circumstances...
Date: August 29, 2005 02:16PM
Posted by: villej
McLaren doesn't give any team orders to it's drivers. Though I believe that in same situation Montoya would have let Räikkönen by, as he did in Hungary, but by his own decision, not teams.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2005 02:16PM by villej.
Date: August 29, 2005 02:17PM
Flavio Briatore has dismissed any suggestion that Renault employed team orders to get Fernando Alonso in front of Giancarlo Fisichella in the Turkish Grand Prix.

ITV viewers heard Alonso

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 29, 2005 03:01PM
Posted by: b-tone
...our team doesn't believe in unnecessary secrecy...

who defines which secrets are necesary?

____
Tony

Date: August 29, 2005 04:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
to be honest im pretty sure GF knew fully well he would have to let FA past
Date: August 29, 2005 07:08PM
Posted by: vesuvius
ChrisB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> to be honest im pretty sure GF knew fully well he
> would have to let FA past
>
> Chris
> -=-=-=-=-
>
>

ofcourse he did because he has said it already earlier that he has been asked to help Fernando .
Date: August 29, 2005 08:53PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I think there is absolutely no difference between what Ferrari did in Austria in '02 (and '01 if you remember to get MS a couple of extra points) and Renault at Turkey, its just Ferrari did it in the stupidest way possible, and unnecessarily too early in the season.

I find it really hard to understand why you hate Ferrari for it, but compliment Renault for it. team orders is team orders, whether you blatantly ask drivers to switch positions at the finish line, or during the race through coded messages or based on the differering strategies of the two drivers in a team.

you can't applaud it in certain situations, yet crucify them for others, thats hypocritical.

I hated what they did in Austria as much as anyone, but F1 is as much a team sport as a drivers championship, so we either ban all incidents of team play, and ban all radio communication, or fully allow them to do what they want with their 2 cars.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 29, 2005 08:56PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
well said Muks..
Date: August 29, 2005 09:07PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I think there is absolutely no difference between what Ferrari did in Austria in '02 (and '01 if you remember to get MS a couple of extra points) and Renault at Turkey, its just Ferrari did it in the stupidest way possible, and unnecessarily too early in the season.

I find it really hard to understand why you hate Ferrari for it, but compliment Renault for it.

Very possibly because Ferrari did it in the stupidest way possible and unnecessairly too early in the season. :)

And as for F1 being a team sport, Ferrari already had all 16 points wrapped up at that stage, their drivers being 1st and 2nd, so it should have made no difference to Ferrari who won. Renault on the other hand, were still challenging for first place, their drivers being 2nd and 3rd. And Alonso was faster, therefore, it made sense to leave him challenge for the lead.

So there are a few differences in the incidents. However, i do not wish to appear anti-Ferrari, only to say that the team orders were poorly exectuted by them
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy