what a race! *spoiler*

Posted by variante_ascari 
Re: what a race! *spoiler*
Date: July 20, 2003 10:30AM
Posted by: LS.
did you not see what the idiot did then?

it was sickening, he was weaving acrosss the track as if he wanted to be killed, its was one of those moments when your heart feels like it was in your mouth,

thank god the marshall ran out and got him

i really felt there was going to be a real tradegy

it was'nt as if he doing for publicity, it was as if he wanted to die there and then, a few of the drivers really had to swerve out of his way to miss hitting him

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 20, 2003 10:33AM
Posted by: Vader
Kimi continues to show why Ron made a mistake. (with both)

Can you elaborate on this please? Being on second within reach of the title cannot be that bad. Yes, Kimi does mistakes, but only because he is so eager and pushing it harder than some other drivers. Look at the first season of MS and see how many mistakes he had done. You wouldn't honestly say it was a mistake to sign him? Only people who do nothing don't make mistakes.

Ferrari now have the fastest car.

One swallow does not make a summer. When will you ever learn that you cannot judge the strength of a team from just one race? Same with Ralf. he won Nürburgring by surprise and Magny Cours (probably because there was no time to test between the races). Nothing unusual, still people shout "Ralf is going to be MS new rival. Forget Kimi!" A race later things already look different. I bet the next races will show other cars/drivers in front and all will shout "Yes, he is going to be the new champ". Ridicolous.

You cannot really say which team is the fastest this year. Ferrari, Williams and McLaren are so close together, that it really comes down to other factors like temperature, track surface, tyres, etc. If Ferrari won today it was due to the right circumstances. It does not tell you anything about what will happen in the next race. Same goes for McLaren and Williams. this is what I like about 2003. You don't really know where teams are, so we have lots of excitement.

Post Edited (07-20-03 17:41)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 20, 2003 10:36AM
Posted by: Guimengo
to Chris Lewis:
I know, but we always followed him from the beginning, and many people don't know how much we expect from him all the time. Brazil doesn't have a champion since 92, with you know who, and when he won Hockenhein 2000, I was screaming from my window, the TV narrator went crazy, the song that was played everytime Piquet and Senna won was played (tema da vitória), everyone celebrated like we won another World Cup in soccer!
Rubinho has fans all over and that is awesome, but I'm giving a perspective from a fan that followed him from the beginning (93) until today, always defending him against bad criticism, and showing why he is so stressed many times and why he asks too much of himself.
Still, great race!

Date: July 20, 2003 10:57AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Vader, Kimi has made a few mistakes this year which could cost him the championship. McLaren expect Kimi to take this years championship.
If the end of season points turn out to be by 1-6 points then this will show that no rookie should be in a top F1 team.

Kimi has done well. Extremely well from what I admit. But if you want a driver who can win a championship, you should have someone with the necessary talent to win a championship. Kimi is a question. Can he or not? Its up to his skills and experience in my opinion. Skill, almost. Experience, almost none.

Who has the fastest car is a good thing to ponder on. I only say Ferrari because of the difference in lap time differences. But both Ferraris were fastest in this race which can mean tyres, or not. Ferrari have had great overtaking speed in all races which is a great benefit overall.

Guimengo, I understand. Lets hope he catches up in the championship.

Post Edited (07-20-03 18:01)

Date: July 20, 2003 11:03AM
I don't agree with you. According to Norbert Haug Mercedes never expected to be serious title contenders this year. They have already achieved more they could hope for with a car that is one year older than that of Ferrari and Williams. Nobody seriously expected Kimi to become champion this year. If somebody was expected to get the title it was DC - a driver with talent and experience.

Kimi has enough talent and rough speed and he has got time. If not this year, he might win next year. Besides you cannot really call someone in his third season a rookie.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 20, 2003 11:08AM
Posted by: Pooky
kimi is not really a rookie anymore.

a driver in his 2nd season could still be considered a rookie, but not in his third.

i would love to have seen fischella driving this year alongside kimi instead of DC.

would have been fascinating to see how fast he is, and watch him win races.

i think he is just getting demoralised at jordan - thats why he was behind firman today

Date: July 20, 2003 11:20AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Vader, McLaren designed a car that would be a title contender. This being the Mp4-18. I dont think that they would skip a year just to develop one car. A top team will expect to win every year. How can they expect to spend a few million every year and not get the best result?

What I meant about the term "rookie", is that he was employed in a top team in his second year in F1. Plus he hardly had any experience before that, considering the hardships that some people take to get in F1.
Date: July 20, 2003 12:50PM
Posted by: GLD
Best race 4 years in my opinion

Please click my sig!
Date: July 20, 2003 01:18PM
Posted by: marcl
Great race can not wait to see the highlights.

Did anyone see that move MS pulled though to block Alonso, he had him near enough on the grass on the 1st lap.

Thats 2 races now RB has won with a bloke walking on the track.

I am not sure how MS can say he nearly hit the guy when Kimi said the guy was not on the circuit when he drove passed, MS was not that far behind at that stage.

The british GP must stay its one of the only circuits where u can pass

Post Edited (07-20-03 20:27)

Date: July 20, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: RonF1
Great race just as good as the race at Brazil earlier in the season. It looks like Ferrari have the better car now they were miles faster than anyone else. dont think Kimi will win the title this year the car is to slow now and threw away 2nd place! Didnt da matta look comfortable in the lead?!
Date: July 20, 2003 01:42PM
Posted by: Oleg
Best race 4 years in my opinion

Yeah,Ruby's contacts in the loony house work again and DC should have had a square headrest fitted(just joking;-))

Rubens-excellent performance,faster Ferrari on merit i suppose this weekend,if the rumour about him being the only Ferrari to use the new tyres is correct then the future looks rosy although it could be down to the circuit and the weather

Michael-strange race,as a fan of his i could say that i am dissapointed,probably made a wrong choice on the tyres and struggled with the slower cars.Full credit to Ferrari for playing it fair in the pits

Kimi-good drive,got the best out of the package,too bad he slipped on the oil;-)(again;-)) would have been a good battle otherwise with JPM.Not really faster than DC,but i guess it's down to the tactics.Benefited from SC.

DC-the route of all evil;-)Excellent race,gutsy moves,showing that he is a team player with Kimi and edging ever closer to a definite seat with McLaren next year IMO.

JPM-agressive as ever,maximised his chances for WDC really well.A desrving runner-up in the man of the match stakes to RB.Got his act together and had Ralf's number this weekend.Bodes well for his future if the rumours from the Williams camp are to be believed.

Ralf-had the pace,was really unfortunate to suffer the damage,tried his best to recover but it wasn't enough at the end

Alonso seemed to lose a lot of time in the last pitstop.Wonder what happened there?

JV-excellent driving down the memory lane.The last lap-

Forgot Button.He probably had overtaken the most cars.Really impressive.Shades of JV-Austria 2000.

Post Edited (07-20-03 21:29)

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: July 20, 2003 02:26PM
Posted by: matthewp
also worth mentioning MS's questionable defending of his position against Alonso early on, i'm Glad Blundell brought the point up and i'd like to hear whether Ross Brawn though that it was a "classy" bit of driving

Date: July 20, 2003 02:37PM
Oleg, my good old friend, I totally agree with you. :)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 20, 2003 02:46PM
Posted by: marcl
We should have more tracks like silverstone, it must be one of the only tracks left now where u can have racing and over taking like that.

A stunning race as it have been for the past few years.
Date: July 20, 2003 02:59PM
Posted by: genesis
But then we wouldn't like Silverstone. It's unique factor makes it that so much more special.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 20, 2003 03:10PM
This race is unique expect for the race in front of it which is the same.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 20, 2003 03:24PM
Posted by: Ellis
The way ITV switched to the break just as the nutter ran onto the track... those were undoubtedly the longest set of advertisements I've ever endured. I have to say I was expecting the worst when it rejoined the race.

That was defiantly planned. ITV obviously knew about this but didnt tell the ommentators but switched to a break as soon as they knew.

also worth mentioning MS's questionable defending of his position against Alonso early on, i'm Glad Blundell brought the point up and i'd like to hear whether Ross Brawn though that it was a "classy" bit of driving

I agree 100% and i dont care if it looks like im starting a flame war here, but really what was he playing at? I aint no alonso fan after Nurbrurgring and Brzail, but Michael forced him noto the grass at 180mph!

Plato done the same thing in ascar last year and got black flagged and 5 race suspended ban!

I REALLY hoped they went to Ross brawn for a comment just cos theres nothing he could say. Whether it was legal or not, it was defiantly unclassy if Ross is going by JPMs move.

Best move of the race: DC round the outside of the Renualt down at vale, that was amazing

Amazing stuff by JV to keep michael behind, pity of the suspected rear brake problem at the end

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 20, 2003 03:48PM
Posted by: Guimengo
If the guy is trying to pass, and Schumi is ahead, he has the right to the best course on track, and the right to alter his racecourse 2 times. These are the rules...
I also think we should have more tracks like Silverstone, Monza, Interlagos (specially the old one), San Marino (1994) and Hockenhein (maybe old one).
Suzuka is also sweeeeeeeeet ;)

And I think one of the best races Rubinho ever had were the 1998 Interlagos, where he held McLaren and Ferrari back, and Hockenhein 2000, with dry tires on basically a lake.

Date: July 20, 2003 04:04PM
Posted by: Ellis
Im not sure pushing somone so they have wheels on the grass is considered taking the best line tho

Very unclassy going by Ross's Standards

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 20, 2003 04:06PM
Posted by: bigears
The way ITV switched to the break just as the nutter ran onto the track... those were undoubtedly the longest set of advertisements I've ever endured. I have to say I was expecting the worst when it rejoined the race.

Agree with you mate. I was working at Maccys and I asked my shift manager to have my break at the time of the GP but I started at 8am so I just held on to the time of the GP.

It was so weird that when the moment, the cameras was on the guy at the Hangar Straight and James Allen just said "Oh........" and then suddenly ITV went to an advertisement break!

The race? It was full of drama and overtaking! The first was DC's part of the cockpit flying off and then the guy on the track causing the teams' stragedies (sp?) to be dropped.

I was pretty impressed with Rubens with a great move past Ralf on the outside and the same for Coulthard on Trulli at the Vale.

ITV got it spot on in terms of broadcasting the race, not too many on MS but a lot of onboards as well!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy