what a race! *spoiler*

Posted by variante_ascari 
Re: what a race! *spoiler*
Date: July 20, 2003 05:02PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
And gets a BJ by his wife/g'f afterwards.

You shouldn't have to win to get that.

Also, did you guys see Ralf Schumacher, he overtook some people today.
Date: July 20, 2003 05:05PM
Posted by: Ellis
Everyone overtook some people today

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 20, 2003 06:13PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
we didn't cut to a break in NZ when that moron ran out, DC was all set to pass somebody (a Toyota?), and had to fall back behind again when he saw that idiot...

I was watching at my g/f's flat and i couldn't yell in excitement cos i woulda woken her flatmates (1am? not good for screaming)...i had to supress a lot of excitement in this race, twas great....sooooo great, in fact, i fell asleep with 8 laps to go, and woke up halfway through JPM's turn at the press conference! Arrgh! :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: July 20, 2003 07:37PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Yeah in Australia they were playing music going to an ad, but then they stopped and stayed - like LS said, it really was a heart in mouth moment, very tense. Let's hope they never let that happen again.

Great race though!

Date: July 20, 2003 10:37PM
Posted by: Toby Burke
Just seen the re-air here in the colonies...:). What a race! Best one by far all year IMO. Great drive by Rubens. My favorite couple laps were when Jacques and Schummi thought it was '97 or something again. JV was holding his own there for a bit it looked like. And I think we can throw that "the Renault is down on power" theory out, too. Looked pretty strong to me, outdragging the GA a couple times.

Anyone know what happened with Kimi's two off-course excursions that cost him places? Was that the area of the track that Pizza Boy lost the motor at? Maybe laid down some oil?
Date: July 21, 2003 12:03AM
Posted by: jawwad01
Star Sports (Y) is the best .
We We never been interupted at any crucial point and if somehow in a short break , a special moment misses than the starsports always shows the replay.
They have their own Commentry which i like more than James ..... .

Date: July 21, 2003 12:21AM
Posted by: Eagle
What more can we say??? I think all the bases have been covered with this post....one of the absolute best races of the year (competing with the Brazilian GP) and one of the best of all time..

Rubens brilliant...Cristiano da Matta, now that he's had a taste of the #1 position, and holding off Kimi pretty well, should get better and better and better...

I agree with everyone on this forum when I say...WHAT A PRAT that guy was.

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: July 21, 2003 01:19AM
Posted by: Boils
I thought Kimmi did very well

not many other drivers could hold the ferrari's behind them for too long Rubens was on an absoloute charge and i knew he was gonna get passed Kimmi... i was just hoping kimmi would get the chance to fight back but bloody exciting racing none the less.

I dont know what ppl find wrong with JV's block of button, think about it if JB was going to overtake u after u just held MS back for 10 or so laps defending your line every lap would u want to loose another position striaght away? i bet JV only just saw him and though oh **** hes gona try and get up the inside! so he moved across....

lots of fantastic drives from all the best drivers
Da Matta was very good but i think mainly lucky, i like Da Matta so far he's shown good potential

the next couple years are going to be very interesting between the top drivers from the top 4 teams

excellent stuff best race of the year!!

Date: July 21, 2003 01:54AM
Posted by: Pooky
boils - it wasnt a block, it was a sharp jink to put button in his place

all part of the days drama!

but button put JV back in his place when he finished ahead of him again!

Date: July 21, 2003 02:43AM
Posted by: X_Acto
That guy on the track, remembers me the fatal accident of Tom Pryce in South Africa in 1977, when he ran over a marshall that was on the track.

They both get kill!!! :(

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: July 21, 2003 02:46AM
Posted by: Pooky
me too.

when itv cut to the ads suddenly, i went out to get something from the refridgerator and i could not stop cursing him.

i was saying 'fecking stupid stupid idiot, why does this have to happen to the british race, what an idiot, please god - i hope nothing has happened....etc.

because when they cut away suddenly, you start to think - has or is something appalling just abouit to happen.

i was actaully scared.

Date: July 21, 2003 03:28AM
Posted by: marcl
It was a race of 1st, so many overtaking moves and RS finally passed someone this year lol.

Rubens was so fast, i think though Kimis 3rd set of tyres were not to good as before the 2nd stop rubens was not closing the gap like he did after his 3rd stop.

someone here said u can move twice to block, u can move once. MS always seems to move when the car behind does. The block on alonso was not on and after seeing the reply last night the guy on the track was no where near MS so dont know hoe he can say he nearly ran him over.

James allen oh dear, so many mistakes he kept saying the wrong drivers and getting it so wrong. "look at alonso he is flying, oh actually he lost a place to JPM." " MS made a great start off the line, he started 5th now he is 5th". And he made these coments screeming.
Date: July 21, 2003 03:30AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I thought JV's move on button was harsh, really harsh. But hats off to him for keeping the fastest car behind him for so long....he's still one of the toughest to get past, unlike all the others MS sped past in no time! Well done JV.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 21, 2003 03:34AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
er....how many laps did he kept MS behind him? 14? 23?
that's a good one from the former world champion altho he failed to score any points :) good drive by JV

Date: July 21, 2003 03:43AM
Posted by: marcl
ralf firman also drove well, he kept faster cars behind him as well. I think he has a very good race craft and he does it fairly, he knew MS was faster and there was no way he could keep him back.
Date: July 21, 2003 03:56AM
Posted by: Comissario
Give JV a top car, so we can see more fights with MS!! That would be really cool!!
Goooo Jacques!!!
Date: July 21, 2003 04:11AM
Posted by: X_Acto
I agree with Comissario.

Give JV a good car!

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: July 21, 2003 04:32AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I think he wouldn't do great.....don't get me wrong, he's my favourite, but he's not as quick as he was. He's a fighter, and he'll never give up on a scrap, still one of the hardest to pass in F1, whatever car he's in. At the end of the day, he's good to watch, and we need fewer 'robots' and more exciting drivers, with character (ie more montoyas, villeneuves and buttons).

Still, I'd love to see him in a top car one day. Soon.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 21, 2003 05:32AM
Posted by: LS.
heres a few of my pics from the grandprix of him being apprehended by the track marshalls

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 21, 2003 05:37AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
he's a jew? :-o

Post Edited (07-21-03 12:40)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy