The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
it was JV who ruined the whole race....if he hadnt held up Alonso then it would have been a renault 1 - 2 for sure..the order up to discussion. he also held up Kimi and Schuie...

for pitstops they should do what they do in F3000 [now known as GP2] and limit the amount of people around the car to 6 or 8
it was JV who ruined the whole race....if he hadnt held up Alonso then it would have been a renault 1 - 2 for sure..the order up to discussion. he also held up Kimi and Schuie...

It is not JVs job to jump out of the way. If Alonso was able to pass, others could to. It the drivers jobs to fight for a pass

But it seems when we get that, like now, people still whine about it

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
look yeh i am not whining about it i am just saying that he just messed up what could have been an exciting race..if that race turns u on then the 2004 season must have been just great for you...
McLaren sounded a tad disappointing. Its a bit worrying really, hope they can amke inroads. Bad race for gridbids,i'm currently 163rd with just 23 points, luckily i had picked Fisi :/
Re: The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**
Date: March 06, 2005 06:22PM
Posted by: yositm
alonso was clearly the best, and don't forget he made the best lap:

[www.formula1.com]

and maybe he could have overtake Barrichello but with the new rules about engines 2 points don't deserve risking the engine for malaysia, a very hard track

Alonso has the opportunity to become the youngest F1 champion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2005 06:23PM by yositm.
Date: March 06, 2005 06:34PM
Posted by: Imran
"and maybe he could have overtake Barrichello but with the new rules about engines 2 points don't deserve risking the engine for malaysia, a very hard track"

u said it urself there, im sure fisichella could have won it by miles, but he drove a very conservative and sensible race preserving engines and tires,just keeping a gap to the second place driver throughout the race.
sepang will be interesting, im seeing 1 race weekend engines and very very hot conditions with long straights. engine failures galore

Date: March 06, 2005 06:42PM
Posted by: mikef1
This new engine rule is bad for F1. Most of the drivers looked like they weren't trying hard during the race, Montoya especially, because they know they have a hot race coming up so they settled for points rather than take a risk and go for it.
Date: March 06, 2005 07:13PM
Posted by: Marco1
wow, I was going to wait till after malaysia to make my comments on f1 this year, but I cant hold it in!

Australia 2005 was the MOST boring season opening grandprix I have ever seen. No doubt about it, especially with some four rookies in the field, and all these new rule changes. This race should have been a lottery but it wasnt. The majority of the drivers looked as though they were going to church with the pace they were demonstrating on track. I am sure Mclaren had more pace than that, even schumacher was probably much faster in last years car then he was letting on.

These rule changes are a complete mess, half the teams dont know what their doing, Paul stoddart made a comment regarding the little minardi fiasco. He said he was making a statement because the 2005 rule changes he believed were implemented illegally. I would like to hear more on that. But as martin brundle said at the start of the grand prix, "im not sure f1 is actually making progress, I think their going backward" Well, we are seeing a decline people. Formula One has turned from a vibrant racing formula which it was from 1950 - 2000 to utter chaos. No longer is it a strategic, technically advanced, pure pace formula, strategy and speed and even some of the technology are being thrown out the window, infavor of 2 hours of conservative driving, holding your position hoping for someone else to go out of the race.

Anyone who actually believes what they saw in melbourne was entertaining think again. What you saw in melbourne people was a complete mess, and the most overwhelming reason for the manufacturers to create the gpwc. Formula One has callapsed, the two old men running it have lost vision and practicality, and heres the best part, wait till MALAYSIA! cause what your going to see there will be even more entertaining if you that this australian race was anygood!

In malaysia, it will be the second weekend with the same engines, in a hotter place, using the same tires all weekend, if you believe right now that your going to see raw speed, think again! Formula one has turned into an endurance race, only difference is this endurance race lasts 2 gp weekends, and you cant touch the tires for a whole gp!

One quick thing on qualifying, seriously, I dont understand something, how can these 'educated' individuals running the sport, honestly think that by having qualifying on sunday will help f1? How on saturday did they have a q1 press conference? the grid wasnt even set on saturday? I found that I did more thinking, and was completely fed up after watching half of qualy 2 than the race.

I found qually 2 to be a huge waste of time, lets get it together people, 1 hour, 14 laps each throw the cars out there and let them do their thing. pre 2002 rules would be bliss with the engineering going into these cars at the moment, with tire changes, these powerful v 10 engines, thats what formula one needs

also, get rid of michelin or bridgestone, having ONE tire MANUFACTURER in formula one is how you slow down the cars. Then we can start to see slicks back in the sport!

Damn something just came to mind, Michael Schumacher, what the hell is going on? He is stuck in the gravel trap, begs stewards to run across the track just to drive back into the pits? First off that accident was simply a racing accident, there was no way to avoid that, the entrance to that corner is narrow and fast, both were idiots. But following that, what was MS and ferrari smoking? it was obvious where he was going, he would be the first to utilize, the 'Retarded' 2 race weekend engine rule, ie he would be the first to drop out of the race in order to change his engine for the next gp. it was a forgone conclusion! Really dangerous and stupid manouver my Schumacher.

Man, formula one has really lost it. If commenting on my remarks, leave the schumacher section alone, it aint important, I recommend to all of you not to discuss any driver politics this year, and focus on ways to bring the sport back to the fans.

Marco
Date: March 06, 2005 07:20PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ B-Tone, as far as MS is concerned, he was full to the brim with fuel for a 1-stopper, so that canmaybe explain some of the reason why he wasn't flying through the field, against the majority who were 2-stopping.

and Marco, yes you've made some good points.

the qually is stupid and unentertaining, and so is the engine rule. and lets hope there is some clarification about dropping out of the race if you're not n the points, or else we'll see maybe 12 cars develop a 'problem' on the last lap at every race.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 06, 2005 07:29PM
Posted by: WaZz
I think that Button and Sato retired so they can get a new engine. Is it true ?

Yep, Nick Fry even admitted it ot ITV - F1.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 06, 2005 07:45PM
Posted by: Echo1
I found the race itself to be very enjoyable - personally and YAY! for David and Cristian!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2005 07:47PM by Echo1.
Anyone who actually believes what they saw in melbourne was entertaining think again.

I thought again, and it was still much more fun that almost all of the 2004 races combined

Posted by: -qwerty- (IP Logged)
Date: March 6, 2005 07:40PM

Yep, Nick Fry even admitted it ot ITV - F1.

BAR need to have better communicatio between the drivers, team and press. Because we had Jenson being a little annoyed saying they were told to stop because they had a problem, and the team saying they stopped to take advantage of the engine rules. Clearly the teams right but Jenson didnt know what to say so said what he thought would be the best for the team.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Yeah I agree Dave , I can´t see the reason why this race was boring :S last year I fell asleep for the first time in my life watching F1 at melbourne ...
this year I had no problem to stay up until 5 am
Date: March 06, 2005 08:04PM
Posted by: b-tone
the race was a bit boring - not enough retiremetns - but a good result makes a good race .

good points marco

Clearly the teams right but Jenson didnt know what to say so said what he thought would be the best for the team.

i'm starting to think jenson failed PR-101

____
Tony

Date: March 06, 2005 08:51PM
Posted by: Vader
yositm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and maybe he could have overtake Barrichello but
> with the new rules about engines 2 points don't
> deserve risking the engine for malaysia, a very
> hard track
>

That's not true. When Alonso was chasing Barrichello towards the end of the race you could hear Alonso's race engineer on the pit radio telling him he was allowed to rev higer twice until the end of the race. So they pretty well thought the extra two points were worth risking a bit more.

Concerning the pitstops: they are not allowed to change tyres unless they are damaged, but they are allowed to change tyre pressure if necessary. That's why they still need all these mechanics. Some have to control the tyre pressure, others have to carefully inspect the tyre threads to see if they are okay, the rest of the crew has to be ready to change a damaged tyre. Damaged tyres have to be handed over to the stewards who then decide if the change was justified.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2005 08:52PM by Vader.
Date: March 06, 2005 09:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i agree with dave, it was quite an interesting race

yes you can argue that its the result that makes it that way but put it like this, from the race we gathered that

ferrari arent miles ahead
more teams are at the top than last year (bar and ferrari were the only competitors last year)

and the action wasnt tooo good i suppose (but there was enough to keep me watching, cept when i fell asleep halfway though but blame that on alcohol rather than boredom) and moreover, 1st to 6th were seperated by the length of the start finish striaght at the end of the race, hopefully there will be more close racing to come
all I have to say is hahaha at Schuey. First he pushes Heifeld on teh grass, and then the marshalls won't push him. And luckily for us, when they decided to push him, his car was bust anyway... HAHAHA :)

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Webber sounded really disappointed during his post-race interviews. Must have thought he was really in with a shot at a podium spot.

Oh well, bring on Malaysia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy