The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
Re: The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**
Date: March 06, 2005 12:57PM
Posted by: tripleM
That shuts me up.:-)
I am a MS fan i admit and it was his fault causing the accident but barrichello saved ferrari's weekend and did a great job.

And the race was too boring. The 'old' tracks are to small to pass safely. The new tracks are much better to overtake, long straights, wide tarmac area's. Next grand prix will be much more fun i think and hope.
"The Ferrari is worringly still quick"

I wouldnt be so worried , in 2003 the 2002 ferrari was mighty quick too at first 4 races.
Bloody boring race dynamic, but an overall good result.

I hope the FIA have a word with MS for ushering marshalls to push him free from the gravel and then showing no intention to continue racing.

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2005 01:04PM by rogue_pigeon.
he would have continue the race if he saw a chance to take points but it taken to long before they pushed him and then he decided to come in and retire so he can put a new engine at next gp without a penalty.
Date: March 06, 2005 01:23PM
Posted by: Advong
If the FIA is to have words with Schumacher for having a push, surely they need to have a word with the marshalls that pushed him, at some level it must be their call as to whether or not they move him
Date: March 06, 2005 01:24PM
Posted by: Muks_C
got in from work at 1:30, and stayed up to watch it live. wasn't too impressed to be honest.

the tyres easily held on for the whole race, so why didn't they think of this years ago? notice how although there were marbles off the racing line, they didn't seem as big or as many as revious years.

the pre-race stuff was a bit boring, especially the Aussie cricket bit. Even Webber looked bored. nice pink shirts for Jardine and Blundell.

as expected the grid stayed much the same as Q1.

and what the hell was Heidfeld doing? this guy should be banned, taking MS out like that.

and the team radio bits were good, it was annoying when they though the message was for Sato telling him that 'JB' would be pitting soon, when it was obvious that the message was to Button telling him 'JV' would be pitting soon, but at least they cleared it up.

All in all, it wasn't as amazing as the hype before the race made out to be, but hats off to Fisi, Alonso and Red Bull, particularly DC. and Trulli wasted away as ever. the only interesting 'racing' was when Alonso and JV battled. nice scenes at the end when Fisi was standing up in his car down the pitlane with his arms aloft. but he didn't have to really push to the limit, so in that respect, his win in Brazil is more impressive, although he did very well to keep his concentration through the whole race while not being directly challenged.

and you can see he's learned a lot from Alonso. see his nice hand gestures when lapping cars?

@ Ferrari Fuhrer, your dea for qualifying is good, but we would need to have unlimited engines for it to really work. with them doing as little running as possible, and them not wanting topush to the max with these silly engine rules, they'll never give us a format like that.

and see how BAR ended the race? just like we discussed last week. then JB tried to hide this fact by saying the team told them they had problems so had to stop, but then his boss went and told the truth! maybe you should get your answers worked out beforehand next time boys! i can't see the FIA allowing this from the next race otherwise every car from 9th downwards could do that. on the last lap they went into the pits, so didn't take the flag.

would have liked to see a replay of the car going off in front of MS near the end of the lap. might be in the re-run.

(and I'm joking about Heidfeld, it was totally MS' fault. the marshalls should be told to ignore him, or anyone else when something like that happens. the rule should be either no-one is allowed a push, or everyone is allowed a push. with half-and-half, you're gonna get controversy)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2005 01:50PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 06, 2005 01:26PM
Posted by: b-tone
If the FIA is to have words with Schumacher for having a push

FIA: Sorry sir for taking so long - they thought it was rubens. won't happen again

____
Tony

lol b-tone good one :-)

time to put a new marshal in your 2005 mod héhé
Date: March 06, 2005 01:29PM
Posted by: Vader
Schumacher and Heidfeld somehow agreed on TV that it was a normal racing incident. If they can get over it, we should get over it too and don't read too much into it. You can't make an omelette without hbreaking eggs and stuff like this will always happen whenever there is mor ethan one car on the track.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 06, 2005 02:14PM
Posted by: Zcott
Well, I fell asleep on lap 17. The highlights will be how I see the race, so it'll probably be great!

Schumacher and Heidfeld somehow agreed on TV that it was a normal racing incident.

Thats not what either of them said to the press

Schumacher:

"What can you say? With this kind of thing there are always lots of different opinions and mine is that it is impossible to blame either one of us.

"I saw him behind me just as I came out of the pits and I made it clear that I was defending my position. At one point I lost sight of him in my mirrors and I went into the corner when I felt I had been hit.

"I have seen the incident on film. He was on the grass and he was not in full control of his car. I can't blame him for trying to overtake me but my car was slightly damaged and there was no point in carrying on."

Quick Nick:

"I think that I made a good move," said Heidfeld, making his Grand Prix debut with Williams. "Michael just came out of the pits and obviously he had a bad exit from the first chicane because he wasn't on the ideal line.

"I went alongside him and I could have out-braked him but he didn't leave me any space and pushed me on to the grass, where braking is obviously impossible.

"Apart from this unfortunate end to my race, we had a good weekend here, probably better than expected and Mark finished in the points."

---------------

According to the race fastest laps, Jenson was also 5th fastest

[www.formula1.com]

BAR need to pull there thumb out after that one

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2005 03:29PM by DaveEllis.
Date: March 06, 2005 03:47PM
Posted by: Pluis
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if Jenson Button is going to make any big
> statements again?? Geez, he came out and said
> Webber was over-rated. Question : where were you
> all weekend Jenson??? Answer : well behind
> Webber..... stupid git Jenson! Keep your trap
> shut. Not wise to criticise others before you have
> really achieved anything.....

And what has Webber achieved? Button took 10 podium finishes and Webber, he took 2 times a fifth place WOW. The worse thing is if you look at 2003, with the old point system, Webber only took 3 points, he wasn't that special in 2003 and 2004 was even worse. Oke he's great at quali's, bad at races, he's a sort of Trulli, maybe he can convince me this year, but Button already did that last year, beating everybody except the reds and in 2003 he beat even a old world champion

Date: March 06, 2005 03:52PM
Posted by: mikef1
Renault are able to look after their tyres better than the other Michelin runners by the look of things. The Mclarens seem to be hard on their tyres and this could be a problem for them in Malaysia where it will be a lot hotter. I don't think that Williams or BAR are as slow as we thought and Ferrari still look threatening. Not a bad race but not much overtaking either, shame really.
And what has Webber achieved? Button took 10 podium finishes and Webber, he took 2 times a fifth place WOW.

Button had the second best car for most of 2004 and spent the whole time telling us he could win, and then he never did. Whilst Webber never been in a position to do well.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
although u may think im a button fan, i actually kinda find him very annoying, im amuch bigger dc fan, but anywayz i really do think jb should shut his mouth with some of the stuff he says, especially itbeing the end of ms's era when he cant even get near him,

Date: March 06, 2005 04:25PM
Posted by: WaZz
I don't like the new rules, especially the one about the tire.....
It felt like everybody was watching the race, nobody pushed that hard ....

And about the pit stops, this is ridiculous, all the mecanics watching 4 tyres ? I missed so much the old championship!

And my last point is about Minardi and Jordan, if you come to race in F1 championship, you have to give everything you have!!! They were lapped at lap 15, this is a pure joke. I don't understand what is the point of that ? At the begining I liked that small team Minardi, but since Stoddart is in, they don't deserve to be in F1 no more. He should try GP2 or DTM or even the Porsche Cup

The Race was BORING wasnt worth staying up for.
From a Schuie - haters point of view it was excellent but he is still the man to beat...look @ what barrichello did from his grid position that is evident that ferrari are on pace with mclaren @ least.
Was good for Renault but it was all to easy..when we get to malaysia, bahrain and then imola will we sort the men from the boys.
Date: March 06, 2005 04:45PM
Posted by: Muks_C
forgot to mention, but just seen it again. was funny when Martin was talking to Alonso on the grid, and turned round and jumped when he saw Flavio standing there.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 06, 2005 04:57PM
Posted by: b-tone
i was quite surprised at how shchumy and kimi didnt roar the the field. normally starting from last a top team can get into a points position within a few laps, and generaaly the cars looked pretty evenly matched

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy