The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
Yeah, but it was pretty insignificant. I don't think he would have scored a front row spot if he'd nailed it.
Re: The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**
Date: March 06, 2005 03:12AM
Posted by: mortal
Bring it on, it's just after 1-00pm with a little under an hour to go. The BBQ has just been arced up and the home brew is makin' it's way out of the fridge! The telly is on in the lounge, the simulator is hooked up to the puter and we're doin' hotlaps round Albert Park in a Minardi. Go Webber!!!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
and Kimi couldn't stop him self from repeating the same mistake he did in 2003 at the same corner..

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
and don't forget that they used to do 3 stops even in 1997
and tell 2002 so why not...???
it will be very smart on fisi to go three

gooooz fra ba
Kimi Sucks all the time!

Much better drivers are around: fisi, alonso, webber, ...
Date: March 06, 2005 03:25AM
Posted by: calimbo
Last minute news: Michael Schumacher has changed his engine, so he will be starting the race in 20th!!!

it will be 19th i think cause sato changed his engine too!
Conclusion after the Grand Prix: Fisichella superb win

Very good race from David Coulthard, Barrichello and Alonso

Disappointed: Michael Schumacher, Trulli, Raikkonen, Jenson Button.

And it was a very very very BORING race!
Final Results:
Date: March 06, 2005 06:01AM
Posted by: yositm
THIS IS ALONSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: March 06, 2005 06:11AM
Posted by: Imran
alonso did well..but i dont think fisichella pushed at any part of that race. just kept a gap of around 10 seconds..when the car behind picked up the pace he always hadn an answer, great drive from the front,,didnt strees the tires or the engine.
Well Done Fisico!
Date: March 06, 2005 06:11AM
Posted by: b-tone
hi alonso. you got here quick - thought you'd be celebrating

____
Tony

Date: March 06, 2005 06:12AM
Posted by: Eagle
Yup, definitely a boring race....was expecting a coming together in the first and 3rd corners, kinda like the 2002 race, but nothing really happened...everyone drove well, except maybe Michael Schumacher and Nick Heidfeld....that collision was unnecessary...

Good on ya Fisi....a man with SO much potential, but sometimes its just up to the quality of the car that determines race wins or podiums, and Giancarlo is definitely in a car that he'll do well in 2005.

5th place for Webber...didn't think he'd get a podium but he still drove a good race...kept his nose clean, kept outta trouble.
Date: March 06, 2005 06:16AM
Posted by: Sn0wm4n
Supreme DC!!! I hope Ron is happy now :D They tryed to destroy a racing driver...
Date: March 06, 2005 06:19AM
Posted by: Red Sam
unfortunate that MS saw fit to drive Nick onto the grass.

And forcing the marshalls to give him a push and then cruising to the pit was unnecessary IMO.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
save the walk... and very boring race ! Nice job by Giancarlo to lead well, and even better job by Red Bull. I just hope the next rounds show how the teams really are this season, as overtaking is still very rare... we need rules limiting cars for good, otherwise F1's fun is gone :(
Date: March 06, 2005 06:27AM
Posted by: calimbo
I'm really disspaointed.

First of all, i hate to say this, but i have to: well done Renault and Fisi...a clean job.

The good one for me were Renault, and RBR, who surprised everybody. Ferrari is clearly slower than Renault.

The biggest dissapointments for me were BAR...awful race for them, and all that bull Jenson was talking. And McLaren, Kimi was doing well, untill that fu(king barge board fell off. The first report is that Juan had the same problem than Kimi, plus he was suffering on the brakes almost all the race. Let's hope they can fix it for next race, and make a clean Malaysian GP.

There's no too much to say about the rest of the teams...Certainly this is not a clear picture of what the season is going to be like and in Malaysia we'll see the real one.

great to see schuamcher out, bit upset DC didnt get on the podium, but still appy both redbulls got into the points

fisichella must be really 'appy
First of all, well done to DC. Not only for doing a good drive, but for beating his old team, easily after taking such flack from alot of people

Same to Fisi. He takes alot of undeserved rubbish from people, well done to answering those critics

Quite funny to see Ferrari and BAR strugling to be perfectly honest

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 06, 2005 06:30AM
Posted by: Imran
"except maybe Michael Schumacher and Nick Heidfeld....that collision was unnecessary... "

michaels jink to the right that put hedfeld on the grass and with no grip was the uneccesary bit.

saw some interesting things today though,
Alonso showed the true pace of renault..fisi just showed how much experience he has and didnt go off and use al the pace because he just didnt need to..he was in total control from the start.

Raikkionen and montoya even though were running on different parts of the racetrack both seemed to be the same, and both made mistakes, in fact what happened to mclarens pace???

Heidfeld and webber were equally matched before the first pitstop..dont know what happened there but heidfeld some how lost 4 or 5 seconds and track postion which totally compromised his after noon, and well the collisin ive spoken about already"

Red bull are as fast as williams for now.but i dont think they will be able to keep up when williams bring in their monster development parts durin ghte next four races.

Villeneuve was pants.

The new boys..we never saw.

Schumacher was stuck in traffic and slow upto his retirement whereas barrichello showed that when the new ferrari comes out theyll be there or there abouts.

So the here is what i think the order in terms of performance potential was inthis race.

1)Renault
2)Ferrari(in rubens hands)
3)Red Bull,Williams and Mclaren ( although mclaren seemed to lack pace which was puzzling)
6)BAR, Toyota
8)Sauber(prob made to look worse then they are due to masssas bad luck in qually and villeneuve just being bad today)
9)Jordan
10)Minardi

And also a note on itv coverage..they missed so much i couldnt believe it..they just kept looking for things they thought would happen having seen preseason testing and missed loads, e.g. Ralf having major smoke from the back of the car after raikkonen stalled, Trullis pace during hte first stint, he was lapping as fast as anybody except fisichella, Heidfeld demise after the first pit stops,,where did he lose all that time and a place, Actaully most position changes during pitstops.

They spent so much time just telling us about the rules they forgot to notice what was happeining on track.

If there is a normal race in malaysia..i.e. no quali downpours,i think we will see renault being super fast again, but fissi has the upper hand because of the race win.and the fact his engine is far less strained compared to alonso
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy